1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Google Android users clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by crazy pyro, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    got some new tools coming in for screen repairs.

short version: you can pry off the glass, clean off the liquid adhesive + regular adhesive, replace glass and have a working phone.

buuuuut, it seems to cause issues with the S3's i've repaired where the touchscreen 'overloads' sometimes and you have to power it off and on (the screen, not the whole phone) to make it work again.

got some acetone + alcohol wipes coming in to clean it better, and what they call "OCA" adhesive - basically a sticky sheet instead of an annoying to apply liquid adhesive, designed to fill the gap and stop this problem.

got two phones i've repaired with this method to test it on and see if it fixes the problems, if it does expect pics and such here.
  2. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    hey mussels where would you suggest getting a replacement screen for my nexus 5? I am having trouble finding it for anything less than $140(ebay). It may not be possible but figured it's worth asking. thanks ;)
  3. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Had to send back my HTC one to store because vodaphone mobile internet coverage was shit.So i decided to switch to EE with some research and hopefully my new nexus 5 will Kick ass.
  4. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    ebay, thats it. some phones you can replace the glass seperate, but if you need an LCD enjoy the prices. look up what they cost for an S4/note III... and then realise they need a special UV cured liquid adhesive on top :/
    digibucc says thanks.
  5. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    Hmm, to Kitkat or not to Kitkat...[​IMG]
  6. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    I'm a big fan of kitkat, why would you not?
  7. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    well, OTG was disabled/ not functioning on the new kitkat for Moto G, but it seems Motorola made changes on the dual sim version (in which i have) and brought back USB OTG on the Moto G and even improved it, The single sim version just also received the newer update as well and also brings back the native USB OTG.

Now downloading the update ^__^

And lol at some sellers selling their mobile gadgets for extremely high price because Flappy Bird is installed, even locally hey are exploiting it.
  8. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    its hilarous because on android you can literally copy paste the .apk with any file explorer, and install it to any android device.
  9. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    Even if i can do manual install, i would not like such game on my device, what's so good about it anyway that everyone here is goin nuts over it? Just tap tap over the pipes and get hi score. Fb news feed gets flooded with it -___-
  10. Mussels

Thanks Received:

people liked it because anyone could play, and they could watch them fail. there is amusement in watching people get so angry over a game thats barely harder than the original mario games :p
  11. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
  12. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    My Moto X has 4.4.2 been using it for a couple days I like it.
  13. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    the S3! yes!

my tab 3 8.0! also yes! (its on 4.1.2 for whatever reason, samsung dropped the ball on launch there)
  14. droopyRO

droopyRO

Thanks Received:
    Is there a player witch has the following function, to repeat a part of a song/mix lets say from 53' to 58' by giving the player a star point(in) and an end poin(out) and then repeating between the two ? i had a funtion like that in a cheap mp3 player called iRiver E100. Thanks.
  15. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
  16. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    got my S4 updated to samsungs 4.4.2 earlier than expected, using the Echoe V15 rom + Ktoonz kernel with a build.prop tweak to get wifi working.

Thankfully its all playing nice despite me being on the old 4.2.2 bootloader - meaning i've managed to avoid KNOX and can run any rom i want without voiding any warranty crap.

(to those who dont know: samsungs 4.3 and 4.4 roms include a new security feature that voids your "knox warranty" if you root or custom recovery, and 100% cockblocks you from ever downgrading your rom to an older official version)
  17. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:

well once on a good custom ROM 98.97% of the S4 user won't go back to a Sambloat ROM so Knox is just a mean to scare regular user who eventually think about going custom to try and fall back to stock after.

but it can f**k you up if you brick the phone (which will likely never happen ... Galaxy phones are virtually unbrickable )

ohhh a JB rom for my Xplay ... fingers crossing for KK it would be the best option for a Xplay
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  18. Mussels

Thanks Received:

you can always odin restore back to stock whatever you were on, be it 4.3 or 4.4, knox gets restored but recovery mode notes you went custom.

i got mine second hand and have no warranty, but i sure as hell dont want anything to restrict my ROM choices - 4.4 has been buggy for ages, so i was dual booting 4.3+4.4 until this week, and the KNOX crap would have stopped me doing that (or going back to 4.2.2 if i had issues)
    GreiverBlade says thanks.
  19. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    ^this is why i say Galaxy line are virtually unbrickable
  20. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    pretty much. as long as the mainboard is intact you can buy every hardware part on ebay, and software unbrick at any time.

i guess thats the source of the hatred against KNOX - for a series of phones where ANYTHING can be undone or repaired, having one bit of software that cant be removed or undone as the stick in the mud...
  21. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    I have that same case on my tablet
  22. Mussels

Thanks Received:

i got a new case on my tab 3 8.0, is so pretty... has one of the magnets so it turns on and off when you open/close the lid... AND ITS BLUE
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  23. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    I REQUIRE LINK PLS
  24. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    Sir B. Fannybottom says thanks.
  25. Hugis

Hugis

Thanks Received:

Can you point me to the info about this update, cant find it ....

Ta :)