1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Good earphones

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by magma_saber, Sep 14, 2007.

1. magma_saber New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was looking around for some good earphones. I don't want to spend more that $100. I was looking at the cx 300 and that was good. Are there any other better earphones for under $100?
  2. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I love my 5.1 LTM Magnum 5.1 Headset! Simply amazing sound, I paid like $70 US . They have a built in mic in the LH cup, along with built in volume up/down and mute as-well. This version uses the AC-97 plugs instead of USB, so if you have a 5.1+ built in MB sound device or a 5.1+ sound card they will treat you very well. They're comfy, not heavy at all, and sound great!

One issue is that they have a bass defeat to reduce dbl's at lower frequencies, but really if you boost the 30-60hz range a tad, the bass is great! I've used many pro headphones and these are easily matching headsets that are almost twice the price! They use either USB or wall plug in for built-in AMP power, I use USB without issue. I highly recommend them as the 5.1 is amazing in headphones for movies and games, and the music playback is excellent! I am only using on-board sound at the moment and I'm still amazed! I believe they are worth every penny, granted the reviews for these are far and few, they are reviewed very well! And if you like really loud, they can do it easily! Hell I can get the cups to start bouncing off my head! That's pretty damn loud!

Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00028Y8JE/?tag=tec06d-20

Hope that helps!
  3. bonku New Member

Thanks Received:
    grado
  4. Frederik S Staff

Thanks Received:
    Sennheiser HD555/595 if you want to use them for gaming as well. If you are only going to listen to music get a pair of Grados or Etymotics / Shure if you want in-ears.
  5. JousteR

JousteR

Thanks Received:
    I use these here Not 5.1 but with right sound card very very good sound and the x-fi series can create an artificial 5.1..:)
  6. magma_saber New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was actually looking for earbud earphones, like the one i can use for my ipod, not a headset. The shure earphones are really expensive. I don't want to spend more than $100.