1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GPUz show my 8800GT run at PCI-E 2.0 x16 @ x8

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by henry_c, Dec 8, 2007.

1. henry_c New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi:

My MoBo is P5K-E which has one x16 slot and other one only support x4, but my rig is only single card setup, so I expect 8800GT will run at x16. Any one has the same issue?
  2. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtXâ„¢

Thanks Received:
    depends what slot you have the card in check your manual for correct placement with single card setup
  3. henry_c New Member

Thanks Received:
    of course I insert into the correct slot, the blue one on the top. BTW the other one only support x1 and x4 only, so for x8 I must have put into the correct slot.
  4. henry_c New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ops.. I see the problem. My first post should be 8800GT is limited to PCI-E x8 mode while the MB is supporting x16 in single card setup, and I did turn off the Crossfire option in bios. And I ask EVGA customer support and they reply me about read the MB manual. On other hand still waiting Asus reply.
  5. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    have you used CPU-Z ?
  6. FatForester New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have your card and mobo, and don't have that problem. Go through the BIOS and double check your settings. And if you have any add-in cards in the other PCIe slots, take them out to see if it changes anything. I know on this board there's something phinicky to do with the PCIe lanes, as in if you put something in the 4x it'll disable something... I can't remember.