1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GPU-Z Won't Download

Discussion in 'GPU-Z' started by kzinti1, Jan 31, 2012.

1. kzinti1

kzinti1

Thanks Received:
    I've been trying to download the latest version and a window pops-up saying: "Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded."
    I haven't touched my security settings. I checked and they're all set to Default just as always.
    GPU-Z is one of my oldest and most useful programs. I've never had any trouble downloading the latest versions.
    Unfortunately, I erased the previous version prior to downloading the latest.
    Any ideas how I can go about fixing this?
    I always keep an eye on my temps. Especially on this pair of air-cooled GTX590's!

2. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    what program creates the "Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded" message? antivirus? browser?

3. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    try download it from mirror or other website (just use google it - download gpuz xx.xx) and google will find it for you

4. W1zzard

Thanks Received:
    i'd rather know what's going on and if it's something we can fix from our side

5. kzinti1

kzinti1

Thanks Received:
    I.E.9. + iGoogle. All security settings set to Default.
    MicroSoft Security Essentials + Malwarebytes Pro, configured to ignore each other, both fully updated and scans run with no hits. Same with MicroSoft Safety Scanner.
    No new software installed lately.

6. W1zzard

Thanks Received:
    can you get me a screenshot of that window ?

7. W1zzard

Thanks Received:
  8. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    I use IE9 and MSE exclusively without any issue. Might be related to Malwarebytes or something re-configuring settings.

9. kzinti1

kzinti1

Thanks Received:
    Sorry, no. I tried "Restore" in the Windows Control Panel and it now works just fine. I haven't a clue what happened.
    There was a small yellow box showing techpowerup's address and said it wasn't recognized as being safe. Something like that.
    I tried adding your address to my safe sites in my security settings and the same message came up. This time also saying something about an address having to be listed as https. I edited the address and it still didn't work.
    I was going through the Control Panel and found "Recovery" listed, apparently not a part of "Backup and Restore," which can't even find my backups on my external drive. So I tried "Restore", and it worked.
    I don't know what happened. I haven't changed any settings, downloaded anything at all this year, except for the latest GPU-Z and redownloaded Nvidia drivers from their site. No new programs at all, just updates of what I already use.
    This is really weird. I've never even seen these messages before, ever.