1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Google Android users clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by crazy pyro, Nov 15, 2009.

1. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    yeah, memory card slot and removable battery is important for me too

2. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
    Guys, this might be lame, but I have a Samsung Infuse. I love it. It is basically a Galaxy II phone that has a single core processor and a bigger screen. I find it integrates just as well as a iPhone with my iPad, and the battery last forever. Plus, with its very large screen, it is very easy to text with. I know it is not a GS3,and it's screen is on the lower end resolution wise, but it is great. I even like Gingerbread, and I know it is lame. :D The cost of the phone 9 months ago was free.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
    brandonwh64 says thanks.
  3. Grnfinger

Grnfinger New Member

Thanks Received:
    you get 25GB of dropbox storage, so if your on wifi it's an ok solution, but eats in to data pretty quick watching movies.

That and lack of official HTC support made me switch to the SG3, I doubt that I'll buy another HTC again because of there 6 month abandon ship policy.

trt740 says thanks.
  4. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Actually i gots 50GB of dropbox storage as sony were doing a deal with DB and my Xperia qualified for it.

Regardless - having a 50TBs of dropbox storage doesnt mean shit cuz as soon as you go under a tunnel - you lose connection.

secondly dropbox will never beat a dedicated Micro SD card for storage.

Dropbox is useful and very handy. but only when you have signal.

----

On a much happier and somewhat sad note...

I got paid last night at around 2am. First thing i did was put in an order for a Galaxy SIII off Ebay.

Happy as shit with my order, I go to bed and then to work that afternoon. I come back home from work and check if my order expecting it to have been dispatched as it says 'free express delivery' Then i see some text below that, that made me fucking rage....

The order will be dispatched 5-6days after payment clears which means ETA is next fucking friday.

fuck my life!
    [​IMG]

I was so close to getting rid of this damn Xperia and Im being trolled by ebay because ebay knows i hate it!

Id attempt to get a refund and go with a seller that has a faster dispatch time but Im already out of time anyway so any order will arrive next week and since the original order arrives next week anyway i might aswell sit and wait. Another reason why i dont wish to switch to a different seller is this guy has sold over 1000 Galaxy SIII's and has 99.8% feedback.

whenever i have my Xperia out on the table, I glare at it with such hate filled eyes as if it suddenly came to life and murdered my entire family and now I wanted nothing but revenge.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  5. Thrackan

Thrackan

Thanks Received:
    :p

And here I am, dubbing whether or not to get a replacement for my second hand Desire :eek:

6. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    as your soul desires?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  7. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
  8. GamerGuy

Thanks Received:
    I have a Samsung GS3 as well as a Tab7.7, so far, no complains about them....I don't root, or whatever, them at all. Not a power user....

9. WarhammerTX

WarhammerTX New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys whats the best family tracking software to use I have tried family 360 but its not very accurate

10. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:
    Does anyone know anything about the "insufficient storage available" error when trying to install an app? It has nothing to do with storage, I have 18.6gb available on my prime. It also isnt downloading that causes the error, it doesnt occur until the app is finished dl'ing and about to install. I even tried finding the same apps non market and when I try to install it gives the same error. Ive googled it and tried a few things that worked for other people, to no avail. Does anyone know what could be causing this? It was fine 2 days ago.

Crunching for Team TPU
  11. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I have the same issue after a borked sabotaged android update from Sony. I have a 32GB Micro SD which has at least 16GB usage. but I still get storage errors and these can be from the smallest apps i have that error while updating.

For instance, it will give me the same error when im updating barcode scanner or some mundane utility app like 'brightest flashlight'

Anyway, So guess what arrived today!!

[​IMG]

I didnt leave until 12pm to go to work and come home 10hrs later to find this little beauty waiting for me.

I was so happy i could shit! My liberator has arrived! viva le G.S.3!!! no longer will I have my Xperia Arc's nuts dragged across my face from sony's borked update that they wont even fucking fix!! HUZZAAAHHH!!!

12. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    the error about missing space is not on the SD card (internal or external) but a hidden apps partition.

move some apps to the SD card, or install a custom ROM that repartition for more room.

Irony says thanks.
  13. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    Not to be annoying but.
    I warned you about sony even before you got that phone. :eek:

Atleast you've corrected it with an EPIC choice ;)

14. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    well to be fair - If sony didnt fuck it up with the last update and refuse to fix it, I would have more then likely carried on using it till the end of 2013.

Its still a good handset but its let down by bad software and im to lazy to root. secondly quad core makes a lot of difference, the S3 operates so smoothly.

15. odameyer

odameyer

Thanks Received:
    Got Nexus 7 with rooted 4.1 jellybean.

How to make it stop asking me if I want to update to 4.2?

Also is there an app thread or do we discuss them in this one?

16. 1ceTr0n

1ceTr0n

Thanks Received:
    Got my new replacement Note 2 after my first one last week had stuck pixels. Loved my Note 1 to death until I ruined it by dropping it into the bathtub while web surfing back in october. An expensive and hard lesson learned as I had insurance on it, but Asurion wanted a $200 deductible for a refurbished Note 1 and I said fark that shit. Managed to get an "exception upgrade" with AT&T and saved about $100 rather then pay full out the ass price.

Needless to say, I got my Otterbox Commuter and Spigen Screen protector on as soon as I got them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    well this is the Android users clubhouse so we could discuss apps here, I dont see a real need to start a new thread about it unless you really want to see what other TPU members have installed on their handsets.

did you pretend that it was a submarine preparing for an emergency dive??

on a serious note. Hell, If i had a phone that cost that much id make sure I insure it before i left the shop!

I tend to look after my stuff very well though. the only time ive ever dropped a phone into water was when i went fishing - caught a 23lb mirror carp and i was leaning over the side of the wooden platform to put the beast back in and my phone decided it wanted to make a break for freedom, slip out of my pocket and ended up going into the water the same time as the carp.

Obviously being terribly skint back then i waded in after my phone and managed to retrieve it. put it next to a hair dryer for a while and left it to dry for a few days and it was still fine, though some buttons wouldnt work anymore due to the water damage, cost me a few quid to repair but at least I didnt have to fork out for an entire new handset

18. 1ceTr0n

1ceTr0n

Thanks Received:

[​IMG]

Ahhzz says thanks.
  19. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    ROFL awesome-ness

20. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
  21. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:
    Lulz at submarine. Also the beginnings of a gif war...

Does anyone else think we should have a place for our phones in system specs? Maybe under software since its rather pointless.

I too have a water story. I went canoeing in a creek with some friends and decided to leave my phone in the truck. qwerty samsung dumbphone. So then somebody decided it would be a good idea to take my phone with them in the canoe without telling me. And then of course their canoe flipped and soaked my phone...but I rescued it, and put it in rice for a couple days which, amazingly actually fixed it. except 5 or 6 of the buttons didnt work. So I opened it up and peeled the keypad membrane back and the contacts had corroded so I scraped them clean and stuck it back together and it worked. I was quite proud of myself. That was over 2 years ago and I still have it; I didnt realize how long Ive had this till just now. I need a new phone

Crunching for Team TPU
  22. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I've suggested all sorts of things to be added to the specs - e.g what peripherals or speakers/audio set-up we all use but it never got very far.

as for the whole app discussion/debate idea - a few TPU members have suggested that there be another section/sub-section for smartphones/tablets added to the forums. a idea that didnt gather much steam either despite many members voicing their support for it.

I think there should be a section for smart phones/tablets as there are a lot of members who are browsing the forum on one.

23. odameyer

odameyer

Thanks Received:
    An app thread sounds good.

Software section perhaps?

24. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    we should have smartphone/tablet forum section - its more relevant to the topic

25. 1ceTr0n

1ceTr0n

Thanks Received:
    Oda, why the hell do you have that evil asshole as your avatar? Seriously?