1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GPU-Z not always showing CUDA

Discussion in 'GPU-Z' started by Naki, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Naki

Thanks Received:
    Clean MSDN SP1 integrated copy of Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate, I think. No OS mods, not a laptop. All updates installed.

2. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    oki, i use the version from digitalriver and i tried both Professional and Ultimate and i never had a problem with the Cuda not showing, that was why i asked, but well i always disable UAC and "Run as Administrator" so maybe that's why i never had this kinda problem :D

3. Naki

Thanks Received:
    No, you did not have this problem, because it is random/intermittent and happens once in 200 (maybe 1000) tries!
    I don't think UAC has anything to do with this.
    It is also possible that the problem was only happening with a certain/older version of the GeForce drivers. I am using 320.18 WHQL drivers right now.
    Another possible reason is a conflict with other GPU-using software, for example Folding@Home (which I use) or a video player/video converter software.

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  4. shimano New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok so i had the same problem with GPU-Z not showing CUDA, to solve this problem is very simple, i got Virtu-MVP installed, if its started when i power on gpu-z i have cuda off, if i turn off Virtu MVP and start gpu-z again the cuda is active so in my case this is the problem. Hope it helps

5. Naki

Thanks Received:
    Nope. Does not help. My mobo does support Virtu, but Virtu software is currently NOT installed.
    Thanks for the comment anyway! :)