1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Green Power led on when turn pc off

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by mrthanhnguyen, Jul 15, 2014.

1. mrthanhnguyen

Thanks Received:
    I don't know if there is something wrong because when I turn PC off, the green power led on the motherboard and the graphic card are still on. Can they be turn off when pc is off too? Thanks.

2. xvi

xvi

Thanks Received:
    That indicates that the power supply is still supplying standby power to the motherboard. It's there to remind you not to touch any electrical components inside the computer since they all still have some power. If you're worried about power consumption, don't since it's very minimal. If you want to completely shut off power to the computer, you'll need to either flip the power switch on the computer's power supply (if it has one), or unplug the power cable from the back of the computer. The standby LED will stay on for a few seconds until the capacitors drain.

thebluebumblebee says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. LaytonJnr

LaytonJnr

Thanks Received:
    The benefit of having standby power is that you are able to use the low power to charge devices overnight, or charge anything that uses USB power. Run out of sockets in your room? Just plug all your USB charging cables into your PC ;)

Layton

4. pigulici

pigulici

Thanks Received:
    No, you can't turn off without unplug the power cable from pc, I find annoying at night, those led...