1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Google Home Page slow to load

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Bald Eagle, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Bald Eagle

Bald Eagle New Member

Thanks Received:
    I know this is old hat, but Google takes ages to load at start-up and I am seeking a clever answer as to why.

I use Firefox 11 and this problem has been well whined about by users with updated version of Firefox and the joke of all time - by users of Chrome - where Google`s Home Page takes minutes to load, even on their own software ! Unbelievable.

Have you any pearl`s of wisdom for tweaking the system and coaxing Google to come out of it`s shell a bit quicker ?
  2. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Dump all cookies. Never had this issue with IE or Chrome. Chances are you have a plug-in causing this.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  3. jgunning

jgunning

Thanks Received:
    What happens with other browsers..?the same?
  4. Bald Eagle

Bald Eagle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Dear JG, I am so sorry to be this late, but I have not been on the Forum for a while and have just seen your post.

Please see my post No.15 under "Standby shuts computer down" in the General Software section. It will explain my previous dilemma of unknowingly blaming Google, Windows and just about everybody and everything else for faults that my inadequate overloaded 512 MB of memory was guilty of.

Since I doubled the memory to 1 GB, everything is now fine. Start-up is fast and all web responses, including Google now opens quickly. All OK now. I had no idea that my pathetically low memory was the cause of all my troubles, so I asked for help. Luckily your post was only No.3, so I never wasted too much time.

Many thanks for your reply.
    jgunning says thanks.
  5. Evan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Now Google is opening ultra fast. Problem is resolved. :rockout:
    Bald Eagle says thanks.