• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Graphic card noise through audio channel

awol_2shae

Just bought a MSI B75A-G43 motherboard and a Gigabyte 7950 Windforce video card. Issue is that in fullscreen 3D noise coming out of the video card is actually going through the audio channel. Also noise can be heard even in computer browsing, scrooling through a webpage etc.

At the moment I sent back the motherboard under the pretext that the integrated audio card is not properly shielded. They have to take it into service and identify the problem but in the mean time I'm thinking what if they won't identify the problem, not testing it properly? Is it actually and issue that can be solved by changing the motherboard?
If they say the motherboard is compliant will I have to send the video card back too?

Saw some posts about how I could fix this issue myself, nail polish and other stuff but that would probably involve breaking the warranty void on some of these components.

I eliminated the PSU from the possible suspects after testing a different PSU but with the same results.

System Name PC-Chips
Processor Ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming.
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Air Cooler 6 heat pipes.
Memory Patriot Viper 32gig dual channel 3600mhz
Video Card(s) PowerColor HellHound RX 7900 GRE OC
Storage 2X Samsung 860 EVO SSD's 500gig / 2TB crucial P3-NVME / WD-BLUE SN550 1TB M.2 / SP A55 512gig
Display(s) Panasonic 40-inch 4k TV
Case Modded NZXT H510
Audio Device(s) Realtek S1220A - Yamaha A-S501 AMP - 4 x Wharfedale diamond 9.1 speakers - Wharfedale SW150 sub
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G6 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Some cheap wireless thing
Keyboard Razer Cynosa lite
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2 128gig version
Software Windows 11 pro 64bit
I have the same thing with my mobo so decided to get a sound card but the problem is still there, The only way i fixed this was to buy a new amp as the one i was using is older than me and picks up a lot of interference

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
If it's Coil whine,,Then You COULD try running a 3D application Menu. Like the Main menu For a game,,For a few Hours with Your Monitor off. It worked For me on My Powercolor 7970 LCS.

System Name Desktop
Processor i5 3570k
Motherboard Asrock Z77
Cooling Corsair H60
Memory G Skill 8gb 1600 mhz X 2
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon 7850 X 2
Storage 1 TB Velociraptor, 240GB 840 Samsung
Display(s) 27" Samsung LED X 2
Case Thermaltake V9
Power Supply Seasonic 620 W, CX600M on stand by
Software Win 8.1 64
Benchmark Scores Benches are silly
If it's Coil whine,,Then You COULD try running a 3D application Menu. Like the Main menu For a game,,For a few Hours with Your Monitor off. It worked For me on My Powercolor 7970 LCS.

i don't understand the theory on how this would fix his problem? Not trying to be snark...just curious.

System Name Rhino
Processor FX6300
Motherboard Asus M5A97 EVO R2
Cooling Corsair H80i
Memory HyperX Beast 1866MHz
Video Card(s) Asus GTX560ti
Storage OCZ Agility 3
Case Lian-li
Audio Device(s) Auzentech Sound Studio
Power Supply EVGA G2 750w
Keyboard Tt eSPORTS Challenger Pro
Software W10 64bit
Niose

I had that a while back, in my case it was due to a couple of things:
1) The graphic card was allegedly doing something at a frequency the the sound card was sensitive.
2) Power cables too close to the SC and not insulated.

First thing I did was to reroute the cables and wrap the in foil. Need to make sure there's no contact to anthing, if you have a semi-decent case and the cables are long enough route them around the cable space.
However, though this did improve things noise was still audible.
Next, buy a sound card with a kind of metal casing around it which deflects any kind of waves are flying around in there, be it radio, energy or whatever.
i.e.: ASUS Xonar D2X or Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Pro
I don't particularly recommend these cards, they're just so you can see what I mean, I'm sure they're OK, however, I bought an Audigy card in the end, you can see which one on e my spec.
The third step was to add on a digital fibre optic to analogue converter to make sure there were no power fluctautions messing up my amp.

It worked for me.