1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Good 360 game?

Discussion in 'Games' started by SlipSlice, Aug 8, 2007.

1. SlipSlice

SlipSlice New Member

Thanks Received:
    As u all know the 360 price cut is tommorow, another 50$, and im picking one up this time for sure..
    But my main question is, what is a good game to buy for a first game? I love fps's those are like top priority most of the time for me. But I'm also into racing. those are mainly the 2 that i play most of the time.
    Does anybody have any suggestions and or info on some good games that you have experience and played for the 360?
    thanks
    S1iP
    :toast:

2. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    gears of war is always a first, but like I did you may experience glitches now and again, but still a good game none the less, i personally rather just play a ps3, just me though

3. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    gears of war for sure, forza 2 if you are into racing, ...(thats all i can thing atm)...

4. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Hmm, what about a price cut? And what is it being cut to? Gears of War was fun BTW.

5. Eric3988

Eric3988 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Gears of War is just the friggin shit, but Rainbow Six Vegas is still pretty awesome too. Better if you have people to play with though.

6. SlipSlice

SlipSlice New Member

Thanks Received:
    http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=3454089

here is some info on the price cut.
    and for everybody talkin about Gear of War. Is there a pretty good story to the game, is it really worth buying , over any other fps?

7. v-zero Guest

Gears is without a doubt the best game on the 360. The story is pretty good, but the sound and visuals are better than any other game (360, PS3 or PC) released, and the 3rd-person gameplay adds some originality to an otherwise highly saturated genre.

8. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    yeah gears of war will defiantly hold you down till you see something you like.....I cant think of any other games, on the 360 that are good, dead rising is pretty fun,If you got a ps3 instead theres lots of good games(even though people think there arent) mass effect is fun for the 360......oblivion..........dont get rainbow six,the darkness is good but I'd recommend that for the ps3 instead you can try it out though, AND LAST BUT SURELY NOT LEAST LOST PLANET, that game made me want a 360 a lot, even if my brother had one, normally it would be gears of war but what i've experienced from gears........ew, definalty gonna be better on the pc, if it was on the ps3 it would be better, I'd explain why but some 360 fans out there might kill me or say something against me....eh

9. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    Gears of War hands down, you'll have some fun with Oblivion. NCAA 08 and Halo 3 for sure (coming out 9-25-07 I believe). Don't bother with Call of Duty 3, its not made by Infinity Ward and for that reason it sucks!

10. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    well, halo 3 i know is gonna be....a waste of MY money IMO because halo 2 I hated the whole duel wield thing is stupid, the only thing I see that is gonna be great is the multiplayer and the visuals/graphics, gameplay I want something new......so IMO I think gears of war will still dominate halo....and there are more games that will, gears of war, Haze(ps3),Crysis(PC),Killzone 2(ps3), resistance fall of man(multiplayer wise...not every day you can get 40 people in one server and not lag)and unreal tournament and lots and lots more

11. kwchang007

kwchang007 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Gears of War is amazing. Also, if you like playing fake guitar, guitar hero (what is it like 2 or 3 now?) is not to bad. Guitar hero is more of a time passer than lots of fun, but hey whetever suits you.

12. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    I agree, I won't be buying halo 3 becuase I think it is the same thing as Halo and Halo 2... Haze looks like its going to be great, Crysis looks awesome (lets hope EA doesn't fuck it up). Gears is cool, but why no PC vs XBOX 360 online play for the PC verison...Just pisses me off.

13. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    IMO, Rainbow Six: Vegas, it's got a decent SP and amazing MP. Gears of War is great as well, and it has an amazing SP (especially on co-op), but it's too easy and you can finish it fast (on all 3, Casual, Hardcore, and Insane). The online is great for a while, but 4v4 isn't really much, when Rainbow Six: Vegas has 16 Player MP. Annex was a great addition to the Gears of War MP, but again, it won't keep you hooked for long.

Both are good though, so either way..you win.

Halo 3 as well when it comes out, you should pick it up. I know some of you (Ravenas :) ) say that you don't want to pick up Halo 3, but I think it's going to be a great game. When I played Halo 3 a few months ago (Beta!) I thought it was pretty nice, and they improved on a lot, with extras like Bubble Shield and what-not.

14. SlipSlice

SlipSlice New Member

Thanks Received:
    hmm i dunno if i should waste the 60 bucks on gears of war, if its something that im going to not really have a challenge at...i might just get dirt..that game is pretty bad, i played it at a cousins house..but im still deciding..
    keep the opinion coming all!

15. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    No, I didn't say it wasn't a good game. However, none of the games have really made a big leap from the other. All the same. People just keep buying it because it say Halo "2" or Halo "3".

16. SlipSlice

SlipSlice New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey i was lookin at Call of duty 3 movies on gamespot, and it actually looks pretty bad...

17. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    I always trust two, and two sources only.

PC Gamer Magazine

Metacritic.com

18. JC316

Thanks Received:
    Kickass, though I think that the 279 on the Core is still a ripoff. Maybe the price of used ones will drop with this.

19. Metal-Head New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just bought The Darkness, it's pretty fun.

20. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    Here are a few good 360 titles:

Gears Of War
    The Darkness
    Crackdown
    Forza Motorsport 2
    Fight Night Round 3
    Dead Rising
    F.E.A.R
    Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter - Premium Edition
    Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
    Def Jam Icon
    Overlord
    FlatOut - Ultimate Carnage
    Lost Planet - Extreme Condition
    Rainbow Six Vegas
    Saints Row
    Rockstar Presents - Table Tennis
    Burnout Revenge
    Project Gotham Racing 3
    Need For Speed Carbon - Collectors Edition
    Call Of Duty 3
    Colin McRae - Dirt

PS: on the 360 you MUST own Gears Of War and The Darkness :rockout:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2007
  21. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    I say Gears of War and Forza2. Avoid CoD3. CoD2 was actually much better, IMO.

22. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    dead rising is a fun game, must be cheap now. But if you can wait, i would get bioshock (btw, you know that MS is playing reviewers to give it 10/10...sad :slap:) or John Woo's Stranglehold (looks sweet).

I have to agree on Halo stuff. The thing is that halo has good story, good artwork, good level design, but the worlds worst gameplay mechanics, also the animation is subpar. It has the mechanics of DOOM 2...sad for a modern fps, no physics, and the weaponary (both firearms and vehicles) feel extremely fake. And the animations are slow and very blocky in movement.

edit, just read that there is a demo for stranglehold on XBL...

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  23. SlipSlice

SlipSlice New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea that stranglehold looks pretty bad, seems kinda like another max payne IMO, the way the player moves, its third person and u can jump forward and backward and shoot. But nothing wrong with that i guess, max payne was fun.

24. JC316

Thanks Received:
    I demoed Stranglehold at Quakecon and I was unimpressed. Max Payne was better IMO.

25. marsey99

marsey99

Thanks Received:
    forza 2 is much like 1 but looks sooooo much better, as is pgr 3 but both are worth looking at.

mcrae dirt is a very good next gen racing game and gets my vote.