1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Google Android users clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by crazy pyro, Nov 15, 2009.

1. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    ppsspp is indeed promising ... it can even run some isos smooth and with near perfect sound ... thats kinda normal since Psone if perfectly emultated (i use boh ePSXe and Fpse ) and the psp isnt more powerfull than a Psone (tho the emulation part is different wich i reckon that the develloper of PPSSPP does a GREAT job)

actually its becomming a basic phone since the GS4 S600 does better result and the GS4 with the Exynos "octa" quadcore A15(and a quadcore A7 to say ohhh look we do have octocore ... but its not what you think, still who care in a phone about a "real octa") does way more ...

not mentioning that Qualcomm didnt released yet the S800 (and leak about the LG D801 wich appears to be the LG Optimus G2 who has a S800 are showing enormous performances rise)

but who care about power ... its a phone and the One has indeed dreams features and a nice camera (specialy if i can get one at 1chf like when i got my One X ... but no subvention till next year from my operator force me to buy a UMI X1 :roll: (Wich isnt bad at all))

also who care about benchmark ... or everybody would buy Samsung in phone or Nvidia/intel in pcs ... (a friend of mine said: inteligents peoples dont follow blindly benchmark, they test also by themselves.)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  2. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    I'm not sure I follow you old sport, but performance is not that important to me. I mean of course it is, but it's not something I care that much about. It will be fast enough. The camera bit is pretty important to me, especially shooting in the dark. I live way up north in Sweden where it's dark a long time of the year, so yeah..

GreiverBlade says thanks.
  3. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    then HELL YEAH the HTC One is the dreamphone for you ... ultrapixel is pretty amazing (i tested it with my sister who do photoshoot versus a canon EOS 650D) lowering pixelcount to achieve better result eh? that sound funny and fishy, but IT WORKS WELL!

4. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:
    Very nice. That probably my favorite phone right now, its a beautiful device with some awesome hardware.

5. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
  6. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    Ployer tab are not bad at all and the Allwinner A31 is quite good (i use a rebranded 7" ployer with a Allwinner A13 Cortex A8 single core Mali400mp singlecore 512mb and its kinda good, not the same construction as Samsung but i kinda come to hate samsung as it is now ...)

Still power to power that tab should be on par with the SGT2 or even a bit higher (it lacks the "brand" support that samsung offers but they are not near piece of crap like those other noname chinese copy of GSN or iPad and such)

Graphics Card Description 8 x PowerVR SGX544MP2 : totally wrong SGX544mp2 is dual gpu core
    btw its a SGX544mp2 not 8x like amazone reference it. still its a good gpu and can handle all 3d app on the store,
    Sidenote: the A31 Allwinner SoC does have two SGX544 per CPU cores ... so effectively it is a eight core GPU (i double checked with Allwinner datasheets) and the SGX544 is also the GPU in the Exynos Octa 4+4 from samsung... wich explain the good perf ratio.

cortex A7 isnt bad also, its more powerfull than the A8 revision and a lil less than A9 A15 and less energy demanding.
    Also Amazone state it like a 2gb ram but on the official website its referenced as 1gb ... i wonder

A15>A9>A7>A8 (kinda illogical that the A8 is less powerfull than the A7 but its like that)

official link of GTR Shenzhen (the holy ground of electronic in china is Shenzhen xD a wonderfull place indeed ;) )
    http://en.ployer.cn/mid_detail.php?id=27

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
    FreedomEclipse says thanks.
  7. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    thanks for that, Just poking around and seeing a lot of reviewers saying that momo is generally hugely popular over in China,

Im curious that you put the A31 on par with the SGT2 as it runs a DC and not a Quad.

Im not in a hurry to get a tablet anyway. but the momo i linked to does sound quite amazing for the money. Guess i wont know about the build quality compared to the SGT2 till i have one in my hands.

8. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    Im talking about the gpu that amazone state as a 8x... wich is a 2x, half mistake see sidenote on post above xD

The cpu is a quad.

i edited the previous post, i forgot to make a separation between gpu talk and cpu generation

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  9. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    well the Galaxy tab 2 is only a 1ghz A9 dual core and and the A31 dual core is a little faster than the dual 1.6Ghz RK3066 A9 so its a nice boost and the gpu is better also. The real question is the overall build quality, battery life and wifi on the a31 momo.

Another thing to think about is firmware updates, on chinese tablets you should not expect them to happen much and because the amount of people using them happens to be much more limited then a typical well known tablet you should not expect much in the way of third party roms like cyanogen or aokp, but the A31 does have some development going on for cyanogen.

As for chinese tablets right now I have
    (AML8726)Zenithink C71
    (AML8726)Zenithink C91(Dead)
    (AML8726-M6)Ainol Novo 7 Flame
    (ACT7029)Ainol Crystal 3(terrrrrible-given to my brother)
    (RK3066)Teclast P85
    (RK3188)Yuandao N90(on its way)

avoid the act7029 tablets at all costs

10. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i've owned a few zenithinks, once they're on custom firmwares to fully enable google play, they're quite nice.

11. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:
    Why so many

12. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    I originally bought my Zenithink C91 and it was a nice tablet so I bought the Zenithink C71, then my C91 stopped working and my C71's backlight went because I was compiling so many kernels for it I made a mistake one time and burned it out, it still works but video decoding on my model is broken anyway so yea.

Then I bought the novo crystal and I thought it would be the IPS version(it was not, it was not even MVA) and the ACT7029 was supposed to be a quad A9 but it was a lie, it was actually a quad A5 performed worse than the 800mhz C71 some times and the seller would not take it back so I gave it away.

Then I replaced it with the Novo 7 flame which I love and I thought it was good enough to give to my mom, so she uses it and loves it but I wanted something to read my manga and comics on with a 4:3 screen so I bought the Teclast P85(only minus is the battery life).

I bought a the new RK3188 tab but I am still waiting for it to get here

have the nexus 7 also

13. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:
    Cools

All I have is a tf201 and a kindle fire. Been thinking about flashing to kindle to CM10 or something

14. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    put ClockworkMod Recovery first so you can backup then you can flash it with any rom, if you wanna go back just recover your old stock rom :toast:

15. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:
    Ya I need to root it first. I put TWRP on my tf201, Idk if there is any advantage for CWM or if its just personal preference

16. 1freedude

1freedude

Thanks Received:
    No, these days, the advantage goes to twrp. 2.4.4.0 version.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
    Irony says thanks.
  17. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    I just got my wife and myself a pair of Ainol novo 9's good tablets so far. They have occasional crashes but nothing to bad. Overclocking mine to 1.25ghz seems to have fixed most issues. I am also loving the "retina display" looks good and is finally something with a proper resolution for its size.

18. caleb

Thanks Received:
    Hey

Need some consult with phone choice :
    - Galaxy S Advance = 40 euro
    - Galaxy SII Plus NFC = 150 euro

Prices are strange cause I get these from my employer and I just pay the difference between the standard ones.

They seem pretty similar and i wonder if its worth the extra euro ?

19. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    well the SII plus is indeed more interesting than a S plus (more power more "new") and 150eur for it isnt too much

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=4115&c=samsung_gt-i9105_galaxy_s_ii_plus edit i saw its the S advance not the Plus ... :)

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&...gt-i9001_galaxy_s_plus__galaxy_s_2011_edition

or if the SII plus is that one ? (not out so not likely to be that one xD)
    http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=3767&c=samsung_sgh-t989_galaxy_sii_plus_samsung_hercules

anyway the SII plus is better than the S advance (there is 2 model the 2011 and one with NFC support)
    http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=3412&view=1&c=samsung_gt-i9070p_galaxy_s_advance_nfc

well even with a Broadcom SoC the SII is worth the offer you have

and i got myself a Nexus 7 8gb (not much space but i have a Owncloud server so it doesnt matter)

caleb says thanks.
  20. caleb

Thanks Received:
    It is the samsung_gt-i9105_galaxy_s_ii_plus with NFC
    Yeah I ordered that one. Thanks for your reply.

TommyT and GreiverBlade say thanks.
  21. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    no problems i try to help when i can

despise my actual hate for Samsung... XD they do good phone but they tend to become too much like Apple ... trying to crush all oposition, its normal indeed but ... not in the way they intend.

also not mentioning pricing ... before : Android phone where a good alternative to Apple for way less $$$ but with Samsung a S3/4 is on par with iPhone 5 pricing ... and same "no innovation" on both side ...

im glad HTC is still kicking (the HTC One is innovative yet not repair friendly) and the others brand too, chinese good brand (not only cheap copy, i mean, IE: Oppo MI, UMI. Jiayu and such) show you can do a phone with a decent price and perf/cost ratio.

Edit: but a SII Plus NFC at 150eur is indeed a good phone

22. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    iPhones/Android phones has pretty much always cost the same, at least here. HTC One, iPhone 5, Xperia Z, Blackberry Z10 and the S4 are all in the same price bracket (looking at the base models anyway, the models with more memory can differ more). The cheapest of the bunch is the Nokia Lumia 920.

23. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    allways ... no ...

still i prefere Android over iOS i sold my leftover iPad and got a Nexus 7 but i changed from a iPhone 4s to a UMI X1 (i owned enough iDevice and Android tab/phone to be objective i think ... or at last i hope)

what i say is : they charge premium price with minor innovation, tho i reckon there is not much room for innovation now,i mean usefull one not, flexible screen or other design trick, smartphones are near perfect now on hardware side ... only power/energy efficiency is to come,

but Software can evolve more, and Android shown to be more innovative than iOS (im not saying off course that apple is crap and android rulzz... im not enough a fanboy to affirm that ... im just a geek o_O)

also i share your point ... Lumia series are kinda price/hardware efficient ... if only WP8 was more ... well i dont know ...

but look a Oppo find 5 or a UMI X2, Xiaomi m2s or some Pantech phone even Google Nexus series perf/price ratio ... nothing that any international brand can reach.

i know, chinese : cheap plastic/polycarbonat but well ... rather pay the correct price for that than the price of a S3/S4

i wonder why i still like HTC ... maybe because i go my One X at 1chf and if i did choose a S3 with same contract i would had to put 148chf more

about the Google Nexus 4 i dont understand the 299$ in playstore and the 499$++ in physical store ... (ok there is some taxes but 200$ more ? really? )

24. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:

the S3/S4 can do so much that an iphone cant, and i say that as an iphone 5 owner.

the media playback capabilities are far superior, the HDMI capabilities... (well, they dont really exist for the iphone 5).

Their phones also drop in price much faster than apple - if you dont rush to buy it at launch, they're about half hte price of the equivalent iphone.

25. TommyT New Member

Thanks Received:
    Im happer owner of S2 Plus for couple of weeks...

very good phone just i read that this model do not use gorilla glass...