1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GPU Voltage Programs?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Xolair, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Xolair New Member

Thanks Received:
    GPU Voltage Programs? (Need help!)

I've tried to make a pencil mod to my X1650 Pro (by the X1300 guide, found here on TPU), and the layout was actually very similar as to that card. Used a HB pen, and pencilled over the marked spots. Haven't tried OC'ing yet, but the core actually artifacted faster than before (!), when I quickly tried with ATITool before... dunno' if I pencilled the wrong spot, used the wrong kind of pen or something, hasn't had any else negative effect yet though, guess I'll find out later.

Anyway, I was wondering if there are any programs that can monitor the voltage of a GPU (core and memory)? Rivatuner hasn't given me any help, apparently it works only with the 2000 -series of ATI's products. So, a simple question; are there any GPU voltage monitoring programs out there??? :)

EDIT: Yeah, had the exact reversed effect; crashed both core and memory after barely 5-20 mhz overclock...

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  2. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    Man I would be very careful shading in resistors on a gfx card without knowing exactly what they do. It a bit of russian roulette really, It could have serious effects... There must be a X1650 guide out there somewhere...

I will poke around for you....

3. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
  4. Xolair New Member

Thanks Received:
    Tried to rub off my pencillings, and seemed to do the trick; OC'd to near 660mhz core and then crashed.

Won't try no soldering-mods though, as I'm quite a n00b with stuff like that. But then again, I doubt there's really no pencil mods for the X1650/X1600 out there...

EDIT: Checked out a X1600 pencil mod... the resemblance to my own card was minimal, the X1300 guide here on TPU instead was exactly the same layout-wise, now when I actually managed to get the card out, examine it a bit and put it back, and it actually worked. I wonder why my pencil mods didn't work before if I pencilled the ''right'' spots? Can the quality of the pen make such a difference... decreasing the voltage instead of increasing? :(

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  5. Xolair New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, there seemed not to be any difference on my GPU when I finally used a ''proper'' 2B pen while pencilling. OC'd the same way as before; 634.5/814.5mhz. I guess I'll just stick to normal OC'ing from now on... :)