1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Giveaway: Call of Duty Ghosts

Discussion in 'Games' started by manofthem, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freaksavior

freaksavior To infinity ... and beyond!

Thanks Received:
    Yup. Would love a copy of this. Loved the early ones and haven't played on in a while. :)

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    I loved first two CoD's because they were the first games ever which caught that pristine tiny cog in a huge war machine feel. Medal of Honor did that only in the Omaha Beach mission, but CoD did through the entire game. Great experience.

After that i didn't pay much attention for CoD series till now. I've seen few trailes of the Ghosts and i want to be the part of the end of the world. It looked so cool and interesting, far more than any other CoD in between original and Ghosts...

3. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    heres my entry....

i first played COD 2 on my first system... it was one of the first games that i installed.... config...
    athlon single core 3500+ and onboard video...

ahh the good ol times i spent clicking away and killing those fascist bastards...

well now this is me in MW3
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521572191202063&set=vb.100000478611462&type=3&theater

sorry facebook link :p

unfortunately i dont own a single copy of CoD.. all played on friends PCs :rolleyes:

4. jmcslob

Thanks Received:
    I like all the CoD games but my favorite of all time was World at War...It had the best online maps....I like the mechanics of BlOps 2 though...I wish they'd bring every map up to date from every game that'd be awesome.

This game looks to have even better mechanics.

EDIT:
    Just sayin'
    I really want this game and free would be awesome...I really want a killer dog...I always thought they should have let you control the pack of dogs like you're driving a tank LOL

5. Aleksander

Thanks Received:
    COD 2 was pretty fun and I enjoyed every piece of it
    That was my first COD
    I played with my neighbour using LAN connection
    I'm in! :3

6. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Haven't played CoD on PC since the original... though CoD Finest Hour, a PS2 game, was a little newer than that. I don't think I was too bad at CoD multiplayer back when I played the original, but that was a very long time ago...

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    Even though I hate the recent COD games, I still play them mostly the singleplayer part because the story is so action-packed and hollywood like, and anything free is good so I'm in!

I've played and beat every COD game to date except Black Ops 2, but the last time I really played Multiplayer was COD4 and a bit of MW2. for those who missed it COD4 MP was awesome and imo the best COD overall, both SP and MP. My favorite COD experience was the nuclear explosion on the COD4 mission, it was so intense, never seen anything like it in a video game before.

PS. Wow! donating 3 copies! props to dina!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  8. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    My first CoD was MoH:AA

I kid, I kid, it was CoD4, the move into the modern era is what got me, and the gameplay was amazing. Captain Price is still one of my all time favorite characters, my favorite mission in the game is the one where you play as him in the past to infiltrate Chernobyl in a guille suit.

I've played all of the CoD games from CoD4 on, mainly for multiplayer. My favorite is WaW, funnily enough, because of the level design, super gritty nature of the maps and the fact that it's the only modern CoD that allows for use of tanks. Oh, and the ever so satisfying no scope Mosin Nagant.

The newest CoD's made many of the maps too small or uninteresting, with the exception of a notable few. BO2's pick 10 system was a great addition to the series, as well as dumping final stand and deathstreaks.

I haven't decided if I'm gonna buy Ghosts yet, if I win, awesome I'll play the shit out of it. I still might buy the game though.

9. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    I played COD BO on an XBox 360 at a friends house. I've never gotten the hang of the controller so I sucked! Good gameplay and I'd be interested to experience it on a PC.

10. mafia97

mafia97

Thanks Received:
    Call of duty modern warfare 4 was my favorite COD and still is, the multiplayer matches we had, the lan matches i had with my friends , the awesome free for all and team dead matches.yeah it was awesome and the campaign was great too.
    I still play this with my friends :)
    So i would love and Call of duty ghost copy :)

11. Boozad

Boozad

Thanks Received:
    Damn shame I'm much more of a lurker than a poster. Great giveaway and props to those donating the copies!

12. rtwjunkie

rtwjunkie

Thanks Received:
    Thanks to DinaAngel! My first Call of Duty experience was Call of Duty...yeah the first one. What a well done, and I have to say it...LONG campaign! They just don't make them like that anymore. Then it's expansion pack, United Offensive was nearly as long. The two were very immersive, and totally sucked me in.

I just recently replayed the whole thing, and I have to say the mechanics and the graphics have actually held up quite well!! I enjoyed it every bit as much as the first time. I still say it, plus Call of Duty 2 were both great at beating the Medal of Honor games at their own game.

P.S. Price has been around since COD, same character model as MW series, just a different name.

I'm in! I definately want to be considered for this!

13. n3rdf1ght3r

n3rdf1ght3r

Thanks Received:
    First time I played COD would be at a friends party the day MW2 came out, man did I suck at that game. I think I had 2 kills and 43 deaths :p. The first CoD game I accually owed was CoD 4 though, friend gave me his product key because he didn't have internet. Thanks for the awesome giveaway and a big thanks to DinaAngel for providing the games :toast:

Crunching for Team TPU
  14. Maban

Maban

Thanks Received:
    Evening bump.

manofthem says thanks.
  15. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    1 day down, 4 more to go. There have been lots of good entries and stories; it's been fun and intriguing reading through all the posts :)

Keep the entries coming, as we have a few more days :toast:

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  16. mypg0306

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for this awesome giveaway for upcoming title. The first title would be COD:MW2 which I enjoyed the most. What I like is the multiplayer where when I got certain number of straight kills without dying, I can call the air bomb & chopper out to wipe out my enemies.

17. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    i'd like to enter as well, except that i have never played a COD game before :O Steam free weekend of MW2 was about the closest i came to playing the game (played about 10 mins of it >_< )

Crunching for Team TPU
  18. Mathragh

Mathragh

Thanks Received:
    I'd like to participate:):

I've been playing a lot of CoD the past years, but two versions stand out for me:

Call of Duty I:
    My friends and I regularly organise LAN parties, and this is one of those gems that even after so many years, its still one of everyone's favourites. Hours seem to fly by whenever we're all playing this game, and its one of the few things that can get everyone really exited and shout things like LOL DID YOU SEE THAT?!?!?!! after which the other person unquestionably responds 90% of the time with: Shit! already cancelled the killcam!.
    I don't know what this game has that others don't, but for me it remains one of the most fun shooters ever.

Call of Duty MW II:
    This game also gave me some fond memories. Some years ago, I had this semi-group of people with which I regularly teamed up to play some online matches with. At some point, we decided to start playing the game mode Headquarters Pro more frequently. After a couple of weeks, we grew to quite an efficient team, with people knowing what spots to pick in all the maps, and what tactics were the most succesfull. The role I took on myself was to quietly find my way into a corner of the designated headquarters and stay alive behind my riot shield for as long as possible. I can tell you I became quite adept at either bashing people with that shield, or throwing a tactical sticky grenade :D. The height of this period was that at one point, we managed to win 23 matches in a row, and constantly had more than half of the enemy team leaving after a match. Fun times :toast:

Edit: never gave much about the singleplayer parts of the game =D

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  19. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    In please :D

I first played a demo of CoD 1 on PC but didn't like it all that much. Then CoD4: MW came out and damn, I even still play it today. I will admit I was a console n00b when CoD4 came out so it was on xbox with uber laggggggg (headquarters was beast). However I got it again for free with a keyboard for PC and started playing it again. My favourite story was also a sad one with the nuclear explosion in CoD4 and being betrayed by Captain Shepherd ( I think that was his name...scene was where you try and board the helicopter and he shoots you) in MW2 - even though I had a feeling he might betray us.

20. mauriek

Thanks Received:
    well..i'm in too, i'm not going to miss the chance..

I played CoD 1 and 2 and it was fun but one thing i will always remember that i spent almost a month downloading update driver for my Radeon 7000 and MB with 2kb/s dial up because the old drivers crash when running that game and i lived in small town far from nowhere.

Crunching for Team TPU
  21. Maban

Maban

Thanks Received:
    manofthem says thanks.
  22. Durvelle27

Durvelle27

Thanks Received:
    Call Of Duty 2 on Xbox 360 was my first entry of the series while Call of Duty: World at War was my favorite in terms of multiplayer. I enjoyed the whole series but World at War & MW2 will all ways be my all time favorites.

Anyway back to the experience i sat around the 360 in the den playing multiplayer Team death match for hours on end just wasting time. The way i pwn the little ones is shoot them one time, run into a building and set a claymore :roll:. Always works :rockout:

Am I in

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
    Crunching for Team TPU
  23. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    Thanks you for posting that Maban. I updated the OP with it too ;)

Black.Raven says thanks.
  24. qu4k3r

qu4k3r

Thanks Received:
    I played COD2 long time ago, like S&D mode. Hate DM & TDM modes because they are for kids, I mean no strategy nor plan to get your goals done, just fire once and again.

One time I was playing on S&D server configured to accept bolt action rifles only, when all my team was killed and I was running out ammo, I typed on the chat... "cmon guys give me a chance, I'll fight to all of you, 1 by 1 but not firearms, bash only" ... they accepted it and I bashed them all, LOL.

COD:MW, was ok.
    COD:MW2, liked it a lot becuase included new modes.

Am I in?

25. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    Indeed you are. Your "thanked" count qualifies you, and your posts are almost there too :)