1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Golf Mod!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Device Unknown, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Device Unknown New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys. a Customer wanted a rather "Conservative" mod done by us ( compared to the extremes us modders like to go) based on his love for Golf.
    We decided to go with a low end chassis. He only uses it to check gold and e-mail. So the hardware is rather modest, and the case we chose was this:
    [​IMG]

So we went from their and started, well to be honest, my first THEME mod. The Theme is GOLF of all things lol. Something I knew nothing about.
    I started by replacing the button with a piece of his favorite kind of golf balls.
    [​IMG]
    that sucked trying to cut that off straight.

[​IMG]
    I basically just glued it over the top of the existing button. But there is a little light behind it so it lights it up quite well.

As you can see on the inside (as I was gluing down the top parts) the case is rather simple. But again, that's more than we needed for this.
    [​IMG]

Then we procured some actual artificial putting green. So I cut it out for the top of the case.
    [​IMG]

I then cut a hole for the cup, and even made an awesome sand trap!
    [​IMG]
    I found an old ... driver? what ever it is, golf club. and cut the handle off.

The owner also gave me some personal ibjects from his golfing excursions, that I wanted to display.
    [​IMG]
    so now the front looks like this
    [​IMG]

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I added the green on front too. Like it?

Then, since I have a lot of balls (i can't help but chuckle like a 12 year old)
    I added them for FEET TOO!
    [​IMG]
    again cutting those was miserable, tried doing it with a Dremel... the melting plastic gave me a 3rd degree burn. Don't try this at home lol
    but I eventually got'em
    [​IMG]

So that's it for now guys, we still have work to do on the sides. have some fun ideas for that too.

cadaveca and AlienIsGOD say thanks.
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Golf and a computer case?! Love it!!! Can't wait to see more progress.

3. driver66

driver66

Thanks Received:
    Now that you have them all cut.... :laugh: A band saw is the best way to cut a golf ball :toast:

4. Device Unknown New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol yeah. Unfortunately I am up here in Minnesota for 2 more months. The companies shop is back in Georgia where we're going in February. So I had to make due with a hacksaw.

5. Sinzia

Thanks Received:
    Simple, but I like it!

6. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    I wonder if instead of cutting the golf balls, you could try sanding them with electric sander? Just a thought, hilarious theme too btw, thanx for the post, cant wait to see more!