1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Goðafoss - Breaking G8R's H2O Hymen

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ChaoticG8R, Oct 18, 2012.

1. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    yeah, hopefully theres no leaks.

2. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    This project should be and absolute monster when it's finished!

3. ChaoticG8R

Thanks Received:
    Hooray...all we need now is some distilled water. Run a leak test through the loop for a bit....EXCITING!!! My roommate did a lot of the work here, so major props to him on doing these final steps!!

Took of the GTX690's beautiful stock cooler...really unfortunate that I can't reuse it for something.
    [​IMG]

Razer 690 installed and seated into the Extreme11
    [​IMG]

Starting to run the first tube to get an idea of how to best avoid the "octopus effect".
    [​IMG]

Here is the final running: Pump/Res-->Razor690-->Radiator-->Raystorm-->Pump/Res
    The main goal was to just couple the Raystorm after the radiator, and by running to the Maelstrom next, we can get an idea of temps coming off the Raystorm before they head to the GTX690. Thus cooling adjustments can be made properly.
    [​IMG]

So that's Goðafoss, ready to roll. Just need to fill 'er up and plug 'er in! More glamour shots will DEFINITELY follow, so these will just have to suffice for now. My roomie has a Canon 5D Mark III with tons of lighting addons and stuff (I don't know cameras at all, my megazoom Canon SX30is is the extent of every picture thus far), so some sexxy pictures are definitely in store...including blacklight pics of the UV parts and pics with all the lighting effects installed within the case. Then of course, the most sexxiest things will be posted...the screenies of the overclocks! Til then, enjoy :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sneekypeet, Cold Storm and MT Alex say thanks.
  4. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    That looks super nice.

Too bad you don't have a damn bottle of water, night time is a great time for leak testing. How's about some video of how loud the case is?

5. ChaoticG8R

Thanks Received:
    Will happen, we are both too lazy to run down to the gas station and grab a gallon of distilled water :roll:

6. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    How are you planning on filling it? Did you leave slack to pull the res out, or do you have a better plan?

7. ChaoticG8R

Thanks Received:
    There is sufficient slack to pull the Maelstrom forward and use the fill port on top.

8. silapakorn

silapakorn

Thanks Received:
    Can't wait to see the clock and tempt on this beast.

9. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    Very sweet, you'll have to give us some temps and benchmarks.:toast:

10. ChaoticG8R

Thanks Received:
    We are near a 5Ghz 5xPrime Burn stable setting, we are tweaking a bit more to get temps lower. Temps peak around 75C right now I believe. We might finalize our settings, and reset the Raystorm because I have a feeling we aren't getting the best seal/coverage, and we are using whatever default TIM that comes with the kit...hopefully get on the IC Diamond test list and see what she does.

After we solidify a 5.0 daily stable build, we will do a couple suicide post runs to see what we can get out of 'er. But being that its only taking 1.45-1.47 right now to hit 5Ghz, we are pretty positive about a good bench.

Graphics we havent touched yet, TBH I've never OC'd a dual chip card and don't really know if there is anything special I have to do. Feel free to slap me with some advice or point me in the right direction. Else I'll just turn on Afterburner for a bit and fool around.

She is running like a gem though (after acting like a nasty piece of coal).

**Also have to add** The banshee mobo fan really isn't as bad as I thought it would be. We will probably still look at getting a WB for it, but I was expecting something that was going to hear through headphones by the way ppl react to it.

cadaveca says thanks.
  11. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    All that awesome hardware and you went ghey on the PSU.

12. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You mean one of the, if not the best PSU on the market right now? Interesting.

MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  13. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    It's a damn good PSU, but it would have more S's in the name if it were the best on the market right now.

14. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    I am specifically against buying Corsair power supplies since they are in like every rig and even I say that's a good unit?

Overclocking a dual GPU card is the exact same as anything else. Just make sure clocks are in sync together. I also like EVGA precision over afterburner since you do in fact have an EVGA card and should be registered on their site I would try that one first :p it allows higher clocks than afterburner anyway.

15. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Shhhh let them believe in the Corsair hype.

16. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    There's a difference between hype and results: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/AX1200i/

Brand? So what? What is more idiotic, believing some hype or not buying something that had a great review due to some hype that is there for a brand?

...bad question, they're both pretty idiotic. :eek:

17. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    It is made by Flextronics which has a great track record of build quality electronics.

Crunching for Team TPU
  18. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Just passing by and going through this thread again as I am buying a Switch 810 in a few weeks ,and wanted to see how everything fit together with the UT60 rad and such. NZXT put a lot of thought in the case design from the looks. Seems like every possible option was considered by their engineers.

G8R why dont we ever see your friend playing with us in BF3 with this crazy rig?