1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GPUZ stopped working

Discussion in 'GPU-Z' started by eodeo, Jan 31, 2009.

1. eodeo

eodeo

Thanks Received:
    Novi Sad, Serbia, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, PM 380
    I was using gpuz since 0.27 on same system and everything was fine untill a week or so ago. It just started refusing to start. That was with version 0.30. I got the 0.31 but same error message: "Could not start driver: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."

I have 4850 512mb, c2q 6600 @3ghz, 4gb ddr2, asus p5q running vista 64. I have ati 8.12 catalist drivers.

As far as I can tell, I didnt do anything, but GPUZ just started rejecting to work one day on random. I like to start GPUZ every once in a while to check GPU temp, and one day gpuz just failed to load with that message. It has been like that ever since. I reseted and turned off/on computer many times. Everyting else works flawlessly, no bugs, BSODs, slowdowns... nothing but smooth everything except GPUZ wont work.

Any help appreciated. Thank you!

2. Aceman.au

Aceman.au

Thanks Received:
    It sounds like ur card isn't installed if it says there's no device associated with it.... Check device manager to see if it's enabled.

3. inf3rno

inf3rno

Thanks Received:
    Install your drivers again cleanly.

4. Aceman.au

Aceman.au

Thanks Received:

Even better!

5. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    open a command prompt

sc stop gpuz
    sc delete gpuz

reboot

6. eodeo

eodeo

Thanks Received:
    I did and it is.

I’ll try that when 8.13 come out. What do you mean “cleanly”? How do I do that?
    Never mind that. Ati 9.1 came out I’ve just seen. Ok so I downloaded them… what now?

Start>run>cmd> “sc stop gpuz” =
    [SC] OpenService FAILED 1060:
    The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

Start>run>cmd> “sc delete gpuz” =
    [SC] OpenService FAILED 1060:
    The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

Reeboted one after entering in cmd, and once after entering directly in run box.
    After reset both yield same result as if I didn’t do anything. Gpuz still reports same error.

Thank you all for your replies. Maybe new ATI drivers will sort it out... I can always hope :)

7. eodeo

eodeo

Thanks Received:
    Turns out I'm an idiot. You didnt mean gpuz.... it occured to me to try gpu-z.. stoping didnt work, but sc delte gpu-z resulted in SUCCESS. I rebooted and sure enough, it started working. both .3 and .31

Thank you Wizzard. maybe write exactly as its supposed to be written, but you were right on the money :)