• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gothic 3 + 1.75 CP + QP 4.2 + CM 2.4

MatTheCat

System Name Bitch
Processor Intel i7 2600K @4.6Ghz
Motherboard MSI Z68A-GD80 (G3)
Cooling Noctua nh-u12p se2
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz 9-10-9-27
Video Card(s) POWERCOLOR HD 7970 3GB
Storage OCZ Vertex 2 240GB SSD / 2*320GB WDC RAID 0
Display(s) Samsung 226BW 21" 1650*1080
Case Lian Li PC B-25
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI Professional PCI
Power Supply OCZ PC Power & Cooling 860W
Software Windows 7 x64
If like me, you have spent a good few hours playing the likes of Skyrim, trying your best to marvel at the artistic direction and sheer scale of the game, yet somewhere deep down, you realise that the game is a pile of faggy souless Hundescheiße, then I have a recommendation for you:

Gothic 3 + 1.75 CP + QP 4.2 + CM 2.4

Back in 2006, Gothic 3 was released in an unfinished train wreck like state. Any promise that the game had was drowned by bugs and crushing perforance issues. However, several years and a good few Community Patches down the lines, the game has had all its major bugs ironed out, runs like a dream, and is indeed now the game the developers may have dreamed about creating in the first place. Also with the CM 2.4 Add-On, the graphics/textures have been given a bit of an overall to bring the tone of the world back into line with the darker style of the previous Gothic games (with Gothic 3 the developers were tasked with aiming to appeal to the yanks).

Combining the above improvements with modern hardware (here mostly a decent CPU and lots of RAM is main requirement as GPU is never placed under huge demand) and the end result is in my opinion quite simply the most stunning, creative, interesting and absorbing virtual fantasy world ever to have existed in a video game.

Well worth checking out for those of you who are pining for a bit of vast open ended RPG action but who for some reason cant stomach the lame souless emptiness that Bethesda churn out.