1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[WTB] Gpu for folding purposes

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade/Giveaway Forum' started by Feänor, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Feänor

Feänor New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi. I'm looking to increase a little my ppd production, so i take a chance and ask the TPU community for a old geforce gpu. I already own a universal water block which fit any card from 8800 gt/gts to gtx 260/275/285. I prefer the highest possible core number, as it'll do more ppd, so my guess would be a gtx 260 of some sort. I'll pay up to 60-70$ before shipping for the card, and live in quebec city, canada. I fold under the 111frodon nick for the tpu folding@home team if you wanna verify my stats. Thanks for your time and let me know what you've got!

2. BlackOmega

BlackOmega

Thanks Received:
    Too bad you're in Canada. Shipping there is relatively expensive.
    However, if you're interested, I have 3 9600 gso's. 1 is 768mb GDDR3(evga), the other two are Asus 384mb GDDR3.

Feänor says thanks.
  3. Feänor

Feänor New Member

Thanks Received:
    Right omega. That's why i would prefer something a little more powerful. I'll keep your offer in mind tough. If i don't receive other offers, then we'll work something out. Thanks for the reply!

4. Ramirez

Ramirez

Thanks Received:
    To bad your in Canada....I got two 8800GTS's 512MB cards that are great for folding.

Feänor says thanks.
  5. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Screw all this "too bad your in Canada" talk. I've got 10 for shipping. Must have reputable heatware and confirm details.
    Let's get behind our F@H team.

6. Feänor

Feänor New Member

Thanks Received:
    To RAMIREZ: Those would 8800gts be great. In fact, i would pay premium price for these two. Is it really that much more paperwork to ship to the other side of the continent? As far as i'm concern, taking something from L.A. to me is well worth 20-30$ of shipping. PM me what you think.

7. Bot

Bot

Thanks Received:
    i have a gtx 280 for $100 or a gtx 260 for 70

Feänor says thanks.
  8. Ramirez

Ramirez

Thanks Received:
    Not that I do not support folding. Big ups to the people that do. However, this is business. The paperwork to ship international is nothing as I have done business with people in Canada before. I just choose not to, do to shipping cost and cost are expensive. Now if the buyer agrees to cover shipping expenses I dont mind talking some business. Sounds like Mlee wants to get first dibs so batter up. If he or she cant help you shoot me a PM.

Feänor says thanks.
  9. Feänor

Feänor New Member

Thanks Received:
    Gpu found. A nice gtx 260 will fold happily for the rest of it's life in a little while...

Again, thanks to everyone for the quick response!

Mods, delete this thread.