1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Giveaway: Goodies Galore

Discussion in 'Games' started by manofthem, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    NHKS has wanted to do a giveaway for a good while, and now he has amassed several awesome games with which to give away. I threw a few into his collection, and now we are giving them away.

NHKS has been doing an awesome job giving back to the community, crunching for Team TPU and just recently having contributed to theonedub's giveaway, and for this he deserves a big thanks and a whole lot of :respect: :respect: :respect:

Let's see who won:

Alan Wake - adulaamin sent out:toast:
    Batman:AA- mauriek sent out:toast:
    Borderlands - AlienIsGod sent out:toast:
    Condemned - mediasorcerer sent out:toast:
    Crysis 2 - n3rdf1ght3r sent out:toast:
    Mirror's Edge - Norton sent out:toast:
    Orcs Must die 2 - okidna sent out:toast:
    Red Orchestra 2 - cdawall sent out:toast:
    Spec Ops - ahhZz
    sent out:toast:

[​IMG]

According to the picture, we have up for grabs:

from NHKS:
    • Alan Wake Franchise Pack
    • Batman Arkham Asylum
    • Crysis 2 Max Edition
    • Mirror's Edsge
    • Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

from manofthem:
    • Borderlands GOTY
    • Condemned: Criminal Origins
    • Orcs Must Die 2
    • Spec Ops The Line

Requirements: TPU member since Dec 2012, post count 50 or been thanked 25 times, a valid Steam account because ALL GAMES REQUIRE STEAM! Must NOT own the game, no exceptions!!! :(

WCG/F@H: Active WCG & F@H members are exempt from post/thanked requirements and are entitled to a second entry chance in the giveaway :respect: :respect:

To Enter: Post below a little about the worst game you ever bought and why. Let's make this fun to read through, and be sure to include which game you would like to be entered for. :) As theonedub would say, merely posting "in for ..." will earn an instan DQ :p

Also: Since this is a joint operation between NHKS and myself, everyone who meets the requirements is welcome to jump for any game, which includes all those who have won from me before. The Winners' Circle spoiler below is just for fun :laugh:
    Darkleoco: Amnesia The Dark Descent
    Sasqui: Deus Ex Human Revolution
    Bow: Left 4 Dead 2
    Easo: Portal 2
    VulkanBros: Nuclear Dawn
    AlienIsGod: Bioshock pack
    JrRacingFan: Metro 2033
    Norton: Metro 2033
    Crazyeyesreaper: Assassin's Creed 2
    Okidna: Fallout 3 GOTY
    Bo$$: Orcs Must Die! 2
    Lyndonguitar: Orcs Must Die!
    Fullinfusion: Alan Wake
    Phusius: ARMA II Operation Arrowhead
    Crap Daddy: Sniper Elite Pack
    Stinger608: Sniper Elite Pack
    Arciks: Trine 2
    mypg0306: Payday the Heist
    INSTG8R: The Darkness II
    themadshot: Alice Madness Returns
    1f3rn0x: LA Noire
    velvet wafer: Red Orchestra 2 GOTY
    brandonwh64: Red Orchestra 2 GOTY
    akumos: The Witcher
    TheHunter: Far Cry 2
    1kurgan1: Spec Ops The Line
    Irony: Dear Esther
    happita: RAGE
    GLD: Metro 2033
    TacoTown: Killing Floor
    SIGSEGV: The Witcher 2 EE
    Mussels: Just Cause 2
    theonedub: Velvet Assassin
    Dead Space 2: Absolution
    Laurijan: Fallout NV Ult Edition
    Lyndonguitar: Crysis 2 Max Edition
    DaC: Counter-Strike: GO
    DarkOCean: Counter-Strike: GO
    mypg0306: Blacklight Tango Down
    lilhasselhoffer: Orcs Must Die 2
    dhoshaw: Prototype
    RejZoRs: Red Faction Armageddon
    Bow: Specs Ops The Line
    brandonwh64: STALKER SoC
    Guitarrassdeamor: The Witcher 2
    Closing Time: Let's get this thing closed out on Friday the 25th, @5pm EST. This gives us the weekend to get the games squared away, as this would assist NHKS and myself ;) Obviously, the games will be sent from NHKS or myself, respective of whose possession they are currently in. ALL REQUIRE STEAM!

IMPORTANT: 24-hour-only grace period from the winner announcement, stipulated as a matter of necessity on our part. Therefore, if you enter for a game and hope to win, please remember to check back at TPU and/or check your email for thread alerts or PM alerts, since the winner is also PM'd after being announced in this thread. I apologize in advance for the shorter grace period in this giveaway ahead of time. :eek:

Random: The winners will be drawn randomly, using either Random.org or Ford's pickrandomline utility. :respect:

That's it. Now let's get right into the fun, get a whole lot of fun entries, and hand out some games, all while enjoying the amazing community of TPU :)
    :toast: :toast: :toast: :lovetpu:
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    .....okay....
    I decided to do lucky dip and see what I could get in the bargain games bin.
    At the time I had played so many games that there were so few that I could choose from.

....I ended up with Desperate Housewives the game.
    [​IMG]

Walked up to the counter showed the dude the game and said...I guess it's worth a try :/

Within the space of 10 minutes after installing I had played enough of it and had uninstalled it from my PC.
    Now the game stays at the bottom somewhere in the games draw.

The End.

I would like borderlands GOTY :)
    AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  3. [Ion]

[Ion] WCG Team Assistant

Thanks Received:
    Count me in for Red Orchestra: Stalingrad :)

To be hones, the worst game I've ever purchase? This is hard. I've purchased three games--Portal 2, Garry's Mod, and Europa Universallis 3. I guess if I'd have to rate one of them the worst, it would be EU3--it crashes immediately on a system with Intel graphics. It's fun, no question, but that is frustrating, as I mainly game on my laptop.

Thanks for holding another giveaway! :respect:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Norton

Norton WCG-TPU Team Captain

Thanks Received:
    I'm in for Mirror's Edge

My worst game was Black and White- never could get it running right and when it "almost" ran it just sucked to play :shadedshu

Thanks for keeping these giveaways going! :toast:

*EDIT- keep an eye out for another giveaway for crunchers and folders coming up tomorrow.... later today actually *
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
    NHKS and manofthem say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    Man, this is going to be good. I'm already enjoying reading these posts!
    Keep it up guys! :toast:
    NHKS says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. ChiSox

ChiSox

Thanks Received:
    Wow what a cool giveaway! The worst game I ever purchased BY FAR is Poker Night at the Inventory. It was a couple years back when I got back from the 2011 CES in Vegas, had a gambling habit and was on Poker Stars a lot. I was pissed that my Stars account wasn't going to allow me to cash out and needed a fix. So I looked for poker games throughout the internet. I found Poker Night at the Inventory and it was hyped up because of the Team Fortress characters and their personalities being the opponents. So I purchased it through Steam, although it wasn't more than $10, I was immediately sick to my stomach. The game play was so ridiculously slow that I played a total of 4 hands and never ran the .exe again. Each guy had to say his little "bluff" or "tell" and it got so annoying, so quick. I did find ways to turn off some of these features but it still had the speed of a Garry Kasparov vs. Bobby Fisher chess match. I know hold 'em is always better played live but again I needed a break from gambling. This made me wish I still my original XBOX and the World Series of Poker game that would kill hours of time for me.

Good luck to all and I can't wait to read about some other terrible titles.

Thanks to NHKS and manofthem for the generosity! Finding a new game to play would be great. And if you need my Steam handle its CacheWhore
  7. ...PACMAN...

...PACMAN...

Thanks Received:
    Hey, I can finally enter one :) Please count me in for Crysis 2 Maximum Edition please.

First off, that's a great selection of games.
    Secondly, I love the spirit of this place. I haven't really found a forum like this before and it's awesome to be a part of it.

The worst game I have ever purchased is far and away Duke Nukem Forever. It should've remained "unmade". Crap graphics, childish humour and really lacking in gameplay. So the game that remains in my collection but will never get played again is Duke Nukem.....forever ever.
  8. EiSFX

Thanks Received:
    Count me in For Crysis 2 Max Edition

I don't know if this will count cuz it actully is a pretty good game now but when I first bought GTA 4 it was by far the worst game i have ever bought even tho my computer at the time was well within there supposed min specs but it still ran like crap and i mean uber crap even with everything turned down as low as possable i was only getting a max of 10 FPS. And even trying to ask rockstar about it they just kept saying it was my computer not there game. That game sat on the shelf for quite a few years and a few upgrades later before i even looked at it again

If this dosen't count let me know i have another game that was actully just bad but this one was at the tiem i just thought a waste of money
  9. 1nf3rn0x

1nf3rn0x

Thanks Received:
    Put me in for Crysis 2! :)
    The worst game that I've bought...hmmm.

I will get a lot of hate for this but I'd have to say GTA IV on the pc. I had so much bloody trouble going through the installation, trying to launch the game even playing the game was a hassle. The first time I got it to run it lagged like absolute shit and my pc was no slouch back then as I've actually DOWNGRADED since then as I don't game as much anymore, only on the rare occasion. I remember the game used to lag every time I held down wasd. The countless memory leaks which forced me to restart missions many times over and pissed me off to the point where I snapped the discs. I bought the game on my Xbox and finally enjoyed it.
  10. Novulux

Thanks Received:
    Second GTA IV for PC as worst game purchase due to the fact that I still haven't been able to get past the launcher. I really wanted to try out some mods.
    Crysis 2 is what I'm interested in.
  11. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    I can't remember the name of the worst game I bought but it was an RTS with news reporting. As in, your actions in the game was covered by news teams. Killed civilians made you looked very bad, helping them made you look good. I still don't know if it was meant to be something more than a novelty. So the concept was pretty interesting, but the game was all but unplayable. And it kinda sucked. It's annoying that I can't remember the name of it though, but this was around ... 2004 I believe.

In for Alan Wake! :toast:
  12. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    Bump for another awesome giveaway!

Not entering as I just won Sleeping Dogs and am really enjoying it. Better than I thought it was going to be. I'll wait a month or two before entering another giveaway. The worst game a bought was probably out of Command and Conquer 4, Lego Universe (yes I bought it in the US only to find that I couldn't play it in Australia), Medal of Honor Warfighter or CoD: MW3. I'm probably going to say that MoH: Warfighter takes the title for this because of constant crashing and availability of crap servers such as finally being able to be 'crash-free' enough to join a server and then the server would kick me for having the wrong version of the game.

Good luck!
    NHKS says thanks.
  13. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    Oh my god! another giveaway!

as always, I'm in. for Alan Wake!

I have never really bought a bad PC game, having only limited budget for games, I really learned to triple check games before getting them. like watching youtube videos, reviews and even "trying" them out.

But for the Xbox 360, my worst game is Alpha Protocol, I was so hyped up I thought It was gonna be a combination of Splinter Cell and Mass Effect and got it without even watching the reviews and videos thoroughly,

My instincts for good games betrayed me, It outright sucks! well at least for me. The combat is bad, the skill system is bad, the stealth mechanic is bad, graphics is bad, animations are bad, hell, the story is bad too, the only decent thing is the voice acting, and having a bad story doesn't help.

I never played it past the first non-tutorial mission.
  14. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'd have my way with the game condemned if your keen?

p.s. Thankyou anyway, it's a good thing.:toast:
  15. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    Great giveaway!

I'm in for Alan Wake.

The worse game I bought was - you know... that's really bad of you to make me remember... I have spent years trying to forget... - JCB Digger. Not many will know of this... it was a UK special in the 1980's. BBC Micro game JCB Digger - YouTube. Revs was MUCH better REVS (BBC model B game) - YouTube Revs had the best and funniest competitor names like "Roland Slide", "Percy Veer", "Willy Swerve", "Wilma Cargo", "Rick Shaw". LOL.

Wow. Graphics have improved since the 80's!
  16. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    It was an old WW2 German tank sim. win95. Buggy as hell. Drove me nuts. Think it was something like 1945 Tiger or Panzer 1946. It was so bad I blocked from my memory.:laugh:
    I like Crysis 2 Max Edition.
  17. mauriek

Thanks Received:
    Amazing..count me in.. i don't have any of that game in my steam game library, so anything is just great (maybe except for horror game..i don't think i can collect enough courage to play horror game for a while)

forgot to add my worst game part, well it was Portal 2, somehow that game gave me one of the worst headache i ever have while playing game, i even throw up after few hours of playing.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
    Crunching for Team TPU
  18. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    kudos to NHKS and manofthem for the giveaway :)
    manofthem and NHKS say thanks.
  19. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Count me in for Alan Wake.

Worst game i ever purchased is life. Damn that game still kicks my ass to this day.
    AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  20. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    SQUEEEEE A CONTEST.

Diablo II: lord of destruction.

A: because it ruined my life, taking away 4+ hours a day for about 3 years of my life. thanks diablo, you raped my education

B: because i loaned it to a friend, who ended up stealing the CD key for battle.net (he knew i had no net at the time, so i wouldnt notice) and THEN gave the disk away to one of his friends, who deliberately fucked the disc.

so in the end, i had to pirate the game i paid for... and it still did A: to me :/
    lyndonguitar and THE_EGG say thanks.
  21. Aleksander

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the nice giveaway!

The worst game I ever bought was an old nintendo game, can't remember exactly the name but was like FIFA 1996 or smth like that.
    The game in its cover showed another game though which I really liked, but ended up with a nice scam!
    You could score goal from the middle of the soccer field and was extremely boring, especially the players movements.

In for Condemned:Criminal Origins
    That seems quite a drama :)
  22. adulaamin

adulaamin

Thanks Received:
    Count me in for Alan Wake! :toast:

Worst game i ever purchased was CoD 4. I couldn't play the game for more than 15 minutes or else I would get dizzy and start puking :laugh:. I dunno, something might be wrong with my eyes. I managed to finish the "short" single player mode in about 3 months :laugh:. I would play til I got dizzy then rest for a few hours then play again. I was gonna buy CoD MW2 but when I tried to play it on my friend's PC it had the same effect so I said f**k it. I never felt dizzy playing CoD: World at War though, and I enjoyed that game a lot. :)
  23. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    i would like to be put in for borderlands GOTY.

That being said the worst game i have ever purchased wasnt even bought. I signed up for WoW Annual Pass and got Diablo 3 as an incentive. Diablo 3 has to be one of the worst games i have ever played, it couldnt hold me for more than 3 months and even then i dint play it religiously. I would have bought it and regretted it if i didnt do annual pass, so i consider myself lucky that i WANTED to play WoW for 12 months straight :p
  24. patrico

patrico

Thanks Received:
    hi great giveaway im in for Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad please :)

worst game I ever bought was a game called SEGA GT, took it home opened the box and tried to install, it didnt work, after half an hour of trying lots of different things to get to work, I looked on the back of the box and it was for window 95/98/ME lol oops whata plonker and the box was open so couldnt take it back lol oh
    and btw once I deleted my bothers 101 hours final fantasy savegame and he gave me a beating so thats the worst game i ever bought haha

thank again :)
  25. Guitarrassdeamor

Guitarrassdeamor

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for another giveaway NHKS and manofthem! In for Condemned: Criminal Origins.

The worst game I ever bought...that's a tough one. Normally I don't buy games before I play them, or have done a lot of research (if it is something new/I'm unsure about), so I don't think there have been many. The best one I can think of was recently, and that is the pile of shit that is known as The War Z. For people that don't care about zombie games/haven't been following the news, basically it is a copy of DayZ that was released as a paid "alpha" as an excuse for the companies horrible coding/design/implementation. It is more or less a modification of the companies previous game The War Inc. In short, there is nothing redeeming about the game...the graphics are bad, the sound is bad, it is boring as shit, the combat system sucks, the zombies suck, the environments are lackluster, etc. etc. It literally has no redeeming qualities...except for the fact that when I first got into the game I killed two people instantly with flashlights to the head and laughed hard.