1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H questions

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by _ALB_R3D X, Jul 25, 2012.

1. _ALB_R3D X

_ALB_R3D X New Member

Thanks Received:
    After many years with AMD I thought I'd give Intel a try again(yes I know it's better)
    My Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H should be here in around 2-3 days so I have a couple of questions before unpacking
    1- there are 4 SATA 6GB connectors(5 actually) two grey and two white,2 are driven off of the Intel Z77 Express chipset, while the two grey SATA 6 Gb/s ports are managed by a Marvell controller Which one should I use(mainly for my SSD)
    2 - There are 2 LAN ports, one on the right driven by an Intel controller, and the other by an Atheros controller. again which one offers best performance?
    And while I'm at it what software should I use to format my SSD and prep it for the new installation?
    Thx in advance
  2. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    SSD: Intel First.

LAN: Intel First. You can just disable the Atheros LAN in BIOS if not needed.

SSD prep: Let Windows handle it, install with no other drives connected except DVD if needed.
    _ALB_R3D X says thanks.
  3. _ALB_R3D X

_ALB_R3D X New Member

Thanks Received:
    No special software needed to fully format,write zeros or whatever?
    Thanks!
  4. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Nope, no software needed. Just do a quick format in Windows install beginnings, and you should be good to go.