1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Giving away my $3000 Steam account

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by Phusius, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    Man, don't do the army thing, it will topple over (is that well said, actually?) your mind if you feel as you feel now. It would not be a way out but a kind of pit, unless it somehow strengthens you but that is a bit of a gamble (it could also completely cripple you, if you are sent to war, so then you are unable to repay the loans).

Maybe something related to that politics stuff TV channels do? You know, explaining backgrounds of that stuff to viewers (if that is what your major covers).

BTW, this could better be discussed at generalnonsense.net, TPU's daughter.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. OnePostWonder

Thanks Received:
    You're not skirting forum guidelines now. Sneekypeet threw me a warning for "insulting members" because I told a guy, and somewhat subliminally, to go fuck himself. Who knows, maybe you'll set a precedent.

Why don't you go ahead and explain to me in a logical, concise manner how I am doing the same thing as you. Everything that I addressed in your post was quite explicit so I didn't need to infer anything. I am calling the kettle black, but I'm not the pot.

I'm also not sure how you switched over to "difference is, I have an open door willing to have anyone come in and take a look". It's a kind of quick way to not address the matter at hand, and deflect to something else, isn't? Like a straw man? To conclude by asking if I'm open to scrutiny would have a less prudent reader believing that you actually addressed the original topic.

Unfortunately writing reviews doesn't give one much exercise in argumentation.

I'm happy to have the rest of this discussion in PM because we're moving further from Phusius original topic and cluttering up the thread.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  3. Phusius

Phusius New Member

Thanks Received:
    No more posts are necessary on this topic guys, I know what I have to do now. I am going to make a Plan A, B, and C. And list the pros and cons of each one. I'll figure it out eventually, thank you for your support to those of that posted sincere comments. It did help.
    revin, Chevalr1c, Techtu and 2 others say thanks.
  4. syeef

Thanks Received:
    All the Best! Just remember, no quitting...
  5. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    You are right. On each and every part if this and your past post.

Where you are wrong, is in thinking I was doing this purely for selfish reasons. Phusius asked for opinions, and I gave him my honest opinion. You don't have to agree with my opinion, it just is, and, it's brutal... because each and every word I posted about myself is true. And with that said, I stand by my opinion. You are more than welcome to judge me and my posts. You are also welcome to come into my home and see the truth about what I said. Any time.

Phusius can change my opinion...already did actually, with the post above. Sometimes it takes cruel words, sometimes gentle ones, and I offered the cruel. And yes, I could be infracted for it. I simply didn't care about getting an infraction...seemed to me stating my case was more important. it wasn't about arguing..it was simply me stating my opinion. You're the one that decided what I said was wrong.

I like to fight for what I think is right, and I don't back down. Kinda like Gandhi...but not really. :p
    Aquinus and MxPhenom 216 say thanks.
  6. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    We only grow stronger through tough times:)
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    So in plan A,B or C did I win your Steam account? :roll:

Joking aside! Glad it's only taken less than 3 pages of friendly words from everyone here, despite each having our own views it's probably made you look at things in a bigger light. Just remember when your at rock bottom it can only get better from thereon in.

:rockout:
  8. OnePostWonder

Thanks Received:
    I'm glad we could reach an agreement.

I want you to know I never took issue with your opinion, only the way you conveyed it. You can give someone a no-punches-pulled opinion without insulting them along the way. I'm always happy to hear about someone who faced a large degree of adversity and overcame it, but I'll immediately stop listening if they, having come from a rough spot, feel the need to insult someone who is in their own rough spot...because I know they know better.

P.S. I don't know enough about motherboards or RAM to really scrutinize your reviews. :)
  9. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Really, my issue is this: I never had family growing up. I didn't really know what that was, even, until I had made my own with my wife. The relationship I have with my kids...is not something I've ever shared with my own parents. Phusius has exactly the one thing I never did, the one thing I envy most people of, the most basic thing that few go without. I just happen to be one of those few.

That said, you want to talk to me about behavior, or anything else...I'm sorry ,but I never had a father or mother to tell me how to behave, to teach me the basics in life, etc, etc, etc ad naseum. Such complaints fall on deaf ears. You can expect me to behave like everyone else.. but I am not everyone else.

Like really..how am I supposed to know how to behave, when no one has shown me?

Really, the fact Im' even alive at this point is pretty amazing. My parents literally left me for dead, and didn't care. Anyone that ignores what they have in family, I'm going to come down on, and hard.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  10. revin

revin

Thanks Received:
    :toast::toast:
    Bro, Dont stop there either, there's an infinante amount of "plans" to make.
    Every day you need a plan that fit's the moment your at ;)
  11. OnePostWonder

Thanks Received:
    What you wrote here is exactly the reason I didn't come down on this specific aspect of you too hard, and as we both saw, had to do a bit of give and take.

I was going to go into the specifics of the psychology behind all of that, but it's too long a write-up. The short version is that you are correct. By not having the parents present at a critical developmental period, you will not have those components. The best you can do is probably what you're doing now; be observant and open, discard what your cognitions deem to be incorrect, keep what is correct (to be honest, that wasn't the best way of wording that, but I'm sure you get the idea).
  12. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    I know all this, really. I am me, after all. :roll: At the same time, what would I need to hear, to get me motivated? Pretty much similar stuff to what I posted. I stopped feeling sorry for myself and said screw everyone else long ago, found and made some friends, found a girl from my life long ago, married her, and have been happy since.

But it doesn't take much for me to be happy.

And this is the stuff I can talk about easily. I haven't even told 1/10th of the story.

Really, it's funny though, because for some people, rules and such matter. You mentioned I was skirting the rules...not by intent, really. I just don't care. W1zz could fire me, and it wouldn't matter. I don't make any money doing reviews, all I get is a bunch of stuff that I really don't need. It's fun to play with, and keeps me entertained, but it's not important. What's important to me, still to this day, are all those things I was missing as a kid...having warm home, some food, and someone to share my time with. The rest...just doesn't matter.

You made an assumption that what is acceptable for most is also the same for me, but that's not true. Likewise, different cultures are going to have different levels of what's respectable, and when you are left begging on the street for food as a teenager, you learn pretty quickly that you gotta hustle a bit to get what you need, or plain and simple, you'll freeze and die, especially here in Canada.

In the end, I'm not anything special, not particularly smart, I don't have any special skills, no money or anything of that nature, but I get by. If I can do it, I think most anyone can.