1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gonna sell my rig soon for a AMD Tri/Quad-Core rig

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by ShadowFold, Mar 31, 2008.

1. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
  2. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Looks pretty decent, I may recommend the Palit Sonic version, but I almost purchased the one you have listed to fit my AC S1 onto. There's a slightly different PCB layout between that card you have listed and the Sonic version, which was another reason I wanted the Sonic as I've read it's OC-able beyond it's already decent OC.

But for a budget build, not too shabby...pretty good brands with pretty good ratings overall.

3. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    I dont think the sonic is worth it honestly. The one on the standard is good enough :)

4. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If you're interested, I've got a MSI 9600GT I'm gonna sell for $155.

5. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    looks pretty good man, I would probably spend another 30-40 bucks on a better mb, maybe something from gigabyte or asus. biostar aren't bad boards but they are at the more budget end of things...

Shit those 9600GT's are cheap after MIR.

Should be a decent gamer when your finished

6. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    I know a few people who have Biostars and I hear they are awesome overclockers. I dont really want to get another gigabyte board to be honest.. Thanks Paul, but I would prefer to get everything in one order :)

7. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Well we'll find out soon enough won't we? I think that MIR expires tomorrow...so you better hurry and snag it! That is unless they instated a new MIR expiration date.

I'm sure it'll OC just fine, I was thinking the same at first...but finding any reviews and threads about the lower-end card are far and few...the Sonic is buzzing all over the place...I'm sure most of the extra price is the cooler, but like I said there's some layout differences also...and I plan to OC my Palit and see what she can do.

But you'll definately have to keep me posted to see if I wasted my money on just better cooling and nothing else! I'd sure like to know! Either way, both are great cards!

:toast:

8. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Im not gonna do any rebates unless there like 50$+. I may end up getting the sonic but depends on how much I get for my rig.. im basing this around 650$ right now.

9. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Well for that kind of cash, you're gonna have a pretty damn good build that should be quite capable...but if OC-ing, then I guess cooling may be somewhat of a factor depending on how far you wanna go.

I'm also not sure how far the new AMD tri-cores OC, but they should still be pretty good performers for the price-point.

I look forward to you getting that budget rig put together and kickin ass dude! I think it's gonna do quite well and prove that ya don't need to spend 1200, 1500 or even 2k to have a PC get the job done! Sure there are different specifics, but I go for a lower budget and get the best bang for my budgeted dollar possible, for me that's more rewarding!

:toast:

10. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks :) I will probly do a log on it once I get it. Tho it wont be for awile unless someone wants to buy my rig?..

11. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    LoL! I'm in the doghouse for the Sonic I just ordered! :rolleyes:

I'll keep an eye peeled for your log though! :toast: