1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

gpu nos vs bios?

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by innthe, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Grnfinger

Grnfinger New Member

Thanks Received:
    If your in a hurry to overclock and choose not to listen to advice then might I suggest using the built in overclocking utility from ASUS.

You need to take some time and read read read.. yes it sucks but it will pay off at the end. A little work and effort now will save you $$

innthe says thanks.
  2. innthe New Member

Thanks Received:
    :( ok, im sorry
    P.S my grammer is like that on purpose (to lighten the mood), its not helping though lol.

3. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    No it is not helping .
    First off you started this thread on over clocking a video card there are programs and bios mods that can do this for you . But as stated you should read up on this first ( especially if you plan a bios mod ) . Second this thread went on a derail with you wanting to Over clock your RAM ( for some reason ) . Thing is if you take the time and just read up on it you will get better results . Like me it took me years now and just 2 weeks ago I finally was able to get my RMA ( For the first time ever ) to 1100MHz and the CPU to 4.1GHz ! It took time and lots of reading but it will come . learn , read , ask ! But do not rush . Now back to you first question . Use programs like EVGA precision , MSI after burn or just CCC to over clock your video card as a bios mod is really some thing that should be left to the pros .

4. innthe New Member

Thanks Received:
    your motherboard most probably has a differant setup to mine, but i have the configurate system frequency finished (im told anyway).All i did though, is just change the processor frequency multiplier to x14, ht link speed to 1600(im not on pc now so i may forgot some changes i did),
    cpu/ht referance clock to 285(may lower it)
    disabled cool n quiet,and c1e support,
    and i changed some of the memory timming and voltage settings, ill show you pictures of what i changed tomorrow in specific detail.

5. innthe New Member

Thanks Received:
    well ill just stick to overclocking the cpu for now, than move on to the gpu.

6. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    Then start a new thread on it list all your system specs and go from there .

innthe says thanks.
  7. innthe New Member

Thanks Received:
    ill start a new thread tomorrow, and put up pictures of my bios specs, i dont know how to copy them to paint though

8. innthe New Member

Thanks Received:
    actually, im gonna set it up now and just show my bios with standard settings and ill increase parts gradually and post them.

9. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom.{East Anglian Coast
    Seriously dude you're talking to people with experience its a bad move to ignore it,
    You need to gain some basic knowlege or you could end up regreting trying to overclock.
    You need to know safe voltages and safe temperatures and what does what.

Years ago before i even touched a pc i must have spent £50 or so just on pc books, I spent about 6 weeks just getting acquainted with pc parts and lingo educating myself.
    THEN i built my first ever pc and it booted up and ran flawlessly because i understood everything i needed to.

Been doing it for quite some years now lol, Even learned web design too. And i have a guy come see me for help from time to time when he gets stuck and he runs a pc shop!

Take your time you cant rush these things, Once you understand, You then know the right questions to ask and we dont end up totally confused.com.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
    JrRacinFan says thanks.
  10. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    ^^ One of the BEST persons to listen to along with erocker, didn't forget about you either, trickson. Even I myself sometimes have to read some of his posts.

Nitro-Max says thanks.