1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Global Warming going to get us?

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by SK-1, May 7, 2008.

1. russianboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

2. flashstar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Point out one thing that Fox News did not have proof of when they reported/discussed it.

3. fairytale00 New Member

Thanks Received:
    :roll:
    Fox News Busted

4. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    You are joking right? I can't really tell, but I don't know how anyone could say that w/ seriousness, so I'm just gonna assume your joking and laugh along. :laugh:

5. flashstar New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm actually very rarely a funny guy. Fox News has never fabricated anything and I've been watching them for about 4 years now. Their intel might be off once in a while like any news channel, but they never consciously lie about anything. I'm assuming that you don't watch Fox News. Otherwise you would quickly change your mind.

6. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I didn't say it was funny. Call it an awkward laugh. I'm not going to waste my time, I'll just hope you can in time see things your parents say are true aren't always so, and no one side is ever right if it can't see and acknowledge the other. And tv and the media, well, let's just hope you learn none of that is purely in the pursuit of truth. Good luck. :shadedshu

7. flashstar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Farlex, I agree that the media is purely in pursuit of profit. That is however what made Fox News so popular. Fox knew that more people would watch a more balanced and factual network so that is precisely what Murdoch created.

I haven't had to listen to my parents on the topic of politics and news because I am perfectly capable of assimilating that information from the internet, talk radio, and yes Fox News. ;)

I'm not saying that one side is right and that the other isn't. There is however one truth. Furthermore, for you to say that the republican party has to agree at least somewhat with the democratic party for it to be right is pure lunacy.

Throughout all of these debates about global warming, the war, the economy, etc. one thing remains constant. That is the requirement that our government stays out of the lives of Americans. Most of the problems that we are facing today (decreased national oil production, etc.) stem from the government. For example, if we had been able to drill for oil on our own soil 10 years ago, we wouldn't be in this predicament with oil prices.

That is precisely why the government needs to fix the problems that it created and then let the private American decide our energy future.

8. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    A more well crafted argument, thank you. When I said one side can't be right w/o acknowledging the other I didn't mean anything about parties, I find them to be fabricated and largely irrelevant, although an unfortunate forced choice. Anyway, good to see you at least formulated those opinions on your own, which in that case I don't have a rebuttal. :toast:

9. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Minus the little personal quip about smileys, that is a very good explanation of the way I fell on these topics.

yogurt_21 says thanks.
  10. russianboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Eh, all politicians are the same. None of them are bad or good.

Some of them are better than others, but since they are in small parties (or independent) they never get into the spotlight. Which is pretty darn sad. It's not about who's a better leader, it's about who is seen more.

Doesn't matter which tyrant we vote for, it all ends up the same.

yogurt_21 says thanks.
  11. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    I don't dislike the French people. I find there culture and view of the world to be unique and I don't hate them for it.

But I must say that your way of looking at things on the matter of politicians is actually very French. I am not saying that its bad but its a bit unexpected that people wouldn't notice it.

The French don't trust politicians and figure that its going to be pretty much the same no matter who gets elected except for a few differences. That makes people not vote much at all, when they feel that way. Then even the people that didn't vote go out and voice their opinions in protest or "very mild" rioting when their favorite candidate isn't chosen. Your same mindset is why they have trouble justifying voting on a personal level.

That explains why you distrust liberals and use it as a dirty word. Fox News tries to demonize liberal views like satan gives liberals their talking points. It couldn't be any further from the truth.:shadedshu

The fact is that neither side is evil. But there is always bad or "out-of-touch" policy enacted by both parties(I have many examples if you want them). Also alot of Bills have too much pork riding on them(if you don't know what these expressions are, I can always explain the political slang).

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  12. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    first off I agree with flashstar i get all my news from fox, be it the 5 o'clock news or listening to the O'riley factor, Fox tends to be dead on, and doesn't focus that much time on stupid stuff. I don't watch, NBC, CBS, or ABC because they tend to be biased towards the left so much so they have been known to fabracate information, or to intentionally draw focous away from issues making the left look bad. In 2004 Fox is the one who reported on alot of Kerry's past, having interviews with his old combat buddies in Nam ect, the other networks avoided the issue because it made him look bad. Thats why i don't trust the other networks, when you can be so biased as to concentate more time on a movie star getting arrested than the presidental canidates there is a problem.

As for Liberals being wrong, I fully agree there, they are demoralizing this nation. What i was taught in school about morales is totally diffrent than today. I was told abstain kids now are told where to get condoms for cheap. We where taught respect, kids today don't seem to even know the word respect is in the dictionary. Generally speaking a Republican tends to be nicer, and a hell of a lot more morale than a Demoncrat. We republicans don't go for all this do what you want, or its all societies fault. We take pity on no one and and we expect a level of deceny from people. Lets take gay rights, fine be gay, your going to hell, but that doesn't mean i want to watch the sick perverts making out while im tring to enjoy a nice time with my family. Gay wasn't always allowed in America, while Straight was, and I see no need to change so a few confused people feel better, when for 1 its not normal, and 2 its utterly disgusting. Why should children be exposed to this. Simple fact the Liberals are worse than Aids, because Aid's kills people, Liberals kiss society

13. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:

Just thought i'd repost that. Also i wish the Americans would stop centering global warming on themselves because this is a global issue. Unless of course every other country on the planet is 'liberal' or whatever twisted way you want to put it.

The only other country besides the US that didn't join in on the Kyoto protocol was kazakhstan. Realizing of course many nations on it haven't been doing their bit but at least its being recognized as a problem. I'm sick of this political BS that seems to be going around. The world is bigger than the US. This is not some US tax plot. This is a global issue. We're in this together. Also when i get a post that says that 400 scientists do not agree with global warming (http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.SenateReport) you must keep in mind most of those scientists are not even studying the climate and even then it pales to the literal thousands of scientists that recognize it.

From now on i encourage this to become strictly a global warming debate instead of a political debate and i urge people to post sources for their information.

14. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    there is no global warmings, a scare and there is no proof of a problem, find me proof a problem exists, and i mean proof, i want scientific proof this isnt normal for the late period in an ice age.

SK-1 says thanks.
  15. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:
    Did you not read the large number of links i posted?

16. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have, except they can find no atmosphere samples predating the last iceage to compare to, nor can they find proof that the rapid acceleration of the melting icesheets is not a normal occurance. As the ice melts temputure increases, as more ice melts it gets hotter, except here's the one part everyone forgets the lass thick the ice the faster it melts, its simply going to keep accelerating.

17. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QIGJTHdH50&watch_response
    I think this video shows why workers need to have a different bumper sticker. Do you know how many workers he represents? More than 10 million workers.Source~http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFL-CIO

It also explains why alot of people are just scared to vote for a black guy. Its sad that yes, tolerance is still what many people lack, and racism on a personal level is still out there.

I have been robbed at gun point twice by two different black people. My girlfriend faced racism by black people AND TEACHERS at NC A&T University and UNCG. But until we all realize, that being racist on a personal level is just ignorance, it just continues the cycle of hatred. We won't hate someone back, we are above it. I still will vote for Obama and so will my girlfriend, parents, and grandfather that is a WW2 vet. We won't let racism stop us from voting for a change for the better.

18. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    people arn't voting for him because of his race, they arn't voting because hes a racist. And the best news of all, the Democracts split, almost 90% of all of hillary's supporters are going to write her in on the ballot, so everyone welcome John McCain as the next US President, because Obama just split the democractic vote

19. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    Point taken

and yes I would love to get off of fossil fuels and onto a renewable energy source, I just haven't seen the world jump onboard quite yet. One of my good freinds is selling hydrogen conversion kits for cars and is working on a self powering magnet motor (doctorate in engineering)

trouble is, the kits are expensive (materials not hugh mark up) and no normal mechanic will know how to work on your vehicle.

wind and solar as I've said are expensive as well. and until these are made affordablke for the average person, they're not going to become mainstream and thus not going to make a difference.

all in all i'll tell you what I tell everyone I encounter this argument with. You can spend your whole mlife protesting, going to ralleys, convincing everyone you know, writing letters, making forum postings, and yelling at strangers. But you will have led a wasted life. Why? because you will have failed to make a difference and will probably have created more emissions while protesting than you would have living a normal life. When all you had to do was buy some seeds and plant some trees in a field not too many just 20-30. do that and you will have compensated for your and your families negative contributions the the environment (emissions).

now imagine if you plant 100,000 trees over your life time, how much do you think that will help? reducing enough emisions for a small city to operate and grow without impacting the environment. (well emmissions wise, you can stop littering and land destruction by buying a few acres over a lifetime and dedicating them as a park or keeping them in the family by getting a non transferable title)

the problem is that too many people get on their expensive/fast computers and complain about the environment. while doing nothign about it.

I've planted/rescued 100 trees in the past 2 years, how about you? or did you really think the silicone in your quadcore rig was helping the environment. If you really cared about teh environment you'd have a low power micro-atx pc and no other.

And that's the final issue, it's not making trendy names famous, but actually going outside and doing something about the environment.

Just because I don't buy into a trendy named "issue" doens't mean I don't care about the environment. It simply means that if those scientists were so concerned, they'd do more than sit on the side lines lookign concerned. And yet they don't. so if those who spend their lives researching this don't do anything else but research it and shake their heads, why should I give up my quad core rig and nice car? it doesn't make an sense to me. So I keep my car and plant a few trees instead. at least I know my kids will be able to breathe.

20. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    Where is your source?

Fox News or because Candle said so?

21. russianboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    God said so.

/end thread.

22. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    it was on Fox News last night, my mom called me out to watch the story.

23. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    bio diesel is a great move, it runs in any diesele motor, brings the fuel back to America, so where not paying out ragous prices, increases the agricutural demand, and puts a big boost in our economy.

24. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    Here is a source that proves it wrong. Its comprised from the largest number of daily state polls of any source I have seen. Source~ http://www.electoral-vote.com

Last election it was right on who would be the projected winner. 47 states correct-2 undecided-and its prediction on Iowa last election was off but that wasn't that large of a margin.;)

It has always projected the right winner. Its updated daily.

25. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    well if for some reason obama can win this race, then i can promise the man will not have the support of half this nation. And I mean that literly, and im one of those that would leave the peace corp if he wins, most of my friends will go AWOL from the military if he wins. There is going to be one hell of an upset, as a matter of fact id go so far as to indirectly undermine to US Government if he gains control. Ill have no racist that will do to white people what hitler did to the jews to me and my white brothers. The man is a racist, if you vote for Obama you are signing the end of White Culture and White rights in America

cause face it if he wins, its the Government by the black people, for the black people