1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Global Tax Rules!

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by TheMailMan78, Dec 20, 2008.

1. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Banstick Dummy

Thanks Received:
    I am sure glad we in the United States now have a platform for change. Take for instance our newest contribution to the world the Global Poverty Act. Here is a better description for the bill.

Basically Senator Joe Biden, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, was trying to rush Obama’s “Global Poverty Act” (S. 2433) through his committee without hearings. The legislation would commit the U.S. to spending 0.7 percent of gross national product on foreign aid, which amounts to a phenomenal 13-year total of $845 billion over and above what the U.S. already spends. It was scheduled for a Thursday vote but was moved up a day, to Wednesday, and rushed through by voice vote.

If this holds true and passes I can't wait to pay out to the "world welfare fund" :laugh: I wonder what else this wonderful bill will hold. :laugh::roll:
  2. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    WTF, this cant be true. And WTH will it be spent on? Yet another tunnel for money to vested interested parties.
  3. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Lame. *stomps on Biden's foot*
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    Good thread but watch out, the anti political thread fairy will come out of nowhere to scold you and/or insult what he thinks are your political beliefs:laugh:

This looks like an attempt to stop terrorism by helping rid the world of poverty.
  5. Gilletter

Gilletter

Thanks Received:
    shhhhh you don't want to upset them... :roll:
    KieranD says thanks.
  6. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    i dont get it, people can choose what charity they want to give too if they dont trust a certain one but with this act you give to the US gov who choose where it goes and then it could go anywhere and end up in some criminal place

hopefully they spend some of it in the US

im from the UK BTW but i dont get this at all
  7. Gilletter

Gilletter

Thanks Received:
    it's WORLD WELFARE! We work hard, so you don't have to! :shadedshu
    SK-1 says thanks.
  8. BrooksyX

BrooksyX

Thanks Received:
    I think that helping out the world is great and all but I think at least for a little while we should concentrate on fixing some of the poverty issues in the US before we send more of our nations money overseas. They say they want to reduce the US national debt but then the government brings up bills like this? It doesn't make any since. Charity is really good but I don't think it should be government mandated in a time like this.
  9. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Conservatives want the national debt lowered; liberals tend not to care about it. Biden is a liberal. He's the in the top five most liberal Senators in the 110th Congress, in fact. Does this surprise me, no. I just hope he never succeeds. It is not government's job to play Santa Claus.

And that explains why there's so many politicians that have been around forever (e.g. Daschle, Clinton) on Obama's cabinet. The tiny sliver that would have allowed me to vote for Biden is now completely gone.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    Whilst i think it is good that the US is giving billions to the poorer countries and kick starting their economies (another economic partner is a valuable thing) i can't help feel that charity should be voluntary.
  11. TheMailMan78

Thanks Received:
    Yeah well the U.S. is one of the more charitable countries in the world as it is. This is taking "share the wealth" a little to far. What bothers me the most is it ties the U.S. to the United Nations Millennium Declaration While some of it is has great ideas other parts of the declaration would sacrifice our sovereignty.
  12. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:

A similar thing is happening here in the Eurozone.

The idea is that European Union will be one force, governed by the Euro president, and each country a state of the larger. We are meant to have a European language and European military, law etc. Although this is being done now, i doubt i will truly see it coming into full effect in my lifetime.

After European Union, the next step is a union between the Asian powers and the USA, after that we can have on governing body for the entire world. Such a thing is possible and would takes centuries of hard work but imagine the possibilities if it were to happen.
  13. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    It is not possible. Global cultures vary too much and varying cultures means no consensus. Simply put, I would not want the world to come to that. It sounds good in theory but think of all the sacrifices.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  14. Morgoth

Morgoth

Thanks Received:
    the sould send 1% of all tax from the world to nasa for space research
  15. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:
    Better make it 5% so we can get off this rock before either we blow it up or the next big meteor hits.
    SK-1 says thanks.
  16. Morgoth

Morgoth

Thanks Received:
    yea knocking the earth out of its orbit is somthing that can realy happen then blowing it up
  17. TheMailMan78

Thanks Received:
    Man will survive the next big "hit" I think. If we are prepared mind you. However you personally will not :laugh:. Anyway Ill be dead also so I guess I ain't to worried ether.

Only cockroaches, Dan and Microsoft will survive the impact if no one is prepared for armageddon.
  18. HolyCow02

HolyCow02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm sure there will be something crazy like that, with the Super Volcano under Yellow Stone or the possibility of a Mega Tsunami hitting the east coast ( I like the history channel :D), but none of them will happen in my time. Worst thing that will happen to me is my head stone get wrecked, and hopefully my kids will be smart enough to GTFO of here (this planet) when they can
  19. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    lol omg isnt that the truth...i almost made a grand last paycheck but $500 got cut out and what for? i dont have heath insurance i dont have any loans or outstanding crap my taxes was only like $60 which means that a little over $400 went to a bunch of random stuff i dont want it to go to and that means jo crack dealer down the street.
  20. TheMailMan78

Thanks Received:
    Now now our new President elect said we had to share the wealth. Hes just making good on his word. :laugh:
  21. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    hey... I didn't vote for him.