1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Good CPU overclocking utility

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by AMDCam, Jun 13, 2005.

1. AMDCam New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey, I'm trying to overclock my processor but I'm tired of waiting for it to crash to see if it is stable at a speed. Systool doesn't recognize my fsb for some reason, so can anyone recommend a good overclocking utility? thank you

Last edited: Jun 13, 2005
  2. AMDCam New Member

Thanks Received:
    VERY STRANGE HERE. I just downloaded Ntune (upgraded from system utility) and it doesn't recognize my fsb. I don't get it, how is that possible? System utility knew, along with the BIOS obviously. Now 2 applications can't figure out my fsb and this sucks. I don't know what to do.

3. Hellraiser1981 New Member

Thanks Received:
    See if the latest bios update from Abit helps.

4. mikechinym

mikechinym New Member

Thanks Received:
    use the abit softmenu in the bios.it just came with your board.
    however, it runs in bios.by the way, amd is hot enough, make sure to set the shutdown temperature before u oc it.

5. AMDCam New Member

Thanks Received:
    No dude, I have overclocked it, but I mean I want a better overclocker that I don't have to sit and wait for the PC to shut down on. Ntune does it for you but I can't use it if it doesn't know my clock. I downloaded the second newest BIOS, but there's a new one and it's making be mad because Abit doesn't have it on it's website and I can't download it, but it was released on 4/7/05 and when I try to get it it says "file not available, try again later.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2005
  6. mikechinym

mikechinym New Member

Thanks Received:
    so, do you mean you want the ntune program. if so, i download the ntune at the nvidia website. the ntune is actually for nvidia the nforce2 chipset. i just download the newest ntune days ago.remember, to download the ntune, go to nvidia website.

7. AMDCam New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol, thanks dude, but I have ntune it just doesn't recognize my fsb or clock for some reason. It says "0 mhz" for both. Same with Systool, so obviously there's a problem. I'm just gonna wait for the new BIOS for my motherboard and hopefully that will help applications recognize my clockrates

8. i got the asus a8n sli deluxe board, i love the aibooster program, you can change voltage, multipliers, fsb, and other settings right from the windows desktop