1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Good SLI mobo

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by drade, Jul 13, 2006.

1. drade

drade

Thanks Received:
    Hey everyone, well I just want to make sure im getting a good mobo, Cannot be expensive, no more then 150$ please, under would be great.

I will oc my cards hella more then my cpu, May not even oc my proc much at all, Didn't with this comp, So I dont need a tweaked out mobo for OCING.... Dont think a 3800X2 dual core needs much of that. It needs to support x2 correct? Well please show me what yall got for idea, AND IT HAS TO HAVE the SLI bridge, has to be SLI ready mobo. Thanks!
  2. markkleb Guest

I just put a Epox 9npa+ SLI in the Ultra blue comp. It works so well. I love the DFI (its like a Ferrarri) but you really need to spend a LOT of time messing around with it, and it seems very picky with memory and PS.

The Epox just started up and has been running great. It also can OC if you want to. It has 10 Usb2.0, 6- Sata2( the extra2 use the Sil 3132 controller which is much better than the 3114). the reviews are very good and its only $129...
  3. drade

drade

Thanks Received:
    Man thats a nice mobo, I think I may go with that! Its x2 supported or no? I dont really get if mobos are dual core supported or not, is this one?
  4. markkleb Guest

5. Alec§taar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
    Well, I'd recommend what I have (socket 939 @ least)

ASUS A8N-SLI premium model...

(EDIT PART -> Thanks for you-know-what mark!)

:)

* Has nice "presets" in the BIOS (ranges from 3% (what I use) up to 10%) you can just "set it & forget it"...

(I am like you - I go WAY hard on my vidcards' o/c's, & only "mellow" on my CPU/RAM/FSB stuff)

APK

P.S.=> I only skimmed your post, not sure if you are s939 or not, but since I have this one & it works well? There ya are... apk
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  6. drade

drade

Thanks Received:
    As you know im going socket 939 3800X2, That epox board looks hella sick!! One issue, its out of stock on newegg, no any other good places thats its just about 130$?
  7. drade

drade

Thanks Received:
    And by the way is the Epox 9npa+ SLI x2 supported I know you said most mobos are...

(Still havent found a site with the Epox 9npa+ SLI.... Newegg has it but they are sold out :/)
  8. markkleb Guest

I had a hard time getting this one, I had to keep checking back. I would sy check out the refurbs at Newegg but this mobo comes with a LOT of cool stuff, little blue heatsinks, white cables, a screwdriver and a bunch of other stuff, so get it Retail.

It Definately supports X2 ..
    Edit:http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch.hmx?SCriteria=BA21439&CartID=done&nextloc=

I have never bought anything here but they have it and its $114
  9. bbriand New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am really happy with my A8N SLI Deluxe but if I had it to do over again I'd try the A8N32 model with the heatpipes cause that looks tight! And I'm sure it performs well to :D

Bill
  10. drade

drade

Thanks Received:
    Meh still deciding.. :/ maybe when I order my stuff on the 24th..... stuff will be in stock
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  11. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Well, Im assuming its a 939 MB you want, so Ill have to yank my K9N Diamond recommendation (even though there are AM2 X2 3800+ out :smile: ) Hmm, Id have to go with this one : http://www.pagecomputers.com/store/...ategory_name=16g16c550s2215&product_id=874421

Or, what Id call, a damn good deal on a great Motherboard. I absolutely love MSI and all the features it offers, whether you oc your CPU or not, it has some nice GPU features on it as well. And the price, cant be beat, under 100 bucks and is SLI. Mind you, this isnt 32 only 24 though it does have 2 x16 PCI-e slots :)
    MSI MB K8N SLI-F NVIDIA NF4SLI SOCKET939 FSB1000MHZ 4DDR400 2PCI-E16 PCI-E1 3PCI

As much as I love newegg.com, this is an awesome site to buy from, quick, great CS and this place is the cheapest Ive found for this board. Ive ordered my BIG TYPHOON from page computers. Cant go wrong with them and I believe the shipping is $9.09 USD so the total is like $105.00 USD