1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

got my hopes up for GOW2!

Discussion in 'Games' started by choppy, Feb 23, 2008.

1. choppy

choppy

Thanks Received:
  2. Shizelbs New Member

Thanks Received:
    Seeing as how GOW is the best game ever, I am pretty excited for the sequel.
  3. Oliver_FF

Oliver_FF New Member

Thanks Received:
    I can't wait for it either, the original was simply amazing.
  4. Skrabrug

Skrabrug New Member

Thanks Received:
    I heard its not going to be on PC.. if thats the case I wont be looking forward to it : /
  5. das müffin mann

das müffin mann New Member

Thanks Received:
    the first was pretty good, but knowing M$ they'll port it over to pc, or else...
  6. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    Ive had GoW for about 1 month now, PC version, havent even played it for more then 10 minutes. I need to give it another chance, but as soon as I mapped all my keys and found I couldn't jump I was like...WTF!!! No jump! Even with most 2d scrollers you could jump...

Am I wrong here. Can you jump? If not, with all the hype it must be worth playing.
  7. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    No jump, but it is never needed. I played it on Xbox 360 and now on PC, I can honestly say that the PC is SO much better. I hope that GOW2 is on PC as well, but since I have a 360, I really dont care either way.
  8. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I, for one, can't wait for that! it looks like a sweet game and i so want it!
  9. Shizelbs New Member

Thanks Received:
    Give it some time. It takes a while to get used to, but it is certainly worth it.
  10. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Well im playing the original GOW just now and i can say the graphics are much better than the xbox 360 and i get 60fps on pc.

With my new mouse aiming is so much better but running and moving is slower, i found the 360 pad on the pc to be faster to use but less accurate.

The game on pc has extras so it is obviously a more polished game.

What i find so bad about gears is that when you go to chainsaw if you get shot your chainsaw turns off and you cant rip the cord until you stop getting shot. IMO its much easier to sneak up and kill them with the saw or shot them for a bit and see if you can saw them, much faster to shot them up close if you need to.

Ill prolly get gears of war 2 on 360 since i have a 360.
  11. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    GOW 1 on PC crashed CONSTANTLY on me. I think it's the stupid "Live" integration, because I've never had this happen to me before. Did it on XP, tried on Vista, did the same thing. No pattern to it, except it never lets me have it running for more than ten minutes.

I hope Fry's gives me my money back instead of another copy that probably won't work...

Just watched the video. Their destructable environment seems sweet. If they can pull that off and make EVERYTHING destructable, they're gonna make millions.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  12. Skrabrug

Skrabrug New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think i was one fo the only ppl I've come across that didn't have any errors with GoW (well apart from one which took a few minutes to fix)
  13. das müffin mann

das müffin mann New Member

Thanks Received:
    @danish i had the same problem you did, i think it does have to do with the live thing
  14. choppy

choppy

Thanks Received:
    what i loved about GOW was that it was different. you knew it was money well spent cos it wasnt a traditional shooter. you had to spend time with it to master it and once you did you were too engrossed with the graphics and cutting up bad guys to let it go. they need to keep it an xbox exclusive!!
  15. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I don't think they won't keep it xbox exclusive. Because of the fact that its a title for xbox that can get them money! A real good one at that.
    So I am safe to say that its going to stay on the xbox, and may be ported to PC.