1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Grid 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by natr0n, Feb 9, 2013.

  1. natr0n

    natr0n

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2012
    Messages:
    2,007 (1.95/day)
    Thanks Received:
    1,040
    [yt]Bph8lz-1n6Y[/yt]


    Release:28th May 2013
    Very excited for this.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  2. mafia97

    mafia97

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2009
    Messages:
    1,083 (0.51/day)
    Thanks Received:
    134
    Location:
    Delhi,India
    Played the hell out of first one
    First day buy ;-)
     
  3. FreedomEclipse

    FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2007
    Messages:
    13,926 (5.02/day)
    Thanks Received:
    2,360
    i bought this game off steam when it went o sale for a few quid, great game. looking forward to this new one.
     
  4. _JP_

    _JP_

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2010
    Messages:
    2,684 (1.59/day)
    Thanks Received:
    740
    Location:
    Portugal
    Yeah, I've received the newsletter. 4 Day-1 DLC packs (which probably feature content already on disc and/or unlock game features). The game isn't even out yet. Codemasters learnt nothing from DiRT3. Screw them.
    Inb4 2-year MP server uptime.
     
  5. repman244

    repman244

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2011
    Messages:
    1,104 (0.83/day)
    Thanks Received:
    456
    No cockpit view, no buy.
     
    _JP_ says thanks.
  6. _JP_

    _JP_

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2010
    Messages:
    2,684 (1.59/day)
    Thanks Received:
    740
    Location:
    Portugal
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that detail.
     
  7. natr0n

    natr0n

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2012
    Messages:
    2,007 (1.95/day)
    Thanks Received:
    1,040
    I always play from bumper cam/view, but yeah cockpit is nice to see the dials moving, details, lights and such.
     
  8. Frag Maniac

    Frag Maniac

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2010
    Messages:
    2,768 (1.88/day)
    Thanks Received:
    585
    This is yet another game I'm very skeptical about being much worse than the original, and not just due to no cockpit view. Word is they're omitting demolition derby, as if to say play Showdown instead, which was an overall horrible game. I've also yet to see any race course they've shown so far that looks as good as those in GRID 1.

    The only thing I didn't like in GRID 1 was the drift, but I'd take 1/4 of the game being drift just to get a better core game than this one looks to be.
     
    erocker says thanks.
  9. Widjaja

    Widjaja

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2007
    Messages:
    4,819 (1.77/day)
    Thanks Received:
    639
    Location:
    Wangas, New Zealand
    :mad:

    This shit again but this time they are being blatantly obvious that they are releasing content which is supposed to be in game but as DLC.
    Pay full price for 90% of the game and some more for the other 10% of it.

    What's worse is I will be buying the DLC.

    I'm not too fussed with no head cam since there were so few people who would play on hard core mode.

    Meet their game designers
    [​IMG]
     
  10. erocker

    erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Jul 19, 2006
    Messages:
    39,893 (13.08/day)
    Thanks Received:
    14,298
    Every Codemasters release gets worse and worse. I'll have to wait and see on this one. No cockpit and 4 DLC packs on day 1 just makes me think it's getting even worse. No demo derby really kills it for me. DiRT Showdown is crap.
     
  11. KainXS

    KainXS

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2007
    Messages:
    5,601 (2.14/day)
    Thanks Received:
    502
    Grid with no cockpit view is a killer for me and pray that the game will be ripped apart and sold in pieces because the CEO of codefailers promotes this practice.

    as he has said before

    but this locked disc content stuff is just retarded, makes sense why devs are pushing more for digital sells.

    its really sad, I loved grid and have it for 360 and PC and played till the servers died out but man . . . . . . . . . I refuse to pay for a ripped apart game from the get go unless its an extremely good game.
     
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guest)

Share This Page