1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Giveaway: Sniper Elite Franchise Pack

Discussion in 'Games' started by manofthem, Aug 20, 2012.

?

Which game for Bonus?

1. Dear Esther

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. Payday The Heist

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  3. The Witcher

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    Fresh off the heels of several very cool giveaways of several of our members, we come back to you with this, Sniper Elite Franchise Pack. This giveaway includes: Sniper Elite, Sniper Elite v2, and Kill Hitler and 2 Rifle DLC. Personally, I really did enjoy Sniper Elite v2 (never played the first), and that adds to my excitement in giving this pack away.

Congrats to Crap Daddy and Stinger608!!!

[​IMG]

First: Considering a few comments I encountered recently, I'd like to make it clear that this giveaway is not hosted or sponsored by TPU; this is not a ploy to attract members or curry favor. It's a mere contribution to not only the efforts and energies of all the staff that continually work hard for our community, but also to the members of that community that make this a friendly and enjoyable place to be. If for some reason you don't agree, please do not post in this giveaway. If your intent is to criticize, please take that directly to the mod staff who will handle it judiciously! :nutkick:

To enter: For a chance to win, please tell us below why you would like this pack. There will be 2 winners!!! The winners is chosen randomly via TPU's very own FordGT90Concept's Random Line Pick utility! :toast:

Requirements: TPU join date of May 2012 or earlier, post count of 70, and must not own the game, which will be sent directly via Steam. Past winners (of my giveaways) will not be entered, sorry. See list below in case you forget.... :cry:

Closing Time: Last chance to enter will be Tuesday night @11:59PM EST, with the winner announced shortly thereafter.

Important: After the winner is announced and PM'd, they have a firm 48hrs to get in contact with me. If I do not receive a PM in return or contact of any kind within the 48hrs, I will do a redrawing and a new winner will be selected. :slap:

Bonus: There will be a bonus game to win at the end, which game I haven't really decided on yet lol. But it'll be there...

And last but not least: A big thank you to all that have continued to happily support the giveaways that go on here, both to those host them and to those that enter. :respect:

Darkleoco: Amnesia The Dark Descent
    Sasqui: Deus Ex Human Revolution
    Bow: Left 4 Dead 2
    Easo: Portal 2
    VulkanBros: Nuclear Dawn
    AlienIsGod: Bioshock pack
    JrRacingFan: Metro 2033
    Norton: Metro 2033
    crazyeyesreaper: Assassin's Creed 2
    Okidna: Fallout 3 GOTY
    Bo$$: Orcs Must Die! 2
    Lyndonguitar: Orcs Must Die!
    Fullinfusion: Alan Wake
    Phusius: ARMA II Operation Arrowhead
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    mypg0306, NC37, polosistealth and 14 others say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU 5 Million points folded for TPU
  2. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I took the mcmillan sniper course in the army and would love to try sniping in this game!
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I saw a couple videos of this game and it looks like a blast! I'd love to win this. :toast:
  4. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    Wow, that's intense! I'm sure this game isn't as hardcore as the real deal lol, but it's fun nonetheless.
  5. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Nice to see the firm 48 hours rule there :toast:
    Sir B. Fannybottom says thanks.
  6. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    Not entering because I own Sniper Elite V2 and the Kill Hitler w/ 2 rifle Dlc pack. I just want to say this is a very good game. I have lost countless hours playing it. I actually killed about 3 hrs today playing. Good luck guys.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. Huddo93

Huddo93 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I remember playing the first Sniper Elite when I used to go to LAN cafe's. Would love to get a chance to play V2, would have some great nostalgia for me.

Awesome giveaway!
  8. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    Not an entry just a bit of an enthusiast, this looks like a really fun title! :eek:

My smith should have my new rig to me in a couple weeks; Rem 700 r5 in .308 with an HS Precision stock and Bushnell 6500 2.5 - 16 scope. Has PTG fluted bolt/pin, and the receiver/action/trigger has been completely gone through and of course it's steel epoxy bedded ;) Should be sub MOA good to 500/600yds, prolly even better with handloads and practice :cool:

I just need to pick up a sling, bipod and some paint or wrap, depends how lazy i'm feeling lol I think i see a ghilie suit in my future :roll:
  9. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    As an FYI, this game does have some gruesome kill shots, not just headshots. Pretty insane with the bullet penetration and subsequent damage. A couple below...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i'd like it cause i've never played either sniper elite game.
  11. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    Because Tim Tebow said so
  12. ZakkWylde

ZakkWylde

Thanks Received:
    I own the old one hope I can still enter to win the new one. The kill-shots look sick, the fact that you can nutshot people is retardedly entertaining.
  13. 1nf3rn0x

1nf3rn0x

Thanks Received:
    I'd love to play! Looks pretty awesome :)
  14. Completely Bonkers New Member

Thanks Received:
    I played Sniper Elite (v1) on the PC. It was somehow a compelling game despite it being a horrible console port. So I was really excited about v2. Definitely on my buy (or win) list. I hope the controls and feel of v2 is better that v1 on PC. Are console ports getting better?

So, I was about to enter the competition, but, after seeing those screenshots, TBH, I don't think I want to watch tens after tens after tens of animated bullet penetrations. I like the stealth, seek, hunt to kill gameplay, but the gory stuff isnt my cup of tea.
  15. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    Well, the controls are very solid IMO. I never played the first one, but I can imagine.... Again IMO it's a nice port.

Also, you can control the frequency of the killcam/killshot in the options. I don't remember if it goes to never, but it may go somewhere around there lol. Anyway just letting you know, and I respect what you say regardless. :respect:

On another note, I did edit the op for this contest to end on Tuesday night @11:59pm est. I think that'll serve us better; get in while you can, right!?
  16. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Add me to the mix, I always loved playing the newer Blitz games that zoomed in and showed almost xray shots of the damaging happening. Finally another game with something like that, and with bullets, can't go wrong there.
  17. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:
    ooh, i've heard good things about this game. I would have bought it on steam but i have no more money to spend on games :9
  18. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    I'm getting the hang of participating in these wonderful giveaways. Never won any and to be honest I'm not a lucky guy.

But anyway, count me in, tested the demo for Sniper Elite V2 and was pretty impressed by the visuals. I played the original Sniper Elite back in the old days, in fact I think I've done the single-player at least 2 times. It was fun and this seems to be the same plus the multiplayer part. I'm not a fan of gore in games but what can you do nowadays?
  19. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    I sure would like to win this as Sniping is my favorite and use to love doing it in the original FarCry!

No worries about the folks who think your up to some thing with the giveaways, I think it is very kind of you and brings a nice quality to the TPU site! Your contribution to this site is above and beyond which is the kind of stuff that keeps me loving TPU!

TPU FOREVER!:toast:
    manofthem says thanks.
  20. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    I would love to give this game a try. I think all the shooter games should have "kill shots" and target shots. More and more are trying to go to this, but many just have a body shot or head shot.
    Sniper V2 looks like you can actually aim for specific parts of the body! Would be awesome.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  21. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Wow, this game is amazing!!! I love playing sniping sections of action games. My favorite section from all the COD, Bond, and countless others.

I would love to own this game and all the DLC!!! I would spend hours sniping Nazis, Hitler, and whoever else gets in the way of my bullets.

FYI, my favorite sniping movie is from Saving Private Ryan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOpNFK14490

Thanks for the awesome contest!!!
  22. Bow

Bow

Thanks Received:
    Lol wish I could get into this one
    GLA
    Crunching for Team TPU
  23. mcloughj

Thanks Received:
    I'm an absolute coward who would rather take a shot at someone from a mile away than risk getting into a real fight. this game, therefore, is perfect for me!
  24. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    Thats right! Because ONLY cowards go behind enemy lines without support and hide for days to execute (pun intended) their mission/s.

Thankfully drones are becoming more commonplace.
    DRDNA and mcloughj say thanks.
  25. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    nice game, and u can even kill Adolf :D