• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GPU-Z Exits after the logo

blado

I recently switched out my Radeon 6950 for the GTX 780. Ever since I've done that, however, I've been having problems with GPU-Z. Whenever I try to start it up, it makes it to the splash logo, but after that disappears the main program never comes up. At one point it started working again when I downloaded the latest version of GPU-Z, but now it's gone back to not starting. I'm using version 0.7.5, and I uninstalled the AMD drivers and installed the latest Nvidia ones, so I'm not really sure what's causing this. The OS I'm using is Windows 8.1. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
Hmm .. this shouldn't happen .. do you have an instant messenger or Skype and bit of time for a debugging session?

blado

I do not use either. I just downloaded 0.7.2, and it's currently working for me, if that helps you.

EDIT: I think I found out what was happening. Every time I moved it to desktop it stopped working no matter the version. When I kept them in my downloads they worked every time. Kind of weird, because I never had that problem before now.