1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Google Android users clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by crazy pyro, Nov 15, 2009.

1. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    Effin stop it B. LMAO
  2. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    LOL :( Ok

[​IMG]
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. LordJummy

LordJummy New Member

Thanks Received:
    So anyone seen the latest supposed Galaxy S3 leaked pic? The teaser pic looks amazing if real. I'm keeping my GS2 and Nexus until the GS3 comes out. Everything else is a sidegrade.

The new EVO 4G LTE looks quite beefy though. I'm just not an HTC fan. Had a lot of hardware issues with my past HTC phones..

Oh btw you know they have teamviewer for android right?
  4. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm currently looking around for a new android phone on verizon. My galaxy s is gettin really annoyin. I took it into the store and the guy there had no idea what i was talkin about. He offered me to switch to iphone and I said f* that. Not going back. I was lookin at the LG Spectrum. It looks nice. I would like to have gotten the galaxy s II but att tok it. I was never a samsung fan in the first place. LG fan boy here. Anyone got any suggestions on what I should get on the verizon network of course. Could go droidx or something but to many ppl have it. I don't like to run with the crowd. I like a wagon all to my self and a few friends lol.

A few major issues I'm having with my Galaxy S:
    My galaxy s keeps runnin apps I don't use and it bogs down the memory. I have to keep closing them when I want to use the net. When I try turning the screen off it takes a screen shot over and over. I have to sit there constantly pressing the back button just to turn screen off. Weird I know. Also it like to close apps on me when I'm using them. But they just don't close, They backspace all the way to beginning then closes. You can be several pages into the net and it'll do that. which means you have to reopen net, do search thru pages just to get back to where you were cause it doesn't record what you did to put it into history.
  5. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    tried another OS? galnet MIUI is working well for me on my galaxy S and a friends, and it has a nice 'app killer' button to insta free ram. screenshot is handled by back and volume down at the same time, so if you have a physical button screwing with your screenies, the changed buttons would negate it.
  6. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    Well I have officially got a Smartphone! First time to really use one ever, there is so much stuff I don't even know where to start!

Any things that I should get for my phone?

4G LTE is over 15x my home internet speed im getting around 10Mb+ on my phone.
    Got the brand new
    Samsung Galaxy S Aviator
    : 1GHz Proc (sadly Single core, but the most intensive thing im going to do is surf web.)
    Around 400MB ram
    8MP
    4.3 Super AMOLED
    4G DorA + LTE
    Came with a 16GB SD!
  7. LordJummy

LordJummy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Get the Galaxy Nexus. You won't regret it :)
  8. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    I saw the name of thread (google android) just a silly question is there any other androids than google? If there arent why then the google?
  9. LordJummy

LordJummy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Really?

They wrote "Google Android" to specify that we're talking about Google's Android operating system, not human-like robots.
    Jaffakeik says thanks.
  10. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    oh i got you,had completely forgot about those androids.so its my bad to not know it :):banghead:
  11. El Fiendo

El Fiendo

Thanks Received:
    Unfortunately I just checked Galnet today and they seemed to have closed their doors. It's a shame because I just moved over from Darky's due to the lack of ICS. MIUI is providing more English translations but I'm still wary to flash and try it. For that matter I could try MIUI US.

Any other suggestions for a I9000 ICS that isn't CM9 (Team Hacksung) or Onecosmic's?
  12. Mussels

Thanks Received:

WHAT THE SHIT.

i'm glad i just got their roms, because if i hadnt, my phone would be useless (the only OS to include a feature to disable the proxy sensor)

edit: i can send you the files if you want them via email. just PM me. you will ofc need a rooted phone with clockwordmod installed.
  13. El Fiendo

El Fiendo

Thanks Received:

I'm on the official MIUI now, and really with how much I end up modifying it may as well have been Galnet's to begin with. I haven't searched for anything to disable the proximity sensor yet, but I'm sure there's got to be a few others that offer it. I'm just glad they closed up when they did, as I was thinking about donating last week and would've been a tad pissed had they closed right after.
  14. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    in galnets its under:

settings -> programs -> call settings -> answer settings -> enable proxy sensor

please tell me if its there or not, because i literally cant use an OS without it since my sensor is FUBAR.
  15. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    Anyone heard anything on these? LG Spectrum, Galaxy Journal, Droid RAZR MAXX. The LG is out now, the other two come out sometime this yr prob round spring. Trying to get the jump on deciding So I can prob get somethin new round release date. And this is on the Verizon carrier.
  16. JrRacinFan

Thanks Received:
    Never heard of the Galaxy Journal but any of those you get are nice. Loving my Rezound so that may give you another choice.
  17. El Fiendo

El Fiendo

Thanks Received:

It has a bit of a different layout, but it would appear its there. On mine, I had to go into the Phone app, and then select settings. Once there, I scrolled down and found settings for "Enable Proximity Sensor" as well as "Enforce Proximity Sensor".
    Mussels says thanks.
  18. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    thanks man, good to know i can go back to that OS if i need to
  19. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    long battery life, fast phone :)
    JrRacinFan says thanks.
  20. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    I've looked at the S3, since it doesn't look like the HTC One line is coming to Verizon :banghead:
  21. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
  22. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    How well are apps on it? I looked it up some and it looks sweet. I'm gonna look it up again and get measurements to see how it compares in size to my Galaxy S.

The Galaxy Journey is renamed from Galaxy Note. "5.3 screen (my fav part). Not sure on how it runs tho. I've been lookin around on here. I'm use to a phone the size of an iphone since I had one for a lil over 2yrs.

It sucks we're not getting the Galaxy S3. Last I heard it was goin to att.
    JrRacinFan says thanks.
  23. JrRacinFan

Thanks Received:
    Compared to the Iph4, its "taller" and about as thick. As far as apps, very snappy and totes the best display of any smartphone, with that though comes thee battery draw disadvantage
  24. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    looks like it was built for music. Hows that sound on it? I don't play music on mine. Mainly just a few apps and a game time to time. I mianly use it for email, text, tpu app, craigslist and google earth.

It does have a "4.3 screen compared to my "4. Its about an "1 taller then mine. Its startin to look better and better the more I look at it. I just need to get some hands on to see how it functions. I can prob do that this wkend if I remember.
  25. JrRacinFan

Thanks Received:
    May want to act quickly as I think the sale price ($49) ends soon. Yeah its mainly built for media/games. Netflix looks very good on this.