1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gran Turismo Nukem Forever

Discussion in 'Games' started by Marineborn, May 26, 2010.

1. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
  2. kuroikenshi

kuroikenshi

Thanks Received:
    Ha! You can't even compare it to Duke! It hasnt even been a decade yet for Gran Turismo! :p
  3. Melvis

Melvis

Thanks Received:
    God i wish they would just hurry up and release it already, soon as it comes out ill be buying it with a PS3 as a pack.
  4. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    I personally don't see what all the hype is with Gran Turismo. I've played them all and only one racing game stands out to me and thats NFS Underground.
  5. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
  6. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    I agree. Simulation / track racing games just bore me now. I prefer fun racing titles like NFS Most Wanted etc.
  7. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    :eek: Undergrounds a great game if you are into ricers. I beat both of them, had some fun, but doesn't hold a candle to my love for the GT series. I think on GT3 alone I beat the game 5 times at least, and with golds in all races, "if your not first, you're last."
  8. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Better late than never, and better late than uncrafted :D
  9. HookeyStreet

Thanks Received:
    How is this game going to benefit from 3D and MOVE?
  10. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    1. Duke Nukem Forever has been meant to be released since like 2003 (something like that) and it probably won't come out within the next 10 years anyway.

2. GT isn't even such a superb and realistic simulator. LFS is about as good as it gets.
  11. HookeyStreet

Thanks Received:
    Whats LFS?
  12. animal007uk

Thanks Received:
    LFS = live for speed or soming if i remeber right.
  13. Thrackan

Thrackan

Thanks Received:
    The only currently drivable driving sim that's actually matured enough to be considered playable, and actually being a sim driver, is iRacing. LFS is immature and thus still highly unrealistic.
  14. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Duke Nukem Forever is on the pedestal of Did Not Finish. It's gonna take more than that for GT to take that coveted position. XD

Virtually all the games that were supposed to come out in March have been delayed until fall. :(
    Crunching for Team TPU
  15. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    DNF began development in 1997 with an initial planned release no later than 1998. :laugh:
  16. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    Oh God. :eek:
    There are so many things wrong here... :shadedshu

Also, this is starting to get a stench of flame war. :mad:

Ok, here goes:
    1. GT is getting "late" because Kazunori Yamauchi won't make up his mind on how the hell he wants the game done, so he just keeps saying: "Ohh, the game is 90%" or "We could already release the game" followed by "...but we haven't everything like we wanted to be." over and over againg. WTF??! By now, one would expect (me, for instances) to get a game with a ton load of cars, from all over the world (instead of 20 Skylines/Imprezas/Lancers), with a thorough physics engine, that would blast anything that ever existed. But, as GTPlanet has been issuing news, my guess is the game will only feature the same physics engine as the GT4/GTHD and GT5:prologue (and with that, no real breakthrough!) and mindf*** graphics that will make everyone forget how the game sucks at driving...

2. This is making 360's owners very happy 'cause they already got Forza and are very happy with it. (Flame wars are a consequence)

3. DON'T EVER MIX ARCADE DRIVING AND SIMULATION!! :mad:
    That is just plain wrong. They're different. Arcade cars mostly run as if they were on rail-tracks and never take damage. This also makes the game easy.
    If in a game that a car skids, takes damage, is difficult to maneuver and/or takes a week before you take the hang of it, means you're playing a Simulator. And that's how it's supposed to be.
    Honestly, if Arcade racing games were real, we would be seeing toddlers driving cars.
    Because it's just that easy.

4. LFS is a very good game. Another very good one is rFactor. And maybe all of the SimBin games. Why almost nobody knows them? Because they're SIMULATORS, and are made by individuals that don't have the money power to show off their creations in adds, thus relying on the community. Sometimes (all of the time, actually), a Die Hard Arcade Racing fan tries to play with it, but because the game isn't supposed to be easy, fails at it, becomes frustrated and tells everyone the game is bad. This also helps making the game unpopular.

5. GT5 WILL probably be released once Sony realizes that they already have enough people starving and drooling at the wallpapers to release the game at 70€ and make a profit.

6. The good cars will only be available trough DLC, and you will have to pay for it. (This has not been stated anywhere else, I'm just saying this now, because that's how I'm seeing this happening)

7. Has anyone here ever played Enthusia Professional Racing?

/rant

Thank you for your patience.

EDIT: I haven't played iRacing yet. But seems like I won't do it anyway because i don't like "subscription" idea. You pay the game, period, and then play it. WTF! 179$ so i can play it for two years??! I paid 20€ to play TrackMania 3 years ago, and I still play it, no extra charge!
    Last edited: May 29, 2010
  17. $immond$ New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

QFT ricers are fail. Long live Gran Turismo.
    Last edited: May 27, 2010
    _JP_ and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
  18. Hybrid_theory

Hybrid_theory New Member

Thanks Received:
    LFS is superb indeed. But if you want real tracks and cars, GT is the next best thing. There are those who like GTR, but personally ive never liked how the cars feel in those games.

And gran turismo hasnt been delayed recently by any means, was just delayed for the supposed march date which was known early this year.

iRacing looks nice, but pricy subscription. LFS should suffice.

@JP. The creator of GT, cant remember how to spell his name said they wont do any DLC, i dont see him changing that.
  19. Thrackan

Thrackan

Thanks Received:
    Yeah the subscription is the main failpoint. They could at least have made a free 30 day trial available. But a friend of mine who is kind of a sim fanatic is currently just testing it for a month and I have to say it drives very good.
  20. Melvis

Melvis

Thanks Received:
    Indeed i cant see it ether, id turn off those features anyway, I am happy just how it is like GT4 was, works great for me.
  21. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    @Hybrid_theory - I know Yamauchi said no DLC, but it is quite a fad that has been going on in recent years. So even if Yamauchi doesn't want DLC, Sony has the final word and it's their word that counts the most. It also has been a fad to get profit from games by any means available...so...this is just another one.
    GT has real cars and tracks (few), but you know another game that is actually a simulator that also has those? ToCa Race Driver 3.

@Thrackan - I'm not saying that the game is bad, I haven't tried it yet. I'm just saying, is it worth it, for that price tag?
  22. Thrackan

Thrackan

Thanks Received:
    If you're a sim fanatic it would be worth it. I'm not paying a monthly sub mainly because I play games maybe once or twice a month nowadays. Otherwise I'd be subbed.

Him and I have been specifically looking at good sim games over the last couple of months, and as of now, nothing compares to iRacing. It's a decent, matured sim racing game, with decent realistic driving. I can't find anything that comes close, and I've tried alot (rFactor, GTR, "Race" series, LFS etc.)
    Have to add I'm specifically looking for a PC sim racer.