1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Giveaway: Max Payne 3 (Steam Code)

Discussion in 'Games' started by theonedub, Jul 1, 2012.

1. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    Random.ORG has selected rickss69 as the lucky winner.

[​IMG]

Runner Up Prize:

Those who entered previously, just post 'Redraw' if you are interested and I will select a winner this evening for-

Steam code for: LIMBO, Amnesia, Sword & Sworcery, and Psychonauts

Those who didn't win can check out Manofthem's giveaway, or try in my next giveaway on Friday.

3DMark11 Advanced: Bow

Alien Vs Predator: brandonwh64

Borderlands: hertz9753

Mass Effect 2: VulkanBros

Battlefield Bad Company 2: lilhasselhoffer

Fallout New Vegas: cheesy999

Bejeweled (Apple App Store): nick_1992, Easy Rhino, and enaher

Humble Bundle 4: AlienIsGOD

Dungeon Defenders: AlienIsGOD (by default)

Duke Nukem Forever: t_ski

RAGE: Mindweaver

Humble Bundle (Android 2): Kevinheraiz

Bulletstorm: jasper1605

Red Faction Armageddon: Volkszorn88

Metro 2033: FreedomEclipse

Trine 2: Kreij

Dead Island: Norton

Crysis 2: ThE_MaD_ShOt

Deus Ex Human Revolution: Completely Bonkers

Bastion: Bo$$

LA Noire: D007

Bastion: TheMailMan78

Max Payne 3: rickss69

Feel free to check out my FS thread in the B/S/T, a substantial part of the proceeds will go towards funding future giveaways.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. happy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, I'm kind of broke and my family seems to not wish burn money. So, we will just go dine at a nice restraunt and celebrate Fireworks Day :).

3. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    Pretty stringent requirments. 500 posts for a mostly lurker is hard. Guess I will celebrate the 4th with out hope I might win this

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    Happy 4th of July to all you Americans, to the country that gave us Max Payne. Well, the game was developed by some Finnish guys but who cares. NYC is in the US. Anyway, I loved the first two Paynes mostly because of the atmosphere, film noir kinda stuff unseen (by me at least) until this game. What I hated? Being shot at most of the time. But it was so long ago that all the wounds are healed and my Pentium 4 machine is still working on my old man's desk.

5. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    These are meant as a reward for those who keep the forum alive and thriving, not the lurkers :cool: Maybe this is motivation to become more active.

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    My birthday is the 4th of July, and I'm a US resident technically... So I'll be spending my 4th of July by visiting my girl in Windsor (near Detroit) :) imana be 20 years old!

I loved Max Payne, the storyline is nice and the slow mo shooting is superb :D I remember playing the first one when I was just a little kid.

Having Max Payne as a gift would be super awesome... Else I'll just grind away in Diablo 3 :( Btw, thanks for the awesome giveaways! idk if this is my 1st or 2nd time participating, but it's the first time I really care about the game, that's for sure :p

7. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    im in on this one as the games i have won are indie games :p and one was by default :rolleyes:

Well im in Canada, so we are celebrating Canada Day which is 3 days before ur fourth of july. That being said, took my kids to a Coalition agaisnt Poverty party in the park for a little bit and tonite we are going downtown for fireworks ( Cobain's 1st time seeing fireworks :D )

I wasn't a fan of bullet time when i first started playing. but it grew on me after awhile. not too much bad i can say about 1 or 2 as i enjoyed them immensely.

OneDub, maybe say for ppl in North America instead of USA as our holidays are soo very close together.

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    I will be Celebrating the 4 th of July with my oldest daughter and the rest of my family. This doesn't sound like such a big deal to everyone else more than likely. But My oldest daughter is 14 and while I have seen her on other holidays. This will be the first year she is here with me and my family to take her to the 4 th of July fireworks. This will also be her 1st year going as because her mother thinks fireworks are a stupid waist of time. So I am excited I get to show her otherwise :) Go DAD! We will be also kicking it off with the city parade and a BBQ.

The fact I get to brag about this on the internet.... is good enough for me!

9. Aleksander

Thanks Received:
    I like the slowdown timer max payne had (dont know if it has on the 3rd)
    I hate the blood and gore it has

10. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Count me in! :D

I'll be BBQ'ing with the family and watching the parade that goes through the small po-dunk town they live in. In the evening there will be beer and fireworks!

11. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    This is a pretty fantastic giveaway! Don't have it, but I'm not entering.

Thanks for your awesomeness!

theonedub says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  12. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    Yep, count me in on this one as well!!!!!!!!

Normally go camping during the holiday however due to the 4th falling on Wednesday we are going to get liquored, eat a ton of BBQ, and fire off some fireworks. Already have 3 sets of Black Cat Mortar rounds!!!! :)

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  13. frylynkz New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well it's not that much but my favorite time in max pane is using slow motion
    and i just hate the (gun's) effect sound from the previous version.

It would be nice to be playing this for the holidays.....it would be cool to win my first giveaway.

14. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    goin back home to have a big ass cookout with my mom dad bros cousins and aunts;)

last year my dad almost melted the grill somehow so its usually fun and the trunk full of fireworks im bringing from PA is gonna add to that fun:)

15. ShRoOmAlIsTiC

ShRoOmAlIsTiC

Thanks Received:
    I want in. Todays my birthday. (34 today feeling old)

Celebrating the holiday by hanging out at home with my 2 boys and eating a birthday pizza. I have to work the 4th but when I get off we are going to watch the fireworks. nothing too exciting. having 2 four year olds kinda leaves you broke.

stinger608 says thanks.
  16. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Going to go south of the border (south carolina) with my brother on Tuesday and pick up some nice mortars/firecrackers/everything then going to throw a pretty big party on the fourth once its dark and make sure our neighbors cant sleep for awhile or at least until they call the cops for the noise :rockout:

17. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    I liked Max Payne especially MP1 and 2 because of the Story and the way it narrates it to us, The gameplay is also awesome, and also the tons of cool mods on 1 and 2(Kung Fu and Matrix Mod!)

Most hated thing is the movie and the fact that MP will not have that kind of mods anymore with MP3 afaik judging from what ive seen from GTA IV mods and other RAGE games.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  18. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    Darnit, I'm off by 10 thanks :eek:

Anyway, I'm gonna go to the meadowlands state fair with a girl who is a friend of mine who i hope to....well, make moves on :D

Max Payne 1 & 2 were just fantastic. In the time frame they were released, no other game was really like it and that made it a very fresh and exhilirating experience for me. So, I don't think I have ANYTHING negative to say about the Max Payne series....so far :)

edit: dub, you are the MAN with these giveaways!!

manofthem and theonedub say thanks.
  19. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    I've changed the size of the word OR so people are not confused with the requirement- its either or, not both :laugh:

I always check eligibility off all posts as I get the drawing setup, so those who post and thought they didn't meet the reqs are always entered, and those who enter but dont meet the req are left out :cool:

ThE_MaD_ShOt and happita say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  20. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, I live about two blocks away from the beach and I love our 4th of July celebrations, this is what it is like: [​IMG]

and I usually go to a family BBQ that lives near by like this: .

Also, on the 3rd, I usually go to Red Bank and see the fireworks here: [​IMG]. But, the firework company sucks and cannot afford to secure 100,000 visitors. So, its cancelled this year.

I give thanks to our founding fathers, who sacrificed their lives for all of us to ensure we are not ruled by a king.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  21. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Thanks OneDub!

I'll be celebrating with my two boys. They are the perfect age for small fireworks and large displays. We enjoy our family time, fireworks, and learning about why we celebrate our independence day.

Happy Independence Day America!!!

22. frylynkz New Member

Thanks Received:
    Firstly thanks for the giveaway

Happy 4th of July to all you Americans...my best wishes goes out to you guy's
    well ill be spending my holiday at home might have a drink or two but just to kick it around my friends play some games ....because it nuh realli easy when them gone...

the part abot max spayne is the slow motion effect ..come who dont lov it
    but the part that didn't draw my attenion is just tha i was looking for more graphics...thank the builders of max payne 3.

It would be nice to win my first giveaway with a gift like that..
    ty!
    Happy Independence

23. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Thanks onedub. I'm celebrating by myself this year. It'll just be me and the pitbull kicking it at the house. I'm economically challenged for a bit, so no fireworks this year. I'll probably watch some kung fu movies to boot.

I'm a longtime fan of Max Payne. The first game is still by far the best, even though I haven't even tried 3 yet. My favorite thing about Max Payne was the bonus level after you beat the game on the hardest difficulty. That was too much fun to fight through.

And my least favorite parts were the drugged out nightmares where you had to run on the blood trail. It really slowed the game down.

24. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    My favourite thing about Max Payne is the slowmo! Its tons of fun to fly through the air shooting people in the face. I would have to say my least favourite thing how repeative it is at times. I would love to win this game, i loved one and two but i havent had enough money to get three. Thanks for the chance to win man!

I would like this entry to repersent 1kungan1.

25. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Best was the graphics engine itself, storytelling, environment destruction and ragdolls in slow motion and the snowy Noir York environment which is now almost iconic to the Max Payne series. I've also replayed it using first person mod and it gave another perspective to the game, too bad that they haven't added first person view as an official goodie after finishing the game in 3rd person mode. Still, it was a great experience.

Worst? I'd say the blood line levels where Max gets drugged with Valkyrie. Running around long labyrinth hallways, jumping over thin blood lines (and falling off constantly) and watching the whole thing in a skewed FOV was probably the least amusing part of the game, almost bordering to annoying. But this was really the only bad thing about it.