1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GPU-Z crash on Windows XP with MSI 9800 GT 512mb

Discussion in 'GPU-Z' started by nemecec, May 5, 2010.

1. nemecec New Member

Thanks Received:
    I downloaded the latest GPU-Z (0.4.2) and ran it on my computer (Windows XP, all service packs applied) and it crashed (access violation), producing two files: CRASH.DMP and ERRORLOG.TXT (both are zipped and attached to this post).

I have a MSI 9800 GT video card with 512mb (Nvidia). It could be a bit exotic, as I bought it from China.

How can I troubleshoot this? Is the attached information enough?

Neeme

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  2. Dyno New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, the 9800GT can only function using drivers, right? So which nVIDIA Forceware drivers are you running? I'm assuming everything else is working fine on your rig; Games, Applications, benchmarks. One last thing, can you please fill in your system specs in your USER CP, so we can understand exactly what you are running to better assist you, thanks.
    Last edited: May 5, 2010
  3. nemecec New Member

Thanks Received:
    Added output from NVIDIA System Information as attachment to original post. And added system description to profile.

Thanks,
    Neeme
  4. u2konline

u2konline

Thanks Received:
    I am using XP + 9800gt, the 4.2 version has issues, just use the 3.9 version.
    nemecec says thanks.
  5. nemecec New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the hint, 0.3.9 version worked just fine. Added screenshot and BIOS dump to original post.