1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Giveaway: Goodies Galore

Discussion in 'Games' started by manofthem, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manofthem

manofthem WCG-TPU Team All-Star!

Thanks Received:
    Just a bump :). We are closing out Friday :toast:

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  2. xxdozer322

xxdozer322

Thanks Received:
    in for Batman

worse game i ever bought was COD black ops 2, HORRIBLE, to spend 50 bucks on a cracked out version of CSS just PISSED ME OFF. no real graphics, better game play on CSS...i was pissed, that game should be priced at a quarter of what CSS is worth.

3. SIGSEGV

SIGSEGV

Thanks Received:
    i'm in for red orchestra 2.
    worst game i ever bought is duke nukem. i got vertigo (motion sickness) in less than 5 minutes while playing that shitty game. :eek: I swear, i ain't going to play that game forever.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  4. irlandezul

irlandezul

Thanks Received:
    Worst game was Worms Crazy Golf . Every time I start playing is messing up my resolution , and the gameplay is very different from the original Worms that I played .
    In for Mirrors Edge , but I will be out of town in this weekend , only sunday night I will respond if I win (or right after the winner announcement) ...

5. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    In for red orc

As for the worst game I have ever purchased.... that would fall on the shoulds of need for speed Porsche unleashed for the ps1. I personally loved nfs on the pc played 3 and most wanted through and through got Porsche unleashed hoping for a similar experience on the bigger tv. Holy disappointment. Graphics looked like blocks moving on a cheesy track, tires were so poorly rendered they were almost square. All of that could have been forgiven had the game been good. It wasnt the campaign sucked, driving physics were terrible and it didnt have very many cars or the ability to modify them.

Angered me deeply against the entire franchise. Haven't owned a nfs game since. Bought gran tourismo 2 for the ps1 and never looked back.

6. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    WHAT!? Wow that is disappointing. I own NFS Porsche Unleashed on PC and it looks brilliant with really detailed damage especially for the time. Driving physics were great too. I used a racing wheel with it and it was utterly fantastic. One of my favourite games of all time and I still play it every now and again. Amazing how much of a difference there is compared to console and PC.

7. Iceni

Thanks Received:
    I also had it for the PC, was playing it on an athlon 700, with a voodoo 3. Smooth graphics, and i had a force feed back joystick. The game was in my most played list of that time period. The progression was good as well. You went from classic Porche, to 911's and GT1 cars.

8. manofthem

Thanks Received:
    Drawing is planned for tomorrow evening but its subject to change. NHKS will be doing the drawings and posting of the winners :). Because he is on the other side of the world, I don't think he will be able at 5pm EST, which was when I had planned. Thus, he will be doing so when he is able, though I'm not sure when that will be exactly.

Fear not, however, drawings and posting will be Friday night / Saturday morning, and then the games will be sent out. We won't keep you waiting too long
    :rockout: :rockout:

[Ion], Ahhzz, Techtu and 1 other person say thanks.
  9. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    Bump for the last day in the running!

NHKS says thanks.
  10. okidna

okidna

Thanks Received:
    Entering for Orc Must Die 2.

Worst game I ever bought was The Sims.
    A lot of people maybe enjoying this game but I found it to be extremely boring.
    Buying this, buying that, go here, go there, eat, sleep, go to work, over and over again, boring :D
    I never got past 1 game-time week, always ended up bored. One time I got bored, I built a swimming pool, put my sim in it and sold the ladder. And just wait until the energy/stamina bar depleted and he drowned :D

Norton and THE_EGG say thanks.
  11. patrico

patrico

Thanks Received:
    lol thats the best bit killing them, have to agree what a boring game :)

bump 4 last day, people give your stories in :)

okidna says thanks.
  12. manofthem

Thanks Received:
    I talked a little with NHKS and it looks like we can expect our winners announced tonight at around 9-10pm EST :D

I'm going to have the cut off for entries at say... 8pm EST tonight, and then NHKS will come back with the lucky winners shortly thereafter. So there are just a few couple more hours, and then we can look forward to a weekend of some exciting gaming goodness :)
    See you all soon :toast:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
    Bo$$ and Norton say thanks.
  13. theubersmurf

theubersmurf

Thanks Received:
    Worst PC game I’ve ever bought was Lost Planet. It was billed as an fps game, and when I got it, I was greeted by the cast of an anime television show, and evil plants to fight on a frozen world. If I were into anime I’d maybe be okay with that, but my sense of fiction is different, and its having been billed as an fps felt misleading. I think most/many fps have some consistent character, at least a kind of maturity behind them, carrying a gun is indeed a serious matter. But this was designed for kids. No less it was an fps only if you wanted to change it to that point of view, and was really designed to be played in the third person. So I felt deceived in that way.

But that wasn’t the worst part. The worst part was the weird, ultra-horrible science attached to it. You’re given, early in the game, a volatile heat capacitor you wear on your arm. What am I talking about? You have this device that can process the chemical energy of organs that heat these mobile plants and convert them into energy with which you shoot laser blasts at them. I’m not usually one to nitpick about sci-fi elements that are unrealistic, but this was bad. First of all, transforming chemical energy is something we all do, by eating. Which means this apparatus is, “digesting” these things on your arm, then storing the heat (and yes, that’s what these organs produce, heat) in a compact form for you to shoot back at them to gather more organs. Now the storage of organic is done via fat for us, and organic energy is going to remain organic, unless your laser blaster can extract inorganic material from it that stores energy and takes a shit every now and again to get rid of the organic matter.

The laser the organic material is turned into something that can be fired off your arm, which means it’s volatile. Something that can store energy, and then dispense it at high power means the storage method which means you’re carrying around something on your arm that’s more or less an explosive. So you’ve got an organic energy processor that isn’t storing the highly volatile energy in a tiny package on your arm.

The science of it is so dubious that it just makes me furious. I don’t mind bending or breaking the rules, even badly, but it needs a little tiny bit of grounding to make it palatable. That and the anime/cartoon style of it in confluence made it into one of the worst games I’d ever played. Also, the controls blew a mule.

also, in it for Alan Wake.

So I guess if I have to pick one and only one (based on the following post) it would be Alan Wake.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  14. manofthem

Thanks Received:
    Just an update for WCG/F@H since I received a question about it:

Crunchers and folders get their names entered twice. If you want to enter for 2 games, that's fine as they will receive a single entry for each. If they enter for one game only, they get 2 entries for that game.

Therefore, if you wish to edit your entry post, please do so accordingly :)

Sorry this is late but I honestly didn't think of it sooner :banghead:

Entries now closed! We should have our announcement soon! :toast:

15. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    Î like the idea of loading the draw for folders and crunchers. Good luck to all.

16. NHKS

NHKS New Member

Thanks Received:
    WINNER'S LIST!

Alan Wake - adulaamin :toast:
    Batman:AA- mauriek :toast:
    Borderlands - AlienIsGod :toast:
    Condemned - mediasorcerer :toast:
    Crysis 2 - n3rdf1ght3r :toast:
    Mirror's Edge - Norton :toast:
    Orcs Must die 2 - okidna :toast:
    Red Orchestra 2 - cdawall :toast:
    Spec Ops - ahhZz
    :toast:

CONGRATS winners!.. your 24 hour time limit to claim the prizes starts now!

THANK YOU all participants for entering the giveaway!.. You kept the spirit of participation high by sharing your game experiences too :respect:..
    I'm sorry if you did not make into the winner's list this time.. THERE WILL BE A NEXT TIME! :toast:

Again, a BIG THANK YOU to manofthem for helping me out throughout the Giveaway!.. he is a wonderful person and a great member/cruncher for TPU!.. In fact, he has been helping me out since my first Steam game purchase in Dec last year.. I appreciate his patience :D in answering all my queries .. THANK you my friend!

My thanks also to other TPU members who keep the spirit of giveaways running! You have all been an inspiration for me to start with my contributions..

cdawall, Techtu, mauriek and 10 others say thanks.
  17. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Hope I'm not too late, Borderlands GOTY submission.
    Worst game i ever bought was all my games for my old Sega GameGear. They were horrible games like NFL football and MLB basesball but every team was the same just with different colors. I did have a Sonic game but the stupid GameGear was so lame i couldnt bear to play it for longer than a few minutes.
    The NFL football game had to bethe worst, every team would beat me EVERY TIME!!!!! I dont think i ever won a single game.

Edit, looks like i took too long writing this post. Contest is over.

NHKS says thanks.
  18. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    Big thanks to Manofthem and NHKS!!

NHKS and manofthem say thanks.
    5 Million points folded for TPU
  19. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    cheers for the contest guys :toast: and yay to me for winning Borderlands :D

Crunching for Team TPU
  20. Guitarrassdeamor

Guitarrassdeamor

Thanks Received:
    Congrats to winners, and another big thanks to NHKS and manofthem!

21. n3rdf1ght3r

n3rdf1ght3r

Thanks Received:
    I seem to be winning alot of contests lately :p

congratulations too all the other winners and hope you guys enjoy the games, I know I will!

Also big thanks to manofthem and NHKS for the contest!:toast::respect::toast:

Crunching for Team TPU
  22. manofthem

Thanks Received:
    Congrats to all the winners! And a big thanks to NHKS for your hard work and strong contribution! Also, thanks for posting the winners :) :)

To the winners, as outlined in the OP, please be sure to PM the respective holder of the game. The sooner you PM us, the sooner you can start downloading and gaming :D

Alien is already taken care of ;) and I'm waiting for more!

I'm off to update the OP!!!
    :toast:

23. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    I think it was just out of us for borderlands GOTY.
    Congrats!

I have a feeling it would have not gone to much use if I won it. :D
    I just wanted to win a game for once.

24. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Congrats everyone! :toast:

Crunching for Team TPU
  25. manofthem

Thanks Received:
    You have a little treat in your PM box :)
    Enjoy the horse ride in Darksiders! :D :toast:

Widjaja and NHKS say thanks.