1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GPU-Z power consumption

Discussion in 'GPU-Z' started by rmjr3432, Jan 27, 2013.

1. rmjr3432 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just recently had a gaming computer built for me, I have little experience with computers at all and I wanted to download this software just to make sure my gpu is fine.

While I had WoW up and gpu-z up I saw something odd, the power consumption % went up to 374%

Is there something wrong with my hardware?

2. leemerlord New Member

Thanks Received:
    First off, Welcome to TPU :toast:
    if you could fill in your system spec list, that would be awesome, can do so by going to quick links and selecting Edit Options, then off to the left hand side look from edit system specs

but are you using the most up to date gpu-z

rmjr3432 says thanks.
  3. rmjr3432 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thank you!

I just updated it, and yes I just downloaded gpu-z. I'm honestly a noob when it comes to computer hardware though, so I don't really know what I'm looking at.

4. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    If this is anything like the TDP measurements you get with a 600 series card I doubt it's a gpu-z issue. I've seen my 660 Ti spike at over 200% power usage in afterburner, so it's most likely a bug in the sensors or the drivers reading them. I wouldn't worry about it.

rmjr3432 says thanks.
  5. rmjr3432 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thank you! This is my first gaming rig so I've been stressing out about everything, I thought that was a bit odd though lol