1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Giveaway: Goodies Galore

Discussion in 'Games' started by manofthem, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I did the same, cancelled my annual pass when MoP came out, and played D3 for 3 hours before getting bored to tears and never played a Blizzard game since, and i was a Religious D2 and WC3 fan back in the day.

AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  2. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    I am not in for this one. Another great giveaway by some truly awesome people :toast:

manofthem and NHKS say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. n3rdf1ght3r

n3rdf1ght3r

Thanks Received:
    So many giveaways O.O and once again its by Manofthem so Big thanks to him and NHKS for the games. I still dont understand how you guys get so many games to giveaway...

Anyways, i'm entering for Crysis 2.
    The worst game I ever ever bought would be...bad rats, the physics are terrible, considering its a physics game, its a little racist, the isometric view is terrible, the gore is pointless and ya... don't buy it. You should gift it to people you don't like =D

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. theubersmurf

theubersmurf

Thanks Received:
    subbed (just to remind me to come back, don't have time right now, hope you don't mind me doing this)

5. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    Would love to enter this competition, as i'm now running WCG ;)
    For Crysis 2 Please.
    I Loved Bad company 2, Crysis and CoD4, my brother and myself have played so much of it we hate it! Haven't bought him B3 yet ;) but it'll be killer when i do ;)
    Worst purchase was X2 I played the game for like 20mins and got bored of it immediately! The 'Fun Factor' was Non existent....

6. NHKS

NHKS New Member

Thanks Received:
    Glad to see lots of interest in the giveaway! :D

Many Thanks to manofthem:respect: for contributing to this joint giveaway & ofcourse creating the brilliant thoughtful OP (I am sure it took quite some time!)

Keep those entries coming! :toast:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
    adulaamin, Ahhzz and manofthem say thanks.
  7. manofthem

manofthem WCG-TPU Team All-Star!

Thanks Received:
    And the Master arrives to say hello :laugh:

Many thanks to NHKS for the awesome giveaway :respect:; it's a pleasure to be of service to you!

Seeing all the posts of GTA IV has made me want to finally install the game and see how it works on my system. I've had it for a while now on Steam but yet to install. I'll try it tonight :)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
    Ahhzz and NHKS say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  8. NHKS

NHKS New Member

Thanks Received:
    ^ yeah! fortunate that I did not to buy that game for this giveaway ;) :laugh: once considered it during sale just based on steam/meta score of 90! but I dropped the plan since I was not very sure about the game(never played it)

manofthem says thanks.
  9. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    I will enter for Spec ops the line>And my worst game I ever bought was TV SUperstars for PS3,
    Because I thought it will be fun to play with friends such a game,but in the end noone wanted to play it :D myself included.

10. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    I'd like to jump in here, and thanks tons Man and NHKS! Would like to try Spec Ops :)

Worst game... had a few. Would have to say, between Dungeon Siege 3 (what a crappy way to treat a wonderful crawler) or Deus Ex 3... I was SO hyped about that game... 1 was amazing, and 2 was so much fun... 3 was just... weak...

D3 gets a dishonorable mention, as does WoW in its current incarnation.... I has a sad about that game.... So many hours spent enjoying that only to have it just completely turn sour...I was in the beta back when Hunters were like "What's a talent tree?" and "Guns? No! Elves can't use guns, they're woodland creatures, they only get bows. Silly elf: guns are for dwarves." To go from the absolute amazement the first time a tree walked by (seriously, made my heart race), and the ground shook, to the disbelief of what it's become... It honestly hurts to think of it now. *sigh* the emotional investment we make in these games...

I guess DS3 or DEx3 for the worst games, but the most disappointment would be Blizzard, either with WoW or D3.

5 Million points folded for TPU
  11. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Another great giveaway! :toast: Good luck all! :toast:

manofthem says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  12. Iceni

Thanks Received:
    I'm in for any of the titles, Don't own any of them :D

Worst game i ever bought. Hmm that's tricky. There have been a few outright awful games. Wizardry 8 springs indelibly to mind. Was the game bad tho, I have no idea, I never got past the first area. The game was slow and clunky turn based fighting, and the graphics were outdated. So i attempted to play it twice, put it back in the case and forgot about it.

So i have to pick a game i have actually played. It's not fair otherwise. And that game has to have been something that has kept me going back even tho it has problems. With that in mind i would nominate TES4 Oblivion. It was such a let down from Morrowind. Oblivion was bloated, and hampered with a poor interface designed for a console. Also unlike morrowind the environment was far too human. Where were my giant fleas, Strange netches, and the mirriad of other cool enemies that morrowind had killed me with in the first 10 minutes of game play. There was the character creator that made all characters look like they had black eyes and sacks of potatoes for faces... And for some reason the damn game made me play and play and play regardless of all it's short comings.

13. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    I actually enjoy MoP way more than D3 and i've only resubbed since Dec.

Crunching for Team TPU
  14. NineNight New Member

Thanks Received:
    My worst game ever buy

I am a new member there so I do not meet the requirement to get the rewards. Still, I want to share my experience.

My worst game ever is Resident Evil 6. Actually, I am a big fan of this series. I have been playing it for more than 6 years since RE2 - RE5. It could be said that I completed RE 2-5 more than 20 times, and I was very looking forward to the release of RE6. Before the month of release date, I went to my local game store, and booked the game. When I got the game, I glady went straight to my home and played it. However, it was totally disappointed. It was not suppose to call Resident Evils. So, I sold it next day.

NHKS says thanks.
  15. mypg0306

Thanks Received:
    Another great giveaways from manofthem & NHKS, I would like to get Condemned: Criminal Origins.

The worst game I ever play is indie game Resonance. Just played it yesterday, it looks sucks as it is only pixelated 2D game with resolution of 640x480 maybe. It looks like I am going back to the old days with the Nintendo console in 90's.

16. patrico

patrico

Thanks Received:
    haha i nearly said that one myself,such a bad game lol and tried to get into it for weeks kept getting killed by big monsters, lool,

we should have a wizardy 8 giveaway haha we'd get people asking for a refund haha

17. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    Worst game ever... Hmmm lets think... MineCraft!! I don't care what any of you have to say this is one game I cannot like no matter how many of the buildings and such I've seen some users make, and in all honesty they are fantastic for what they are but why would you, this is just hours of pretty pointless bricklaying... The only fun I really got was destroying what others made...:pimp:

I'm joking I never did destroy anything other than what my brother made but hey-ho that's what families are for isn't it. :cool:

Game I'd like is Orcs Must Die 2.

18. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    In for alan wake.

WORST game I had ever purchased as a kid was Hoops for NES. This game I thought would be fun but the mechanics were mostly computer controlled so all you really done was press one button to shoot the basket ball. When you shot, it would go in almost everytime without the need to press any other buttons. I was first getting into basketball and seen this game at walmart. I saved my money for three weeks and I could have gotten any game but NO I chose this log of turd sandwich! I cried for two days and my mom still would not take it back to the store. I think I ended up burning it...

Here for your pleasure.

*EDIT*

Another thing is that I thought it has Wesley Snipes in it due to the cover :( BOY WAS I WRONG!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    AlienIsGOD says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  19. Iceni

Thanks Received:
    I'll donate my copy, It's like new! In fact no I'll keep it. It's got some nostalga as been probably the only game i have ever purchased that i haven't played! Even the worst Commodore Vic 20 games I owned got more playtime than that title!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  20. manofthem

Thanks Received:
    MightyMission has donated a Steam key for Metro 2033 :respect: so lets throw out now

First person who meets the OP's requirements and wants Metro 2033, post below and I'll get the game to you. I'll update once its been given out :)
    Code gone to ChaoticG8R :toast:

21. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    ChaoticG8R asked about this game last night, he is really interested

Crunching for Team TPU
  22. ChaoticG8R

Thanks Received:
    In4Metro2033 :) ....WAIT DONT DQ ME....I MEAN I WOULD LOVE TO BE ENTERED IN FOR METRO 2033!!!

Worst game I ever unfortunately associated myself with would be Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Some may like it, but after playing that game (SSBM) religiously throughout high school and college, I had extremely high hopes... How high? I actually bought the Nintendo Wii system (Yes, back when they were still super limited and you had to wait at the back of Wal-Mart for the possibility of getting one that evening) JUST for the one title....only to have it be the biggest flop I ever experienced. Oh well....sometimes you live and learn and sometimes you dump $300 into a terrible video game experience.

Crunching for Team TPU
  23. manofthem

Thanks Received:
    Code is yours and you can rest assured that Metro 2033 is going to be much more rewarding than your smash bros brawl :p
    I'll PM you shortly

Metro is gone folks, going to edit other post

24. NHKS

NHKS New Member

Thanks Received:
    here is one of the worst(gameplay + design) games that I tried using school days.. it was called M.U.S.C.L.E, a wrestling beat'em up game.. but the characters looked like badly-designed toys rather than wrestlers, and the graphics were inexcusable even that day(i feel stuttering in graphics cards is less annoying!).. wrestlers jumping/flying and landing on their bottoms.. and there were magic flying balls that gave the player more damage power & speed! and the crowd simulation was nothing worth mentioning too..

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

the above screens sum up the gameplay too!.. however if you want to see the video..
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xcHtI4U9iM

I dared to play this game for more than an hour which was quite an achievement! ;)

btw.. why am I posting abt worst games in this thread.. oh yeah! just wanted reason to bump! :D

---
    EDIT: and as for a PC game.. I agree with Norton, Black&White was one of the overrated games then and although I liked the game concept the gameplay,AI and controls were not enjoyable at all.. disappointment from a designer of Peter Molyneux's caliber!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
    manofthem says thanks.
  25. TheHunter

TheHunter

Thanks Received:
    My worst purchase would be NFS Carbon, lol i still havent finished it yet. I tried to play it 4-5 times and always quit somewhere in the middle..

That being said i would like to participate for Alan Wake, well if i may, i already won once :D