1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Good Home Workouts?

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by Reventon, Apr 28, 2009.

1. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    you will exhaust yourself doing that many in one day i say half it. Dont go gunning it or you will tire yourself.

Also swimming is a great way to get the heart rate working and builds shoulder strength (breast stroke that is)
  2. crtecha

crtecha New Member

Thanks Received:
  3. Kusimeka

Kusimeka

Thanks Received:
    I prefer to go for heavier weight, less reps. So i'd go alot heavier, but only do 5-8 reps. I find this works best for me.

I'd suggest you buy some weights and get a bench, bench pressing will build your chest the strongest & fastest. You won't be able to get as big / strong chest as you would bench pressing, by doing push ups. (unless you do some serious weighted ones)
  4. Mike0409

Mike0409

Thanks Received:
    I would say plan your goal's out first. A lot of people tend to think that they can achieve great result's by just doing push-ups/sit-ups without any weight training or cardio.

What are you goal's by chance?

A few tips:

If you want to burn fat, doing 1000's of Push-ups/Sit-Ups will not burn fat, you will get stronger but it will not begin to melt fat off. That is what cardio is for.

If you want to get stronger/bigger you can do push-ups/sit-ups, pull-ups but you need some sort of weight training. Weight training tears your fibers down inside your muscles and allows them to rebuild.

Also without a good diet, your not going to see great result's. And when I say Diet I'm not talking about doing Atkins, or south beach...But making some sort of life style change. Cut soda out, or if you like carbonated drinks use club soda and crystal light mixed together..(maybe with a dash of rum for party times!)

If you work-out and eat mcdonalds all day, or wendys every other day, or just plain shit food..your results are going to be shit. I tend to substitute a lot of different things for something smarter.
  5. El Fiendo

El Fiendo

Thanks Received:
  6. u2konline

u2konline

Thanks Received:
  7. Reventon

Reventon New Member

Thanks Received:
    Okay thanks. I don't eat too unhealthy per say thankfully. Like if I had a choice I'd take Chick-Fil-A over McDonalds and such. I think maybe bringing a small snack to school and not eating lunch there would also help too because the school lunches aren't the healthiest. I also only drink soda when I'm out to dinner or at my friend's house, normally just drink like tea and sparkling water.

Also what I could do is when I'm at the gym is do more weight training (I would go to the gym when I am at my dad's.) Then at my moms I could use the Iron gym for sit-ups and pull-ups and ab crunches and such.

My goals are to burn a little fat (not to much as personally there really isn't much there to burn) and tone my muscles. Nothing too extreme like body building but just get a basic workout to help tone my muscles.
  8. u2konline

u2konline

Thanks Received:
    I do the following when i wake up, 4 days a week.

Wake up(duh) do 20 push ups, brush teeth, wait about 2 hours, eat, wait about 1 hour, do 20 pushups, use 20-40 dumb bells, push ups, rest, eat.
  9. Reventon

Reventon New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well 2 hours after I wake up means I'm in school...
  10. u2konline

u2konline

Thanks Received:
    Work out after school, also losing weight is easy. Just eat 2 meals a day, and still work out when you can. I would buy a small weight set in your house , something that can increase your upper body and make sure to buy some dumb bells, start with 30 or 40 if you can.

Sears has some nice stuff.
  11. Reventon

Reventon New Member

Thanks Received:
    That's what I was saying before. If I were to eat a small snack during school then skip school lunch and have like a small salad at home for lunch, I could eliminate 1000s of calories a week.
  12. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    simplely go jogging around a soccer field or something and do push ups and sit ups everyday,i practically only do 30sits up every night now and i lost 1stone in a month.Eat healthy,eat less junk food and drink lots of water
  13. Mike0409

Mike0409

Thanks Received:
    2 meals a day? Uh don't think so. Best way to burn weight is 6 Small meals each day, all averaging about the same amount of Calories, Carbs, and Proteins. Lower carb's but never cut them out of your entire diet to lose a little faster, put more carb's in to pack on more muscle.

Your metabolism will work much faster with little meals throughout the day, rather than 2 large meals. And the most important meal = breakfast. it can range from a piece of chicken to a small bowl of cereal.
  14. Reventon

Reventon New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, my dad does that. We usually have more for dinner. I eat breakfast practically everyday, so I don't need to worry about that. Only problem with small meals is that I am at school for part of the day, so only about 4 would be do-able. Which I figure if I have a larger dinner that'd be good anyway. Like I said, I think taking a snack to school to have at lunch then eating a small lunch when I get home would be better, as I'm sure our school food isn't the healthiest. Wouldn't be surprised if my average lunch is 800-900 calories at school.
  15. Reventon

Reventon New Member

Thanks Received:
  16. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Sigged.
  17. Ongaku New Member

Thanks Received:
    LOL nice

I walk a mile a few times a week, and do a few push ups for my upper body. That's it :p I lost 50 pounds so far from it :D
  18. Reventon

Reventon New Member

Thanks Received:
    Lol if I lost 50 pounds right now I'd be in dire trouble.
  19. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    how much do you weigh?

I weighed 142 pounds on the 27th of April - now 155 pounds three days ago.

Swimming builds upper strength, and cardio its a good starting point. Don't go and flap about, try and get from one end to the other in as a fewer strokes as you can, really push the water out the way. And when you get to the other end, really push off the wall with your legs, it'll start hurting after the 20th time. Swim strongly for 20 minutes - you'll feel it when you get out.
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  20. Reventon

Reventon New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm maybe 150lbs, roughly 5'7" in height.
  21. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    I'm 6' dead on, so i'm kinda in the same boat.

Fancy some light hearted competition?
  22. theeldest

theeldest

Thanks Received:
    Yes.

This is what I do. You'll love it when you get to the point that you can just turn out 15 chin ups no problem.
  23. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    For a diet, what people forget is to keep themselves Hydrated... DRINK when you start to feel hungry and your more than half an hour before a meal.

Question: Would it be a good idea to work out like 1 hour after every meal?
  24. Reventon

Reventon New Member

Thanks Received:
    Haha, in which way? I need a few weeks though before we start. Need to ask my dad for help on a beginning workout plan. Plus if I'm getting an Iron Gym I need to wait until I actually get it.

Yep, thanks for the advice. Most people don't know this but sometimes someone may be thirsty but yet they think they are hungry, or visa verca. I think if I drank more water would it not only help me lose more weight during workouts but help to reduce my hunger, which somtimes tends to be a bit too much.

My girlfriend drinks a lot of water - much more than I. I need to be more like her lol. She drinks like 4 bottles of water a day or more haha.
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  25. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    i dunno how, but be interesting