I've found something really weird while trying to help someone in the vbe7 thread. He used vbe7 to modify his bioses, and made backup of his bioses with gpu-z before modifying them. One of the modded bioses didnt work, but strangely the stock bios didnt work either. When he opened the suspect stock bios in vbe7 it reported checksum error. Later he posted both stock bioses and i've compared their content. There were two differences, two 256 bytes long blocks filled with zeros, and apart from that they were identical. Then ive downloaded some more hd7000 and hd6000 bioses from the tpu database and tested them. To my surprise i found more bioses with similar problems, including hd6000 bioses too. Today someone asked for help and posted his stock bios. Ive opened it in vbe7 and it reported checksum error. what the... Opened the file in a hex editor and after a bit searching i have found something strange. Random bytes followed by 256 bytes of zeros then random stuff again. Then i asked the guy to save his bios again and post it on the forum. This time he saved it with atiflash (before he used gpu-z v0.7.3). The two files were different, the difference was the mentioned 256 bytes of zeros. The bios saved with atiflash opened fine in vbe7 without checksum error. Related posts staring here in the vbe7 thread. I have attached some comparison pictures and some corrupted files.