1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Got some questions about water cooling accessories.

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Dabode, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Dabode New Member

Thanks Received:
    So I'm about ready to pull the trigger on my water cooling, but want to make sure I'm getting the best stuff I can. I think I've got my VGA waterblocks picked out, but need advice on getting the best possible water pump and 3x120 rad. I'm going to be getting some pretty mean fans(highest cf/m I can find) for the rad in a push/pull setup, and I want to know what people think is the best performer. I also want to know what you all think is the best water pump as far as reliability is concerned. I appreciate any and all advice. :)
  2. b82rez New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just suscribing to this blog because I would like to know the same thing! :laugh:
  3. JATownes

JATownes

Thanks Received:
    For your rad, I would be more concerned with static pressure than CFM. Static pressure is the ability of the fan to push through an obstruction, like a radiator. I would suggest the Gentle Typhoons.
  4. TIGR

Thanks Received:
    Dabode, I sent you a PM about some extra Delta fans I have here (they're brand new, 150CFM, cheap if you're interested).
    Dabode says thanks.
  5. Dabode New Member

Thanks Received:
    Cool Thanks!
  6. Dabode New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sure, link me to an out os stock item. :rolleyes:
  7. b82rez New Member

Thanks Received:
    Whats a good RAD/PUMP?
  8. JATownes

JATownes

Thanks Received:
    :roll: I didn't even notice that. You can find them elsewhere also. Sorry about that. Really though, they are great fans. High CFM is great for case fans, but static pressure is critical for a rad or heatsink. There was a thread about this a while back, let me see if I can find it, as it had great info in it.

Edit: Found it...This thread should answer any questions you have about rad fans. :toast:
  9. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    If I had to do it all over again, I'd go with a Thermochill radiator that was as thick as Dagwood's sandwich, and a 355 pump with a res top or a 355 in a double 5.25" bay res. But, I don't, so I'll just keep my Black Ice Xtreme3 rad (very nice price) and 655 pump.