1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Google Android users clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by crazy pyro, Nov 15, 2009.

1. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    indeed thats also a point :laugh:

Additional_Details
    Built-in;accelerometer: Supported
    Additional;Features:
    capacitive touchscreen
    >>>>>>>>>>>>Gorilla Glass screen<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    built-in digital compass
    GPRS Class 12
    EDGE Class 12
    HSPA+ 21Mbps
    HSUPA 5.76Mbps
    TouchWiz Nature UX
    DLNA
    Touch Focus
    Bluetooth stereo audio profile (A2DP
    AVCRP)
    WiFi Direct

it does, according to pdadb.net and usualy they are pretty accurate (my One X used gorilla glass too before taking a hit on the side xD my UMI X1 has a "tempered glass" well ... it scratch a bit quicker xD)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  2. TommyT New Member

Thanks Received:
    http://www.phonearena.com/phones/co...-II-Plus,Samsung-Galaxy-S-II/phones/7646,5106

3. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    Well i tend to trust more pdadb th an GSM arena ...oh its phone arena... Even worse xD

Oh well gorilla glass or not its all the same in the end, GG ils only a commercial argument to raise the price... Ofc they are more resistant but its nowhere near what they claim it is.

My One X was GG and did break on a nothing, while my UMI X1 didnt (ok GG is "scratch resistant" indeed but people tend to think its "unbreakable" xD)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  4. 1nf3rn0x

1nf3rn0x

Thanks Received:
    Just installed android revolution on my HTC one x. Battery life is amazing so is perf[​IMG]

GreiverBlade says thanks.
  5. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    i prefer Antutu over Quadrant, still its a nice improvement over a stock One X ... duh i miss my One X :roll:

do yourself a favor : root the phone (i suspect its allready done) instal Lucky Patcher(i know i know ..."semi piracy tools") and remove google ads from your apps xD (i use LP only for G Ads removing on some apps, even when it says 28% chance my app runs without google ads ... very practical for Manga reader/searcher)

6. 1nf3rn0x

1nf3rn0x

Thanks Received:

Why'd you get rid of your One X? And yes my phone is rooted :)

GreiverBlade says thanks.
  7. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    well he took a hit on the side, i didnt had time to do myself the reparation (or fund) so i sold it to get a Umi X1 and a MP700 then resold the MP700 (Allwinner A13 is too slow for me >.< ) and got a Nexus 7

the Umi is 3time lower on antutu score than the One X but still do all i need from a smartphone and the Nexus 7 is my new "tinker-toy" perf/price ratio is just awesome (even for a tegra3)

LP link (the version will autoupdate once launched) clean (some version of LP are mallware or trojan) if its not allowed to link to that apk let me know (still its not only for app cracking but rather a multitools wisely used its usefull for all poweruser)
    https://mega.co.nz/#!lFtxjaYA!GcCG_XghlQw089QspBU5aSuuFZp_ix2xb78fXcoNDw4

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  8. 1freedude

1freedude

Thanks Received:
    I have a question...can a locked USA T-Mobile 4g phone use a European T-Mobile SIM? Or is an unlock required?

My brother is going to Norway, and I'm gonna give him my old phone. I can get it unlocked easily, but is it necessary?

9. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    maybe you should ask thsat question to your operator? 1 do it need to be unlocked 2 will it work under LTE/4G in norway.

it should be easier (or just unlock it ... its not necessary its obligatory no smartphone shall be locked!!! :laugh: :roll: :laugh: )

1freedude says thanks.
  10. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    quite likely it will need to be unlocked. just do it anyway.

1freedude says thanks.
  11. 1freedude

1freedude

Thanks Received:
    I will do that, thanks

12. DaveK

DaveK

Thanks Received:
    Just got my HTC One. These things are stupidly difficult to get on my network. They're out of stock everywhere but I managed to get this one. Apparently it was put away for someone but they didn't show up so fuck them there's a massive waiting list and I need it lol.

The screen on my Galaxy S2 has been smashed since February and as of last week I've been unable to hear calls on either the earpiece or loudspeaker so it's nice to be able to make calls.

It's early days yet but no phone has checked this many boxes since my Nokia N95 8GB back in 2009 and that's including the Galaxy S2. The speakers are fantastic, it's probably the most overlooked feature on a phone and very few phones do them right. The screen is nice and bright, the build is solid and the camera works a treat. I would have preferred at least 5MP resolution but it's a small tradeoff for the better camera, let's face it we'd all love 13MP but in real world situations the HTC One shines, how many of us are actually in photo studio conditions? The 720p60 sample I saw on the net looked like upscaled VGA but it looked ok when I recorded one on my phone, maybe the new update fixed that? I'll have to see on my PC lol. The internal camera is pretty wide too which is appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, wanted a One, but Verizon didn't offer, and there's now way I'm paying out of network to get one: not made of cash heheh.

So, quick question. I want an app that lets me block texts from about 3 different numbers. I've already got their calls sent straight to voice mail, but I'm considering an option that hangs up on them without voice mail, as long as it doesn't say something like "The recipient has hung up on you..." These are clients that have managed to grab my personal number, and I don't answer their calls. Yesterday one of them sent me a text when I was sitting in an office across the hall. It notified me, and I barely managed to get by quickly enough without them noticing it arrived when they asked if I got it. I don't want ANY notification I received it. No sound, no vibrate, just mark it read and move on. Any one have any experience with any of the options on the market?

14. Thrackan

Thrackan

Thanks Received:
    This problem asks for a social solution. It's actually very professional if you simply tell those clients they will not receive any assistance when they use your personal number.

15. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    i use avast antivirus to block any unwanted message or call, im pretty sick of advertising message and unknown phone so put them on sms and call filter and i can sleep well :D

16. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    Thx :). What kind of notification do you (and they) get when someone on the block list sends you a txt?

17. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    that feature is called a blacklist, many apps/custom roms offer that.

18. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    theres no notifications, if blocked the message not go to inbox but it wont give them any reply

Ahhzz says thanks.
  19. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    the blacklist feature i used to use gave me a silent notification that they'd tried to call/message, and they were hidden away in there (and not the regular call log/messaging app).

the other party got nothing, but i guess thats an option for some configs.

20. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    I just got a Kyocera Event from Virgin Mobile as a halfway phone till I can afford to get saved up for an unlocked ATT phone to put on straight talk.

Not too bad for a 60 dollar phone. It has Android ICS 4.0.4 instead of 2.3 like my ZTE N860 does.

The ZTE's gotta go in for an RMA since the mic quit working (others have the same issue as well and factory/ROM resets do not fix it) so I'll send it back, then I'll root/ROM it with a 4.x ROM.

21. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Stock Android (I'm on 4.0.3) offers a blacklist option, no texts, no outgoing notifications, if they do call it does show up in the call log, but no voicemail or anything like that. Plus no space on your phone taken up. I don't know about earlier versions of Android though.

Just go to the call log, click on the offending number, click on the "Options" button of your phone has one and then "Add to Reject List"

22. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:
    Hey, I'm having a little bit of a problem. Rooted my kindle fire and installed TWRP recovery, made backups. Then tried to install a CM10 but the flash keeps failing. Is there a specific directory the .zip should be placed on the kindle? Or could it be a bad file?

Also, in case anyone knows any way to fix it my 32gb micro SD seems to have crashed. I plugged it into my computer and it says format disk, I've tried it in several computers my phone and tablet, all say the same thing. Is there any way to save it? All my HD battlestar gallactica is on it lol

Crunching for Team TPU
  23. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    you could try a quick format and then a hard drive recovery tool (i think recuva gets mentioned a lot, theres heaps)

the flash itself might be dead - many dont last long.

Irony says thanks.
  24. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    I hate how you take an SD card from an Android 4.x device and stick it in a 2.3.x device and it says it's damaged.... grrr... so I gotta reformat and then I gotta put the data back on... Lucky I did a full backup in case I ran into this...

25. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, that worked great. Got all my music off. It didn't recognize the videos though; oh well.

I'm kindof new to flashing roms and everything, what do you mean the flash could be bad?

Crunching for Team TPU