1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gran Turismo 5 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by Hybrid_theory, Nov 19, 2010.

1. choppy

choppy

Thanks Received:
    thanks for the tip - have put this aside recently in favour of CoD (360) , shame on me...

2. Funtoss

Funtoss New Member

Thanks Received:
    this game is fun with logitech wheel ;D momo xD

3. choppy

choppy

Thanks Received:
    Seasonal events pretty fun, especially the Expert Series. Stuck on the 1st one though (fiat 500) - can only achieve 2nd place cant get close enough to 1st...always finish around 10 seconds behind. Any tips on getting better whilst staying in the limits of the race

4. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    i've only just realised that your cars horsepower increases as the mileage (up to a certain point, then it starts going down again) does, just gained 20hp on my dodge viper just by driving it for 15 mins

@choppy: Maximum engine upgrades and then use the power limiter, puts the 500 at the maximum allowed horsepower all the way from 1200 rpm onwards

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
    choppy says thanks.
  5. choppy

choppy

Thanks Received:
    1. your correct - i noticed my fiat 500 going up by 1hp during the race. Cos when i tried racing again it kept saying "REGULATION_DISQUALIFIED" even though I hadnt changed a thing!

2. maximum power got me within 2seconds of the leader. lowering the car and messing around with spring rate / camber angles finally got me past him!!! won the race after like 10 attempts lol . I'm very pleased with the challenge level on this game

6. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Time for a bump, GT5 2.0 is out, I haven't been able to find my disc for a few months sadly and finally found it, 380mb worth of updates!

Here's the changes (and there is a lot)

When Gran Turismo 5 launched almost a year ago now, Kazunori Yamauchi, the game’s creator, promised fans clutching their copies of the Real Driving Simulator, that the launch of the eagerly awaited title was not the end of the journey for the game but the start.
    True to that statement, since GT5 launched Yamauchi-san and the Polyphony team have been closely monitoring the feedback of the dedicated and discerning GT5 community. As a result of this, we have seen significant support for GT5 in the form of regular functionality updates.
    Today, I am very pleased to announce details of Functionality Update 2.0 which is the most sizable since the game launched. The update will be available for download on the 11th October. Of course the real bonus of all of this new content is the fact that it’s all absolutely free!

Here’s the rundown on what you can expect to see in the update.
    Firstly all ‘standard’ cars will now feature an interior view, the level of detail will vary from car to car, but now for the first time you will be able to literally get behind the wheel of all the cars in the game.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next is the great news that players can now save their progress during endurance races and return to the fray at a time of their own choosing.
    For fans of the stateside motoring championship NASCAR, there is a package of 11 NASCAR 2011 cars. There has also been improvement to the weather settings in the game and now players can incrementally adjust weather settings for race start and race end.

[​IMG]

Additional features of this update are:
    Photo Travel Mode updates
    Shortening of load times and improved menu response
    Improved car physics simulation, further evolved A.I.
    Improved and enhanced user interface
    Support for the Logitech G25/G27 steering wheels
    New features in the Online Lounge
    This is what series creator Kazunori Yamauchi had to say about the new content.

As if this massive update was not enough, I can also advise you of more great news – very shortly we will be sharing with you details of a forthcoming package of exciting DLC for GT5 that will include new vehicles and tracks plus a host of other additional new content. The news will be incoming to PlayStation Blog and gran-turismo.com very soon so keep your ear to the ground.

Looks like a bunch of great stuff, the last in cockpit car is pretty lame, all black with Speedo and Tach, but it's better than nothing. Just hopefully not a ton of those, or hopefully they add dashes to them over time.

Grings and cadaveca say thanks.
  7. Hybrid_theory

Hybrid_theory New Member

Thanks Received:
    DLC next tuesday as well.

Course Pack ($4.99)

Spa Francorchamps (with weather effects)
    Kart Space I/II (at night)

Racing Car Pack ($7.99)
    Red Bull X2011 Protytpe ’11
    Dodge Challenger SRT8 Touring Car
    Honda CR-Z Touring Car
    Mazda Roadster Touring Car
    Mazda RX-7 Touring Car
    Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Touring Car
    Nissan GT-R R35 Touring Car
    Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 Touring Car
    Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Touring Car
    Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 Touring Car
    Subaru Impreza Touring Car
    Toyota Prius Touring Car
    Gran Turismo Racing Kart Jr.
    Gran Turismo Racing Kart 100
    Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125

Racing Gear Pack ($2.99)
    Includes suits and helmets of 8 famous WRC and NASCAR drivers and 12 new helmets.

Paint Pack ($1.99)
    Includes 100 new paint colors.

1Complete Pack ($11.99)
    Includes all the packs in one convenient bundle.

Also got my Fanatec GT2 wheel. Such an improvement to the logitech DFGT. Been playin this and forza 4

8. Alcpone

Thanks Received:
    Nice one, I will be downloading this :)

9. bogmali

bogmali Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the update....You can also add me, my username is JREchevarria

10. Hybrid_theory

Hybrid_theory New Member

Thanks Received:
    SPA francorchamps vid:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    Alcpone and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
  11. Alcpone

Thanks Received:
    1192mb download, thought it was 400mb, quite a hefty update :)

12. Hybrid_theory

Hybrid_theory New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah it might be from the new cars. Theyve added about 10 nascar vehicles or so.

I updated the first post earlier with the Spec 2.0 information.

13. Alcpone

Thanks Received:
    Ive just had ago at the seb vettel special session in the red bull race car, my god its fast, is it that fast in real life or is it purely fictional?

14. Hybrid_theory

Hybrid_theory New Member

Thanks Received:
    It is fictional, but I believe its a proven feat. So it could do that kind of cornering and speed. But the G forces are too high for a human to take.

Also the X2010 is free to all users for a short time due to Vettel's GP win. There should be a gift in the community tab in the game.

15. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    They aren't too high for a human to take, they are at the limit of it though.

16. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Well playing more and I'm not sure if this a bug or what. But lately randomly during races my cars won't shift, usually when in 3rd gear, and if I drop down to 2nd sometimes they will, but sometimes they will jsut slowly accelerate in 2nd and shift into 3rd and do the same as everyone passes me. Yet it still shows me at wide open throttle, but it's like I lose half my horsepower. If that happens I have to come to almost a dead stop so it shifts into first gear, then it gets fixed.

17. v12dock

v12dock

Thanks Received:
    Turbo Lag.

Here is a demonstration http://www.metacafe.com/watch/203232/evo_vs_fiat_stilo/

massive turbos on small engines...:wtf:

18. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    lol, no my supercharged Corvette and numerous other cars aren't having turbo lag, also isn't a small engine. Plus once near redline, there would be no lag at all. Not to mention brake boosting > lag, you get lag when you drive improperly, spool the turbo then go and you won't have an issue. Also that has nothing to do with lag in the video, like he said he's in the wrong gear, you don't race around at 30mph in 5th or 6th gear. To make a small engine fast you need boost, there is no other way around it, so they will be useless when that turbo isn't spinning at full speed (that means when acceleration in top gear at 30mph).

Either way, it just seems to be an annoying bug or something. Going to lose my first race because of it, will have to restart the race :(

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  19. v12dock

v12dock

Thanks Received:
    Push rod LS motor ;), chevy needs to switch to DOHC lolol

20. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Not an LS motor, 69 Corvette. And no, they don't, LS swap is insanely popular, and has massive top end (despite everyone saying pushrod can't do that). Not to mention, pushrod motors are as powerful as it gets, you don't see no DOHC crap in Top Fuel do you? Took Ford 14 years to finally make an NA motor than can stand up to an LS, all the other DOHCs just didn't. Everyone talked about efficiency for the displacement, when they didn't realize the LS1 was lighter, so more power in a lighter engine, who cares about displacement if it's heavier? lolol

v12dock says thanks.
  21. v12dock

v12dock

Thanks Received:
    Yes, large pushrod american motors from all companies are capable of producing monstrous amounts of power, there is no replacement for displacement. Even GM realizes OHC is the future of their engines(2013 Vette) . The 5.4L from Ford is capable of 1200HP, just think how much you could get out of the 6.2L, and also allows for features like VVT. Chevy want to perfect the pushrod and Ford wants to perfect live axle

22. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Adding DOHC to the 6.2L adds weight, DOHC heads are massive, thats why you don't see massive displacement DOHC setups. You go with lower displacement and DOHC vs higher displacement and Pushrod, and both end up weighing the same and putting out around the same horsepower. 2 different methods to the same means, so I don't see the point. Also GM's already running VVT on a pushrod motor, you don't need DOHC for that. I haven't looked much into the 2013 Vette, but if they are going DOHC, just like I said in the first part of this post, I bet displacement will drop.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  23. Alcpone

Thanks Received:
    I cant download this update, stupid PSN wont let me on to change my debit card as its under maintenance, might help if I could remember my password but I cant :( although I have just bought an enzo in yellow :) my id is alcpone if anyone wants to race :D

24. Hybrid_theory

Hybrid_theory New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm sure you've heard, the DLC has been delayed for North America till the 25th. If you purchase the complete pack however by Nov 7, they'll throw in a Honda NSX stealth and a GT5 dynamic theme.

GT academy just finished. As a celebration you can download the Nissan GTR Stealth model untill January 30 2012. Just goto PSN store, redeem codes and enter this:
    RD69-FJN9-5N6Q

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  25. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I had been checking for that DLC, nice bonus for it to add to my garage. And another free car (the GTR) is always nice as well.