• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Graphic issue during video playback

Processor E8500
Motherboard Asus P5Q-E
Cooling Stock
Memory Corsair XMS2 Xtreme TWIN2X4096-6400C5 G 2x2GB
Video Card(s) XFX GeForce 9800GT 512MB
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB
Case Antec Sonata III
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE
Power Supply EarthWatts 500W
Software Vista home premium 64-bit
Hi, once again I come with an issue with my new computer that i did not have with the old one. When watching videos part of the image can become lined. Usually happens during fast movements or when the camera cuts to another perspective. And it also seems to like doing it more often to the colour red.

I took a couple of screenshots, first one from a clip on youtube and the two bottom ones from a video on my computer. It was not the best screenshots to show the severity of the issue but since the lines are only the for a fraction of a section I had a hard time timing the pause.

Sadly it is highly distracting with these lines, since it has a flcikering effect to the eye and is just so annoying.

I am not sure I posted this in the right section, simply because I do not know what the problem is.

I am very grateful for any assistance in this issue.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    166.2 KB · Views: 425
  • 2.png
    2.png
    189.2 KB · Views: 408
  • 3.png
    3.png
    173.5 KB · Views: 366
Processor E8500
Motherboard Asus P5Q-E
Cooling Stock
Case Antec Sonata III
I thank you for trying but alas that was not the issue, had no problems during the tests.

And also would it be captured on the screenshots if that was the problem? I mean because doesn't the screenshot capture the image the computer sends out and not the image that is displayed by the monitor? That seems to be the most logical way for it work in my opinion.

And I used this monitor with my old computer and these was not any issue there.

You're right, this has nothing to do with your monitor but (most likely) with your videocard and/or it's drivers. Looks like a case of lousy de-interlacing to me. Try installing the latest nVidia drivers for your videocard. If that doesn't fix it, you might have to tweak some settings in the driver control, but I can't help you there since I haven't had an nV card since the Geforce 4 series.

Processor E8500
Motherboard Asus P5Q-E
Cooling Stock
Case Antec Sonata III
I have the latest drivers installed aswell, maybe just have to wait untill a new set is released to see if it is improved then.

And when it comes to settings I have been playing around abit there, but I am kinda a novice when it comes to it so I am not quite sure what to change that could affect it.

95Viper

Super Moderator
Staff member
You're right, this has nothing to do with your monitor but (most likely) with your videocard and/or it's drivers. Looks like a case of lousy de-interlacing to me. Try installing the latest nVidia drivers for your videocard. If that doesn't fix it, you might have to tweak some settings in the driver control, but I can't help you there since I haven't had an nV card since the Geforce 4 series.

Yep, he and you are right, wasn't thinking screen shot, oh well, sorry.:slap:

Just thinking though, have you tried v sync off and on. I don't use NVidia either.

Processor E8500
Motherboard Asus P5Q-E
Cooling Stock
Case Antec Sonata III
Just tried fiddling with v sync, no change though.

Is it just me or does the Nvidia control panel feel incomplete copared to ATI's?

System Name KILLER
Processor Intel Core i7 4790K
Motherboard MSI Z87 G45 Gaming
Cooling Water Cooling
Memory 2x8GB Gskill 2400mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 980
Storage SSD Samsung 500GB
Display(s) 24" Asus 144hz
Case Cooler Master HAF
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Platinum
Power Supply Antec 1200 Watt Modular
Software Windows 10 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Vantage 51342
Try uninstalling your drivers and delete old folder..then reinstall another driver to see if you have issues with the other driver.

Processor E8500
Motherboard Asus P5Q-E
Cooling Stock
Case Antec Sonata III
I tried today with the drivers that just got released, sadly the problem is still there. Somehow it seems to happen more to the colour red than any other objects.

Could it be caused by codecs? but that does not make much sense when I also have the problem on youtube since as far as I know it does not use the divX/Xvid/ac3 codecs I have installed.

One more thing is that it seems to happend more in Windows media player than in media player classic but the image is alot sharper in windows media player than media player classic.

So anyone have any more ideas? It really ruins alot of the fun in watching shows since i get so irritated by the issue.