1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Global Warming going to get us?

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by SK-1, May 7, 2008.

1. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
  2. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    well not all of the global warming is from us, the sun is actually expanding and getting slightly closer to our planet, which is normal, as the sun will expand overtime till it swallows most if not all of our planets, and then boom with a super nova blow up and then possibly give birth to the solar system

but yeah, many scientists attribute global warming to the sun quite a bit too, though we have helped speed it up a bit.
  3. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    We aren't causing global warming. Earth used to be a huge ass ice ball at one point. And it went through phases where it was pretty much desert all around.

GL saving the pandas, you won't beat nature.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    Disagree, we aren't exactly prolonging the earth for as long as possible as we? We are pretty much raping it for all its worth

That i do agree with - even without our help the earth would warm up anyway and we are overdue an ice age anyway.
    AsRock says thanks.
  5. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Why try to stop the inevitable? It's like trying to find a way to escape death. No matter what you do your body will die someday, and everyone agrees. The Earth will heat up like a mofo, then cool down to a point where you would be reaching 10GHz overclocks on stock air cooling... at the equator. If you can survive the horrible temps that is. That, and our sun will die. Wether a new one will be made for us is very debatable.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom.{East Anglian Coast
    We have never done the earth any good all we do is take away the good and feed it the bad from what i can see.
  7. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    It's gonna kill us anyway. Even if we all went back to the days before the industrial era we as humans are going to get pr0ned by mother nature.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    We are set for destruction this is true our ways and technology and money our comforts theres no going back really all this bs about cutting down green house gases well thats still not going to stop it just slow it down by a very small amount.

Its like saying i am not a smoker if i only have 2 a day instead of 10 fact is i still smoke.

To stop what we are doing to the world the planet needs to come first before money and that will never ever happen money is a powerfull addiction the leaders of the world knows what is needed to stop global warming but life as we know it willl never be the same it would mean giving up our technology like cars planes power sations industry even money that fuels it all the world will slow to a stand still.
  9. Error 404

Error 404

Thanks Received:
    Cure for global warming:

Step 1) Keep doing what we've been doing, and use up as much oil as possible, so that later on we can't go back to our nasty ways...

Step 2) Let the antarctic ice melt into the Gulf Stream.

Step 3) Wait for the Gulf Stream to shut down.

Step 4) Enjoy an Ice-age for the next few hundred/thousand years.

Step 5) Begin anew, and since we don't have any oil we have to use sustainable energy!

See? We're not completely screwed.
  10. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    Nice republican propaganda. Before long you will believe the Iraq war was about "weapons of mass destruction".

I use seatbelts, and I am careful when cleaning my gun, and so on. Being safe is important. Reducing emissions makes a huge difference locally and that has little to do with global warming, but its still connected. Your apathy isn't productive.;)

You have to trust the scientists that they are right because they are smarter than you. Over 96% of the scientific community believes in global warming.:)
    Last edited: May 8, 2008
  11. Seany1212

Seany1212

Thanks Received:
    I laughed :laugh:
  12. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    There will always be lots of talk and little action till its too late.
    As i said the smart people and world leaders know what needs to be done but its just way too much to comprehend if you think about the middle ages thats more or less how we need to live again and only proceed with clean safe technologies like wind farms and the power of the sea to power homes etc cleaner cars alternative green friendly fuels.
    Last edited: May 8, 2008
  13. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    I watched a thing on tv about polution they said a single avarage car would have to travel around the world about 640 times to reach the level of polution a plane would cause flying from paris to new york. An aeroplane uses thousands of litres of fuel just navigating getting to the run way richard branson and easy jet uses veichles to tug them to the runway to save money and cut polution.
  14. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    #1. Save time, and money, and earths resources... dig a 6 foot hole now and jump in! :roll:

(joking... :) )
  15. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    well i absolutly call global warming a farce made to scare people. As for enviromentalism, god gave the earth to man do with it as they will, along with the Animals. We are getting from it what the human race needs to continue to progress and tree huggers be damed.
  16. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    So why have we seen mass flooding and freak weather conditions in the last 10 years last year britain had a really wet summer due to a freak weather pattern.we also had a tornado in birmingham somthing we dont see in these parts.
  17. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    The Earth is a living thing. There has ALWAYS been extreme weather. I know the LIBERAL media would love for us to believe that there has only been bad weather for the last 10 years to help out there alarmist cause, but when you figure the real temperature increase in the LAST 10 YEARS has been less than 1 tenth of a degree, and now the experts are saying that global warming is going to "take a break" for another 5-10 years, then SCAM really comes to mind.
  18. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    viczulis says thanks.
  19. Deusxmachina

Deusxmachina New Member

Thanks Received:
    Indeed. If people check their history books, there's a heck of a lot of natural disasters from past centuries, and there was no Industrial Age back then to blame them on.

Someone compared car pollution to an airplane. Yep. They keep wanting to make cars more and more enviro-friendly, but they're already very clean. Last I read, it's basically impossible to die in an enclosed area like a garage with a car running anymore. I always wonder if Al Gore keeps the air-conditioning turned off to protect the environment when riding around in his limo.

How come many scientists say global warming is a myth and how come many scientists say we're headed for an ice age? If nothing else, people should at least be able to agree that there isn't much of an agreement one way or the other on the issue of global warming.

Re: Iraq. Saddam disregarded I think 17 UN resolutions. Remember that part in "Team America" where the guy says, "If you don't do what we say, we will get very, very mad at you and write you another letter!"? Kind of the same thing. Since the resolutions weren't abided by, the original Iraq war never actually ended. The UN is a worthless waste of space anyway, though.

I think Bush2 was pretty much damned if he did and damned if he didn't. He's not my favorite guy, but he certainly had a lot of crap dumped into his lap.
  20. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    i think global warming is just an excuse for hurricane katrina
  21. Morgoth

Morgoth

Thanks Received:
    why dont we just leave the earth and live in huge spacy colonie's :)
  22. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    We are changing the face of the earth, however not to the extent we think. The Sahara used to be a torpical paradise, but due to changes beyond human control, it changed, and now serves as a global fertilizer facility. Without it, the rain forests of South America would not exist as they do now, they would be much more barren. Wihtout the flooding of most rivers and streams the banks loose their fertility.

However no one wants flooding, so dykes, and dams go up, and when they fail they blame the weather, not the idiots building them of those who live next to them. New Orleans is below sea level, and a swamp, but through the use of pumps, dykes, and dams they were able to stay dry for a long time. But when that failed they blamed global warming, not themselves and poor management.

What about the dust bowl era here in the US? Was that caused by global warming?

Unfortunately this is all a excersize in mass media control of the population. Get us all wrapped up in things so we don't watch the real issues.
    10 Million points folded for TPU
  23. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    Ever heard of the American Petroleum Institute. Read into where they put their money to misinform the gullable people that don't believe something unless it hits them in the face.

Why are gas prices so high and Exxon is on top of the fortune 500?? Exxon has the highest growth, and growth percentage wise of any fortune 500 company. Why is that? The oil connections of the president and that enables price fixing when you have somebody that powerful backing you up.

Cheney was on the board at Halliburton until becoming Vice President ,and passed "no bid" contracts to them and KBR and many other companies, so they could charge the government a "cost plus arrangement". If you don't know about this I am not surprised.

By the way, the guy that coined the term liberal news media was originally joking and then places like Fox/Newscorp ran with the idea. They are run by Rupert Murdoch which is a republican extremist from Australia(and a first class asshole).

Global warming is happening. You are obviously not very well educated on the matter. But don't worry, tons of other people share your same beliefs when it comes to this thanks to Fox News and the propaganda machine. You can't argue against scientists that are vastly more educated on the matter unless you are that self righteous. I guess somebody else is going to come out and insist that "New Earth Creationism" is correct.:rolleyes:
  24. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree Daedalus, its science. There's no point arguing whether global warming exists or not because its a scientific fact. Now, you can debate the extent to which humans are causing the climate shift (to an degree), and you can debate the extent to which humans are able to control it (to some degree). Global climate shifts can vastly affect our way of life, and if we want to enjoy our stay on this planet, it would behoove us to do everything possible to be prepared and councientious about what we are doing.
  25. flashstar New Member

Thanks Received:
    "And remember the Arctic Sea ice? The ice we were told so hysterically last fall had melted to its "lowest levels on record? Never mind that those records only date back as far as 1972 and that there is anthropological and geological evidence of much greater melts in the past.

The ice is back.

Gilles Langis, a senior forecaster with the Canadian Ice Service in Ottawa, says the Arctic winter has been so severe the ice has not only recovered, it is actually 10 to 20 cm thicker in many places than at this time last year."

"The last time the sun was this inactive, Earth suffered the Little Ice Age that lasted about five centuries and ended in 1850. Crops failed through killer frosts and drought. Famine, plague and war were widespread. Harbours froze, so did rivers, and trade ceased."

http://www.nationalpost.com/opinion/columnists/story.html?id=332289

Clearly man is not causing "global warming". In fact, cows produce much more green house gas than man ever did through combustion.

If we go back to a medieval world, the world's top economies will be severally damaged. When this happens, we will be less able to protect ourselves from possible ice ages and warmings in the future. In addition, China and other developing nations will likely not agree to go back to a Medieval life style and will continue dumping smog into the atmosphere....

Edit: We should be focusing less on combatting "global warming" and more on developing the world economy!