1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Google Android users clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by crazy pyro, Nov 15, 2009.

1. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    I just got an extended battery for my GNEX gonna use it heavy and condition it.

I had to charge it for 10 hours and then I gotta drain this to like 8% and then charge another 10 then rinse and repeat for 4 x and then we shall see if the Hyperion 3500mA ext. batt. is good!

2. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    Got my G2 this week and it's like buttah :pimp:

GreiverBlade says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    Extended battery so far: over 4hr screen time

Normally its 2.3 he's by the time it gets this low.

Screenshot_2013-12-07-21-13-42.png

4. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:

wow thats.... pretty terrible for an extended battery. i get more than that off my stock battery.

kitkat is a bit crashy with the custom rom i'm on, but overall its very very nice. phone randomly reboots sometimes not really sure why, but it always boots back up in about 15s so it doesnt really annoy me much.

5. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    This isn't conditioned yet and also the sprint CDMA version is bad with battery compared to the gsm version.

I got 4 more cycles to do.

6. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    Yeah i remember first time when i use custom rom and it sometimes freezing and i have to take off the battery

7. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    kitkat just aint stable yet on the s4. just had two reboots in phone calls.

one of the major players on the i9505 is working on enabling dual boot on the rom for me, so i'll be able to swap between cyanogen mod kitkat (stable) and google edition kitkat (looks like nexus, lean and fast but unstable)

8. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    Screenshot_2013-12-07-22-04-34.png Screenshot_2013-12-07-21-47-04.png

9. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    when i see that pics im more impressed to see a One X with a non exchangeable battery under 2000mAh doing 4days or my S3 with the stock 2300mAh (not new tho) doing 2 day ... i had the option to take a extended 4400mAh (with a bulky battery cover) but as i read often in XDA "never trust non official battery, be it extended or standard: all cheap Chinese crap-bag, fake capacity. tho since its cheap people tend to forgive this trap."

i think i will take a 12000mAh .... external powerbank instead of a battery replacement, more legit, now if only XiaoMI would be so kind and release their in Europe that would be a major blast: 10400mAh aluminium casing (look like a iPod Shuffle tho ... but it's a XiaoMI device, what did you expect ahah) and 11$
    [​IMG]

and for 4.4 unstable on SGS4 its a good thing that the reboot isn't slow, for the SGS3 so far so good not even meant to get 4.4 soon but still near fully stable with it :D(no reboot no major FC at last)

also dual booting between Cm and Google style? application? practicality? because i don't see any due to the fact that you will have 2 ROM on a limited storage who will be more limited (unless you can use a reaaaaal good UHS-I µSD) also if it was for 2 different OS i could understand :) like testing SailfishOS or FirefoxOS or Ubuntu, cm is close of a stock google rom (closer than a Samsung rom at last) and the performance are good enough when you compare the two roms. but if dual boot is what rock your boat, its a good thing.

remixedcat and Mussels say thanks.
  10. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    The GNEX is notorious for bad battery. even with custom ROMs/kernels, etc I didn't know of this before I bought it but I didn't have much choice becuase the criteria:

under 150 including shipping and new airtime card
    android 4.0.4 or higher (allready on device)
    clean ESN
    sprint (I'm with a sprint MVNO that does not offer any android 4.x or higher phones under 300 dollars)
    4 inch or higher display
    paypal acceptance

and that was the only choice I had. :( I also had to replace my old phone in a pinch too as my last phone's mic died and it had trouble keeping mobile network signal a lot

I'm eventually gonna get something better and switch carriers, however I can't afford that right now. :(

11. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    GNEX is a SGS II basically. and i've seen SGS II do way better with stock battery and in permanent 3g mode.

Still i never heard of bad battery reputation for the GNEX, lots of my friend have one (but we live in Switzerland) and get around 2 days of use depending on "how heavy" is the daily usage, and they all have a external 10k (min) powerbank, but they only use it when we go fishing or skiing on more than a day :D one even has a solar powered 5000mAh battery :roll:

i've found a XiaoMI international re seller but its 29.90$ instead of 11$ even if its still a low price, its a blatant thievery he get them at 11$ and re sell at 29.90$ , even taking the taxes and port in account (suposed he do "free international delivery") the marging is still double from the original price ... oh wait it's 25% less than apple (joke)

and for the reason you got that GNEX awwwww i can understand, and a GNEX under 150$ is a pretty good deal, where i am you can't find them under 180-200 ... i had the same "limite" when i got my S3, 120$ more than 150$ limite, 4.7" minimal screen, and any android version , tho.

my UMI X1 was 4.5" 720p screen my One X was 4.7" 720p so under 4.5-7 i can't anymore :D

12. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    I prefer removable battery for worst scenario, my girlfriend has bad battery on galaxy tab and therez nothing to do since it cant be replaced

13. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    indeed still never had or heard any issue with a One X... on contrary of Apple, any heard of a Nexus 4 exploding? nope :D also i replaced a battery on a galaxy tab and i did put a One X+ battery in a One X :ohwell:

14. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    removable battery + 6600mah external for me. never need the external unless i'm going away on holiday, and it gives me about 2.5 recharges (so upto a week if i dont use it much)

15. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    +1 to that. I've got a 10k Anker, and a 6600 for the fiancee.

5 Million points folded for TPU
  16. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:

It is a one X international, I have this Rom on it-
    Android revolution HD 31.3
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1562603

Seems ok upto now, might try CM 10 though

17. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    well the RevoHD is a good one too i tried it but i tend to prefer a pure AOSP/AOKP or cm

18. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    Trying the 2nd cycle...

1hr 9 mn in... 80% left...

19. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    Whats the best AOSP rom then?

20. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    hard to tell without testing, and my One X broke before i could flash anything on it except the RevoHD. but the Sentinel i linked previously Cm10,2 based is a AOSP based (as are many rom around here)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  21. Thrackan

Thrackan

Thanks Received:
    Ugh, I like my new Nexus 4, but the battery is pretty lame.

Either way, I can live with that, but I noticed 4.4 is quite unstable at some points. I tried transferring all my pics and movies onto the internal mem using my laptop, but it took me 7-8 tries until everything was copied. The media component keeps crashing.

Still haven't found out whether this 4.4 is the actual Google ROM or something custom, since the phone does have TWRP Recovery installed.

But damn, I love this phone! The screen is a little on the large side, but the resolution is pretty cool.

22. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    custom recovery cant affect anything in the OS. they arent even on the same partition, nor running at the same time.

23. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    i think he meant : maybe its a custom rom on it since there is a custom recovery, which would explain the crashes, but normaly atm a Nexus 4 should have a pure google 4.4 afaik

Temasek's V17 : 4.4.1 again so far so good : signal/ui/smoothness/camera/stability.... i'm quite impressed of cm teams work (duh i forgot that Tema just compile it from cm sources :D)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  24. Thrackan

Thrackan

Thanks Received:
    My point exactly :)

25. Doc41

Doc41

Thanks Received:
    Special thanks to my man @GreiverBlade for helping me out in flashing my S3 to this:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

For now i'll be testing this CM 10.2 to see if its to my liking, if not i might try temasek's kitkat version or something

Crunching for Team TPU