1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Google Becomes World’s Most Valuable Brand

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, Apr 23, 2007.

1. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    Millward Brown, one of the leading UK-based research companies, today said that the "Google" is now the world’s most valuable brand. The firm’s name is now valued at about twice the amount of IBM, three times Disney or five times Yahoo. Google has risen to the top of this year's ranking, taking the number one spot with a brand value of $66,434 million. This was followed by General Electric ($61,880 million), Microsoft ($54,951 million) and Coca-Cola ($44,134 million).

Source: Millward Brown

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  2. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Impressive for a site that is essentially free to consumers. I know that you have to put up with adverts and there is some paid for software, but Google really has come a long way by offering a clean interface, good search results and less 'in your face' adverts than its competitors.

3. anticlutch

anticlutch New Member

Thanks Received:
    If I had only invested money into Google... :(

4. LonGun

LonGun New Member

Thanks Received:
    :D well its not too late to start moving your belonging investments to google's driveway now, is it? hehe

5. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Does the money come from all the google coffee mugs or somethin? It's all a scam RUN before they google YOU!!!

6. Dark Ride Mushkin Rep

Thanks Received:
    It means that the name alone is worth $66,434 million, if it were for sale. Which is highly unlikely.

7. ex_reven New Member

Thanks Received:
    wow...
    thats actually good to hear actually

google are the richest, least bastardy company i know :D

8. LonGun

LonGun New Member

Thanks Received:
    no way google corporation worths or richer than company like microsoft, ibm, etc.. it may makes sense if its name "Google" is. Although Google may contributed largely to the world community as a Search Engine site, it still cannot equal or more in comparison to many other companies out there (except for the company's name... ?) .. ok.. now that doesn't makes a lot of sense to me after read what I wrote lol .. :confused:

9. Misiowiec New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow, talk about an overinflated balloon. Yes, I am in the ranks of avid Google-users (daily in fact) but can people please take a step back and realise that much of the "value" is actually reputation which can deflate very easily. In addition this is the opinion of one company that focuses on perceived value as of opposed tangible value. Yes, Google is great but it doesn't even come close to sliced bread.

10. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Very impressive indeed. I remember when it was just a seach engine, and an awesome one at that. Now, they have taken that same attitude and applied it to a multitude of software and desktop enhancements that are unobtrusive, low maintenance, resource hogging free and pretty damn useful. I dont think there is anything Google hasnt come out with that I havent found a need for. Sure, I dont use their checkout feature really, but its not bad.

As far as investing goes. As long as its prices continue to rise, and it has, its still a damn good investment. However, it would have been nice to jump on board like 2 or 3 years ago, when the stock price was low. I should have done that.