1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GPU upgrade VS Cpu Upgrade

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by 1nf3rn0x, Jun 13, 2011.

?

Which to choose?

Poll closed Mar 8, 2014.
  1. GPU Upgrade

    4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. 1090T + SLi/Xfire Mobo + 4GB DDR3

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Wait for Bulldozer

    6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. 1nf3rn0x

    1nf3rn0x

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2009
    Messages:
    2,032 (1.12/day)
    Thanks Received:
    361
    Basically (check system specs) My middle pc is socket 775, it's quite fast and plays everything fine. The 3 GTS 250 in tri SLi are perfect. But I want to upgrade (First pc is used for photoshop,blender, ae, sony vegas etc and light gaming).

    So it has an e7400 @ 4.2ghz. I'm thinking of buying a single card (HD 6950 2gb or a GTX 570)
    OR a cpu build with a 1090T Black edition (or should I wait for Bulldozer) I'll pair the 1090T with a SLi/ Xfire board and just the usual 4gb of ram.

    What do you guys think?
  2. random

    random

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2008
    Messages:
    3,043 (1.42/day)
    Thanks Received:
    686
    if your gonna update CPU wait for bulldozer I guess, then if you can, swap out those GTS 250's for a single card if not then it is fine too as Tri-Sli with those GPUs still have quite some power.
  3. xenocide

    xenocide

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2011
    Messages:
    2,133 (1.70/day)
    Thanks Received:
    458
    CPU, but either waity for Bulldozer or go Intel. I'd be amazed to find those cards weren't already bottlenecking...
  4. CrackerJack

    CrackerJack

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2007
    Messages:
    2,705 (1.10/day)
    Thanks Received:
    449
    Location:
    East TN
    IMO, wait till BD release
    reason: Even if you don't want to spend a chuck on BD, the 1090T should drop in price a bit
  5. 1nf3rn0x

    1nf3rn0x

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2009
    Messages:
    2,032 (1.12/day)
    Thanks Received:
    361
    What would ~$200-$220 get me on the Bulldozer platform. A quad/six core?
  6. Zyon

    Zyon New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2011
    Messages:
    264 (0.21/day)
    Thanks Received:
    29
    Location:
    Australia
    Bulldozer price aren't released it, should be any time this week soon if the leaked source is right.
  7. T3kl0rd

    T3kl0rd

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2009
    Messages:
    490 (0.24/day)
    Thanks Received:
    37
    I don't see why you want to upgrade anything right now.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guest)

Share This Page