1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Google Android users clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by crazy pyro, Nov 15, 2009.

1. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    why? theres something that you wanna know, or personal impression?

2. Misaki

Misaki

Thanks Received:
    I used PowerAmp for 20 minutes, this player is just not for me. I'm an Apollo fanboy :laugh:

GreiverBlade says thanks.
  3. Durvelle27

Durvelle27

Thanks Received:
    Both as i'm looking for something to swap to. I currently have a LG G2 Rooted on Kitkat but it no longer wants to accept a charge no more what charger i've tried.

I would love to know

-Battery life
    -Screen Quality
    -Camera Quality (Pics would be awesome)
    -Front camera quality as i video chat alot and my G2's isn't that good
    -Feel of the phone
    -Overall impression

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i went from an iphone 5 to an s3, and all those things were better. then to an S4 and an N3 for more leaps in all areas.

S5 will crap all over an iphone 5s in every way.

5. 1nf3rn0x

1nf3rn0x

Thanks Received:
  6. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Im torn between a Find 7a & a Find 7 - The find 7 is the 'pro' or 'ultimate' version and the 7a obviously the lesser version but the spec you get for the money on the 7a can only be beaten by the HTC OnePlus One.

Im stuck in a bit of a bind because im trying to work the delivery into my work schedule which is going to be all hands on deck until the 29th, I only get Tuesdays & Saturdays off at the moment so shit is real difficult to time. The Find 7 (pro) should start shipping early july and I dont mind waiting if thats the case but I want something shiny to play with.

I dont mind waiting till the end of the month to order it but the desire is real.

some of the changes on the Find 7 compared to the 7a are:

-Slightly faster CPU - bit of a moot point since theres only 200-300mhz difference between them.

-bigger screen res, higher DPI - Ive heard a lotta people say bigger res screens take up a lot more processing power and because of that it ends up eating more battery in the long run. - Also a bit of a moot point as the 7a screen is roughly about the same as Note 3 in terms of quality & DPI and that screen is just delicious.

-bigger battery, 3000mAh compared to 2800mAh though the extra capacity means little if the screen is going to end up eating it all anyway......

-More Ram - 3GB compared to 2GB - Not that it matters much when it comes to Oppo handsets as they have always supported running 3rd party ROMs on their handsets, it would be real easy to just flash the handset to gummy and lose all the bloat which is the main problem im currently having with my S3. 3GB isnt necessary but it would make the handset a little more future proof as I tend to keep my phones for a minimum of 2-3years before upgrading. even with 2GB on the 7a ram usage shouldnt be a problem with custom roms. the only issue is google apps being a resource hog.

Judging by the specs, which handset out of the two would you go for?

7. Doc41

Doc41

Thanks Received:
    The only difference i see between the Find 7a and Find 7 is:
    Find 7:
    1440p
    32GB mem 3GB RAM
    stereo speakers
    Find 7a:
    1080p
    16GB mem 2GB RAM
    single speaker?

if there is a big difference in price i would get the 7a, unless you're considering other brands

Personally i don't believe in any resolution bigger than 1080p for mobile devices or any screen that's smaller than 7" as i don't think it would make a huge difference plus i think it would consume a lot of power to run @1440p.
    heck my 24" monitor is 1080p and i don't see myself getting a 5.5" screen with a bigger resolution than my much bigger monitor:roll:

ps. its not HTC, the company is called OnePlus and the phone One, not to be confused with HTC one

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    but its all about dat 3GB ram :p

Meh - so long as the screen is roughly about the same as a Note 3 then im more than happy. gonna get it and install Gummy on it.

9. Doc41

Doc41

Thanks Received:
    would have suggested the Z2 but its screen is 0.3" smaller and the price is just ... wow :p

anyway the Find 7a looks like a very solid phone, looking forward for pics and review :D

Crunching for Team TPU
  10. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    The Z2 is IMMENSELY more expensive compared to the Find 7a. One of the only reason why the 7a is top choice for me is because of the price compared to whats out there. Its not far off the price i payed for my S3 about 2 years back, I dont want an GS5 either. A friend of mine was thinking about an upgrade from his S4 and i offered to buy his it but hes changed his mind now.

I'll put in an order on thursday, or friday, that way it should arrive on my day off.

Nvm, i decided to put in an order anyway Fingers crossed that it arrives on friday - Ive managed to shift my schedule around a little

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  11. Doc41

Doc41

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  12. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    My Find 7a was delivered this morning but i didnt have time to mess with it as i had work. Im home from work now and even though i have rooted the handset, Im having no amount of success trying to make sense of the forums to load up Gummy Rom. And its making me fucking furious that i might just straight up down a pint of whisky.

According to the thread on oppo forums i have to some how change the normal oppo recovery to CWM one but i have no idea how to do it and gummy rom straight up wont install because the rom isnt an official rom.

If theres anybody out that can save my liver and a trip to the hospital to have my stomach pumped, please help me. I dont want to start using this phone till ive got rid of colour OS.

Heres the thread on XDA forums http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2758638

and the thread on oppo forums http://www.oppoforums.com/threads/rom-aosp-find7a-team-gummy-rom.15593/

13. Doc41

Doc41

Thanks Received:
    Try this, as the dev of the ROM himself uses twrp as i read, description on how to flash it in twrp's site too

FreedomEclipse says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  14. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I tried TWRP manager. it wouldnt download so i tried a manual install... Still wouldnt get rid of stock recovery

15. Doc41

Doc41

Thanks Received:
    have you tried this specific method and it didn't work?

sorry man, not sure on how to help you further as i have never used the adb/fastboot method before "although it seems fairly simple", and am not familiar with the bootloader of the oppo.
    might want to wait for someone familiar with this to log in and see if they can help?

Crunching for Team TPU
  16. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Not tried that method, I was going to be then I had so much shit to download - android manager and drivers etc etc and i just gave up...

17. Doc41

Doc41

Thanks Received:
    try the hidden link in that post, he seems to have made a lightweight and simple installer.

Crunching for Team TPU
  18. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I cba with it at the moment, its 4.19am im tired as fuck and ive just done updating and installing all my apps on the stock colorOS - gonna roll with this for a while and see how it is before i go back to attempting to load a new OS.

Thanks for your help though. I'll most likely give it another go after ive had some sleep, that way my head is clear

19. Doc41

Doc41

Thanks Received:
    No problem;), it's 6:30 for me and have only slept for an hour and right now will be heading for a trip outside the country.
    Would like to help more but after I have returned home tomorrow:D

Crunching for Team TPU
  20. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Well.... It too many hours, and the struggle was real. but with a random guys help in the XDA forums i managed to get Gummy 4.4.4 running on my handset. :) Now all i need to do is go through and reinstall all my shit.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
    Doc41 says thanks.
  21. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    nice you go to 4.4.4
    and the boring and the difficult part is reinstall all the apps and setting it back like before
    titanium backup may help you when you backup your apps and data but the rest still need manually set

22. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    be careful using titanium to restore apps between different android versions, it doesnt always work out well.

23. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    well I didnt have many apps on my phone anyway - just the normal stuff & some extra's like currency converter, City Mapper, Dolphin browser & Power amp. I might of had 2 or 3 small games like jewelstar installed.

Though it is kind of funny that I have a $541 handset and all i do with it is message on hangouts or whatsapp, send the odd text & make a few calls while 99% of the time my phone is being used as an mp3 player more than anything else.

Though stepping up from an S3 that didnt have LTE but was bogged down by a shit tonne of bloatware Id say it was a worthwhile upgrade. Tethering gets me about 10-15mbps DL & Upload is about 20mbps on LTE/4G not the best but better than the 5mbps DL i was getting on 3G or HSDPA. This service provider really throttles the connection hard but another way to look at it now is that im on 4G and still have unlimited tethering, the same tariff has been discontinued but they wont change my contract because ive been with them a long time. The ISP doesnt do unlimited tethering anymore on any tariff So i pretty much have unlimited broadband for $30 & i NEVER go over the limit of my free mins or messages so i dont pay any extra :p

Gonna upload some new pics in a bit.

::EDIT::

Unfortunately Ive discovered that my Sandisk 64Gig microSD wont work in this phone :( the data on it has been corrupted so thats about 35gigs of music I have to put back on the new one once the new replacement comes in.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  24. Mussels

Thanks Received:

dont feel bad at all, i've got a note 3, four S4's (trying to sell 3 of em, locals here are idiots who wont pay more than scrap prices) and various other samsungs... and most of em just sit around as youtube watchers around the house, so i dont have to get up to watch something. heater? note 1. bedroom? tab 3. lounge? S4 MHL'd to the TV. bedroom? another S4, another TV. car? another S4, just as a BT media player.

25. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Well my S3 will be sold off soon enough just keeping hold of it until i know this oppo wont suddenly all up and fail on me. Everything should be ok though. The handset does feel a little light and somewhat cheap but its a lot of phone for the money. Reminds me a lot of my Xperia Arc S that i loved