1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Giveaway: Call of Duty Ghosts

Discussion in 'Games' started by manofthem, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    I have played all the CoD games except for MW3 and BOII. My favorite out of the series is probably Big Red One. I remember trying to defend this building from a million germans running with panzers, took me the longest time to beat that part, then any game I have ever played, and had trouble.

2. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    My favorite Call of Duty is still the original Modern Warfare. The first match I ever played was on Bog and boy did I get my ass royally kicked but the gameplay and graphics were enough to get me irresistibly hooked especially when FPS weren't a dime a dozen as much as they are now.

3. Dos101

Dos101

Thanks Received:
    Wow thanks DinaAngel! (and you too for hosting this manofthem).

I first experience COD with Call of Duty 2 on the PC. Very intense game and other than maybe COD4 I don't think any other COD game has lived up to that kind of intensity.

4. Maban

Maban

Thanks Received:
    Quick note: I'm no longer going to accept spare Humble Bundle keys as donations for giveaways. If you would like to donate an entire Humble Bundle, it will need to have been purchased for at least six times the average price. (subject to change and my discretion) This decision only affects those who send donations to me specifically. I cannot speak for manofthem or other giveawayers. They are free to use their own discretion. I am still willing to accommodate all other game keys or Steam gifts.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
    Darkleoco and manofthem say thanks.
  5. manofthem

manofthem WCG-TPU Team All-Star!

Thanks Received:
    Evening bump, 2 days til closing and drawing :D
    :toast: :toast:

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. kn00tcn

kn00tcn

Thanks Received:
    at the time my OC wasnt fully stable, i was playing the campaign of cod4 & 3 hours in i had a bsod, the entire save was lost (had similar happen to trackmania, random local medal scores were lost)

the next day, being angry at the earlier loss of progress, i just went for the 6 hours & played cod4 from start to finish in one sitting

7. dank1983man420

dank1983man420

Thanks Received:
    Count me in please

I'll admit that I haven't played the last 2 installments, but I have played the rest on at least single player. COD 2 is still the most enjoyable of them all in my opinion, but I had fun with World at War as well. I was playing while I was tripping one time and stabbed a friend of mine who was also playing five separate times in a round. Then we got some airsoft guns and started a battle inside the house to simulate the game. It was fun :p

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. manofthem

Thanks Received:
    Giveaway ends tomorrow! I'll be closing entries early-ish tomorrow, maybe noon, and then in the afternoon/evening, the winners will be posted. :)
    Can't wait! :toast:

Crunching for Team TPU
  9. BigMack70

Thanks Received:
    I'm in, though my CoD story is mostly how I'd like to try out Ghosts. I got into CoD 4 by playing the PC demo back in the day, before I even knew CoD 4 was going to be a big deal. Got the game as a result and really enjoyed it, but never found the following installations as interesting.

The original CoD is still my favorite, though... used to go over to a buddies house to play that game and CS 1.6 (we took turns playing on his computer... lol) - those two games basically got me into PC gaming.

Kind of excited to see what they bring to the table with this version :D

10. Durvelle27

Durvelle27

Thanks Received:
    So excited. I just love the COD series

11. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    I'm in. Started To play COD before it went modern warfare but 4 was groundbreaking. Loved the SP and it was the first multiplayer for me. My son became addicted so we bought MW2 on launch date. Of course BF Bad Company changed again everything and we lost interest. Let's see Ghosts!

12. Tardan

Thanks Received:
    Crazy giveaway! I think I qualify, barely. If not I'll just tell my Call of Duty experience anyway. :)

The first Call of Duty I really got into was Modern Warfare 2. My brother and friends all played it almost constantly when it came out. I think I put close to 30 days of game time on it. So many good memories with it, but also a lot of bad ones as well!

The first awesome memory I can think of is when I got my first nuke. Those last 5 kills I needed were the longest few minutes of my life. I went into all out camp mode just to make sure I didn't die. My heart was thumping as I slowly popped one guy after another, and when I finally got it I screamed like a little girl and happily nuked everyone - teammates, enemies, and myself. :)

Bad memories? I can name so many, like every time I got commando'd. :laugh:

Anyways, thanks to Dina and manofthem for the awesome giveaway. Good luck to everyone that entered! :toast:

13. Fluffmeister

Fluffmeister

Thanks Received:
    Amazing giveaway, thanks to both manofthem and DinaAngel for the opportuinity to win the game. :toast:

Loved the first CoD, the part are particularly remember and enjoyed was Stalingrad campaign, getting dive bombed by the Stukas and taking heavy fire on the landing crafts. Then finally getting on land and only being given some ammo instead of a rifle. Looked and sounded great too!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  14. TheHunter

TheHunter

Thanks Received:
    Im in, great giveaway:toast:

I played through almost whole COD1,4,5,8,9 franchise and there were some great moments, like the last map in cod1 it was so huge, in cod4those air strike attacks and cod5 thank mission by cod9 bo2 suit flying and sticky hand gloves :D

Cod4 was my first online and its still the best COD from all, ok COD5 is great too with vintage weapons like mp40 and thompson, nice variety of maps.

Here is one recent cod4 48player DM 2x faster movement speed, mind you no spawncamping lol:D
    cod4.jpg

And smaller map cod5 DM
    CoDWaWmp_2013_04_10_20_36_21_150.jpg

15. manofthem

Thanks Received:
    Entries are now closed! Glad everyone got in while they could.

I'll be back in a few hours with the winners. I will be posting the names of 3 winners, sending PMs, and they will have a certain amount of time to claim their winnings before a new name is drawn.

See you soon with some exciting news....... :rockout: :rockout: :rockout:

PS: there may be some runner up prizes :D

update
    2:06pm: The list of entrants is ready; waiting on my helpers to draw
    3:18pm: still waiting

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
    Sasqui, stinger608, grunt_408 and 14 others say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  16. Durvelle27

Durvelle27

Thanks Received:
    Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy

:rockout:

manofthem says thanks.
  17. dank1983man420

dank1983man420

Thanks Received:
    Will the time period be at least 12 hours to claim the prize? I'm unfortunately on my way to work right now :banghead:

Crunching for Team TPU
  18. manofthem

Thanks Received:
    Yes, I'm sorry for not being more explicit earlier :eek:. The grace period will likely be 36 hours; I usually choose between 36-48hrs. I suppose some of it will depend on when I finally post (still waiting on some to get back to me).

After the 36-48 hours, if a winner has not claimed their prize, I will have to draw a new winner. That way, I'm not hanging onto these games for too long, and the games get into the hands of the regulars that want them.
    :toast:

Agility says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  19. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    longest wait for announcement ever?

manofthem says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  20. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    And the winners are............................Wait for it............Wait for it............Wait for it.......

Oh wait, I can't announce the winners. :roll:

Crunching for Team TPU 10 Million points folded for TPU
  21. manofthem

Thanks Received:
    Winners time....

Fluffmeister
    :toast: :toast: :toast:
    freaksavior
    DarkOCean

Congrats to all the winners! PMs will be incoming shortly, and your 48 hours start now ;) please send me a friend invite on Steam (my name there is the same as here), and I'll get the games off to you :)

Now for the runner up prizes:

crazyeyesreaper: Strike Suit Zero

Mussels: Origin Humble Bundle (non bf3)

Sasqui: Afterfall Insanity

For these runner ups, I'll be PMing you the details shortly as well. If you decide to decline, you may select a new recipient.

Thanks to everyone for participating in the giveaway! Another huge thanks to DinaAngel for contributing the Call of Duty games; very awesome!

Sorry to AlienIsGOD and stinger608 for taking soooooooo long. I had to wait for some correspondence via PMs with 2 additional members. And when i finally got it, I had to organize the post on my phone, all while watching the Red Sox crap on the Yankees :laugh:

Crunching for Team TPU
  22. Durvelle27

Durvelle27

Thanks Received:
    Ahhh this sucks :cry: but congrats to the winners

23. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    Oh that didn't bother me bro, I was just giving everyone some crap. :laugh:

manofthem says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU 10 Million points folded for TPU
  24. manofthem

Thanks Received:
    ;)
    Oh I know, I was messing you too, but the reason was for real lol. I'm sure everyone was wondering what the deuce was taking me so long :laugh:

All winners have been pm'd and alerted. If I take long in answering, is because I'm out at my folks' for dinner. I'll be responding the vest I can, and later tonight I'll be back on my pc
    :toast:

stinger608 and ThE_MaD_ShOt say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  25. okidna

okidna

Thanks Received:
    Congrats to the winners :toast: